Can't Believe We Didn't Close The Deal For Ronald Darby | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't Believe We Didn't Close The Deal For Ronald Darby

What a horrible sequence by Matt Ryan. Ugly ugly game.

It's really incredible how bad he is in the red zone late during big games. On key late drives you can almost dismiss Atlanta's chances unless they score from 20 or 30+ yards out.

Every time I think it has to change, it gets worse.

Otherwise, Jay Ajayi looked great. Normally he starts the season slowly...somewhat stiff and tentative. Tonight he was in late season form in terms of agility and run-angry athletic arrogance.

Matt Ryan looked like a rookie last night. No candy coating that. Julio looked like he's still in July lol.

That's about as bad as I've seen Ryan look. The Eagles defense got into his head and he never was really comfortable in the pocket. If Tannehill struck out in the red zone like that we would be running him out of town on a rail. We would be ripping him on this very site to within an inch of his life! Atlanta has to feel like crap this morning. They have a second year OC who is failing, Steve Sarkasian. In his first season, last year, his offense averaged 22 points per game, down from 33 the season before!! Then they laid a huge egg last night, the same team that let the Patriots come back and beat them in the SB. I think Atlanta is going to have a tough season. Ryan got 150 million?

Both qbs looked lousy last night.

Philly has to go to half field 2 progressions rpos to get anything out of foles and the leagues more prepared for them this year.

At least Matt Ryan’s reading the whole field. That red zone stuff though from design to execution is pretty ugly.

The eagles corners are good. I know that. Sidney Jones looks the part.

That last 5 play sequence I couldn’t help but think that Miami inserts gesicki there and either lines him up split or motions him out there to give the qb an easy coverage read.

Then depending on if there’s any help at least 2 out of those 5 plays I’m throwing climb the ladder type stuff to gesicki on iso.

That cats got wr like body control in the air. It might be his most redeeming trait outside of his leaping ability. Locates the football late well too.

Every one of those plays though pretty much has to be a single primary progression into the end zone one cause you can’t get tackled in bounds or take a sack and the time in the pocket speeds up in a condensed field.

Falcons will blame the oc if things don’t change.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing the Atlanta offense did right was target Julio 19 times. On those smaller corners feed that all time top talented receiver the ball.

I want to say I can’t believe how poorly they use Devante freeman but man he truly sucks in pass pro . But they really have zero dedication to establishing a running gane. But a very good offensive line, two of the leagues top 20 backs and threats to keep uou honest on the outside it’s hard to understand the lack of a running game

Steve satkisian has the yips. And when he does draw something up Matt Ryan gets the yips.

It’s damn strange and gotta be very frustrating to root for them. Felt for them when they’re three best defenders all went down in the same quarter. Talk about wanting to hit the bottle

As this entire thread is about an eagles game? I'm moving it

Matt Ryan doesnt have great mechanics and didnt realize how many passes he throws off his back foot.

His pocket was collapsing all night so stepping up wasnt always an option. His passes sail way too high.

yep- right guard was awful. and yeah, that last throw woulda been a TD if he just threw it low- JJ had inside position.

and Ghost, dont EVER use the word "irregardless" again, okay? It's like fingernails on a chalkboard! :)

Watching this game last night, and all I could keep thinking about is the thunder and lighting combo we deserved with Ajayi and Drake, that Gase never let us have.

Honestly what struck me last night more than anything:

Philadelphia was missing its two best players on offense -- its starting quarterback and Alshon Jeffery -- and still won vs one of the best teams in the NFC.

That team is gonna have a legit chance to repeat.

Honestly what struck me last night more than anything:

Philadelphia was missing its two best players on offense -- its starting quarterback and Alshon Jeffery -- and still won vs one of the best teams in the NFC.

That team is gonna have a legit chance to repeat.

That and I think the Falcons will continue to miss Shanny

Back
Top Bottom