Can't miss prospect? OT edition | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can't miss prospect? OT edition

Needy = absolutely correct -- based on what some FOLKS HERE dictate!

And just so you understand -- that does NOT translate into me stating the kid sucks.

I would NEVER say that. And I do not appreciate you basically "falsifying" what I said

and didn't say. Like I said -- work on your reading and comprehension skills.

What YOU THINK about what I write is NOT THE SAME as what I write.

Now go away.

Just because you didn't use specific words doesn't mean we can't read between the lines.

There is far more to written words than their literal translation.

The context of your posts are very transparent and the way I interpret your psychobabble isn't a stretch.

As long as you keep posting gibberish expect others to react in similar fashion to me.

Just because you didn't use specific words doesn't mean we can't read between the lines.

There is far more to written words than their literal translation.

The context of your posts are very transparent and the way I interpret your psychobabble isn't a stretch.

As long as you keep posting gibberish expect others to react in similar fashion to me.
I have to assume you have no clue what context really means given the erroneous way

you're trying to force a rather obvious lie and misrepresentation of what I've written.

It's really sad any criticism or less than glorious feedback about certain worshiped

players is show-horned into some kid of "hatred" or --- oh he said he sucks!

Very sad. Ain't nothing gibberish about that other than the obvious marbles

rattling around in your head. Typical ploy -- you got caught in a lie and just doubled down.

If you don't like my opinion then simply ignore... But DON'T lie and misrepresent what I'm saying.

Thanks in advance for your understanding on this...

I have to assume you have no clue what context really means given the erroneous way

you're trying to force a rather obvious lie and misrepresentation of what I've written.

It's really sad any criticism or less than glorious feedback about certain worshiped

players is show-horned into some kid of "hatred" or --- oh he said he sucks!

Very sad. Ain't nothing gibberish about that other than the obvious marbles

rattling around in your head. Typical ploy -- you got caught in a lie and just doubled down.

If you don't like my opinion then simply ignore... But DON'T lie and misrepresent what I'm saying.

Thanks in advance for your understanding on this...
We cant ignore your rants because you feel the need to express them in nearly every single thread on the board.

I'm not sure why you are acting so defensive. Perhaps you are hiding something.

Good point, that’s why instead of Earl Thomas you get a Koa Misi and Jared Odrick. Having said that with 2 - 1st and IF we could do a slight trade down and still get an elite talent but easier said than done.
Man, I rememberer wanting Thomas bad.... and then... that. Puke.

Listen, I will preface this by saying I am absolutely 100 percent for trading down and collecting a next years 1st rounder from someone. However, I am beyond baffled by how many people buy into pre draft hype on players, especially at Tackle.

Grading tackles is one of the toughest things to do. The people that argue Sewell is a can't miss talent really need to figure out how they are getting to that conclusion. Is it stats? Is it what draft gurus say? Because I think we all should step back and make sure it isn't what people are just saying about a player and are making their own opinions instead.

Here is the highest graded tackles ever pre draft.

1Joe ThomasWisconsin2007
2Jake LongMichigan2008
3Leonard DavisTexas2001
4Russell OkungOklahoma St2010
5Mike WilliamsTexas2002
6Robert GalleryIowa2004
7Andre SmithAlabama2009
8Eric WinstonMiami (FL)2006
9Trent WilliamsOklahoma2010
10Matt KalilUSC2012

Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Russell Okung, Eric Winston and Trent Williams were great pros. But thats only 50% of the top highest rated Tackles EVER.

The other 5 were complete busts in the NFL as tackles.

Jake Long, Eric Winston and Trent Williams all ended up leaving the franchise that drafted them because the team ended up not paying them.

This means only 2 of the highest graded tackles ever really had a true meaningful impact to their team that made them worth keeping around.

I realise this will get flamed. I realise that Sewell may very well be a HOF tackle when all is said and done. But we all need to realise he may very well (and the odds are in favor of) end up being a bust or at the very least may not be all he is built up to be.

If we draft Sewell I will pray he is a HOF, but people need to really stop pretending that he is a lock to be an all time great. The draft is a crap shoot. How people transition to the NFL is and has always been a lot of luck. People get paid a lot of money to only hit on 1 or 2 a year and that is considered good.

Great teams in the NFL build through the draft. Increasing the number of picks, and therefore the odds, is by far the best way to do this.
The past 2 years I've listed, but been looking at it for more years, the starting Oline for each Super Bowl team and in what round the starters were drafted. It's usually many late round and undrafted players. So you're right, more picks seems to be more valuable than a high "sure thing" pick. I mean Jake Long probably would be a HoFer but injuries destroyed his career.

Right. I get it. Poor l'il Tua doesn't have anyone to play with! And once he's surrounded by "superior talent" at ALL positions
and can dump off for 50 YAC a shot and hit li'l cheesy slants for 80 yard TDs while getting 200 on the ground every game
he'll personally be "competitive" with Allen!

I have honestly never known such a NEEDY QB in like 50 years of football! Folks have had it WRONG all these years!
QBs don't lift up players around them! It's the other way around! Like how silly is that!

What about the OP post on Sewell vs trading down?

The past 2 years I've listed, but been looking at it for more years, the starting Oline for each Super Bowl team and in what round the starters were drafted. It's usually many late round and undrafted players. So you're right, more picks seems to be more valuable than a high "sure thing" pick. I mean Jake Long probably would be a HoFer but injuries destroyed his career.

You're right in the case of the Patriots that's true. It tends to be more IOL rather than Tackle though. They also have a lot of guys who are shorter than your typical 1st rounder, ie 6´1 - 6´3.

I'm excited about Sewell but I acknowledge the point. Sewell could tear an ACL early on but that's less likely to happen to all 3 guys you trade down for.

Listen, I will preface this by saying I am absolutely 100 percent for trading down and collecting a next years 1st rounder from someone. However, I am beyond baffled by how many people buy into pre draft hype on players, especially at Tackle.

Grading tackles is one of the toughest things to do. The people that argue Sewell is a can't miss talent really need to figure out how they are getting to that conclusion. Is it stats? Is it what draft gurus say? Because I think we all should step back and make sure it isn't what people are just saying about a player and are making their own opinions instead.

Here is the highest graded tackles ever pre draft.

1Joe ThomasWisconsin2007
2Jake LongMichigan2008
3Leonard DavisTexas2001
4Russell OkungOklahoma St2010
5Mike WilliamsTexas2002
6Robert GalleryIowa2004
7Andre SmithAlabama2009
8Eric WinstonMiami (FL)2006
9Trent WilliamsOklahoma2010
10Matt KalilUSC2012

Joe Thomas, Jake Long, Russell Okung, Eric Winston and Trent Williams were great pros. But thats only 50% of the top highest rated Tackles EVER.

The other 5 were complete busts in the NFL as tackles.

Jake Long, Eric Winston and Trent Williams all ended up leaving the franchise that drafted them because the team ended up not paying them.

This means only 2 of the highest graded tackles ever really had a true meaningful impact to their team that made them worth keeping around.

I realise this will get flamed. I realise that Sewell may very well be a HOF tackle when all is said and done. But we all need to realise he may very well (and the odds are in favor of) end up being a bust or at the very least may not be all he is built up to be.

If we draft Sewell I will pray he is a HOF, but people need to really stop pretending that he is a lock to be an all time great. The draft is a crap shoot. How people transition to the NFL is and has always been a lot of luck. People get paid a lot of money to only hit on 1 or 2 a year and that is considered good.

Great teams in the NFL build through the draft. Increasing the number of picks, and therefore the odds, is by far the best way to do this.
How bad would the WR look in this same senario?Much much worse.

Good luck finding a coach, QB, or RB that thinks having a dominant OL is not a serious need.
I’d like to point out that I didn’t state having a dominant offensive line is not a serious need. I very much agree, offensive lineman play a critical role in offensive success.

What I was implying is that our offensive line has a lot of up-and-coming, promising players. I feel we are not in dire need to find ourselves an offensive tackle this off-season; certainly not as much as we are at the wide receiver position, anyway.

We cant ignore your rants because you feel the need to express them in nearly every single thread on the board.

I'm not sure why you are acting so defensive. Perhaps you are hiding something.
Oh no Avigatorx...It's real easy to ignore them...that little button under their avatar.....press it ..stupidity just goes away...

i guess you are saying those two teams are coming for QBs cause otherwise they ain’t coming and paying that kinda price.

am I getting Marvin Harrison, or anquan boldin or Santana moss in return. All comps that I can see for those 3 WRs. Chase might be a faster version I suppose of boldin which adds value no doubt. Of the 3 I will take Harrison.

as for the Sewell thing I haven’t watched much of him I asked for the nfl comp being that I was hearing some traits that reminded me of jake Matthews from a strength and length aspect of things. But I didn’t hear anything back.
The comp I see people make is Anthony Munoz. I know, right?

Have you ever even watched Sewell play?

That's kinda not the point.

His point is that all of the listed prospects based on college dominance were listed as the No. 1 tackle prospect and the college tape/dominance didnt' always translate to the pros.

Back
Top Bottom