Cap Space? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
Anybody have an idea what are current cap space situation is looking like now after the day one signings? I know we still can free up more cap by extending some guys but I’m just curious where we’re at right now

7 million prior to Long signing which was 11 million for 2 years. If I had to guess though this years hit probably only like 3.5 million so if I had to guess around 3-4 million. However plenty moves to make.

This still has Hunter Long on it and it does not have David Long. It does have Mike White, Savon Ahmed, Duke Riley and of course Ramsey. Not sure why Hunter Long is still on it.

It says about 6 million
the trades are not official till Wednesday

Ramsey was a trade. White appears to have signed his deal (per OTC) and it is confusing unless he was officially released from the Jets and free to sign.

Remember we have to be at cap March 15 but can then go over it afterwards.

we're sitting at 6.9mill of cap space not counting David Long.

Also, after June we'll get almost 14mill after Byron Jones comes off the books

For the record, nothing is official till tomorrow at 4pm but over the cap has been updating everything as moves have been made........once David long is in there we'll be one or 2 millions under the cap at best, pending the 14mill for Byron Jones in June

Anybody have an idea what are current cap space situation is looking like now after the day one signings? I know we still can free up more cap by extending some guys but I’m just curious where we’re at right now
$8.3 million in cap space before accounting for David Long’s deal. Long probably has a 2023 cap hit of around $4 million, so assume we have about $4 million left in cap space.

But we’re highly likely to restructure Jalen Ramsey, which would give us another $10.5 million. There are some other moves we can make to open up more, but Ramsey is the only one I’d consider highly likely.

So we probably have roughly $15 million more in cap space to spend on free agents and filling out the roster, and we can spend every last penny (and then some) because we have $13 million more opening up on June 1.

For the record, nothing is official till tomorrow at 4pm but over the cap has been updating everything as moves have been made........once David long is in there we'll be one or 2 millions under the cap at best, pending the 14mill for Byron Jones in June
If so it is not something OTC should be doing as it causes confusion and conflicts. Saw the same when Spotrac did it last week with Phins rookie options for 2024. They should both stick to the rules and standards of capology. Just my view.

$8.3 million in cap space before accounting for David Long’s deal. Long probably has a 2023 cap hit of around $4 million, so assume we have about $4 million left in cap space.

But we’re highly likely to restructure Jalen Ramsey, which would give us another $10.5 million. There are some other moves we can make to open up more, but Ramsey is the only one I’d consider highly likely.

So we probably have roughly $15 million more in cap space to spend on free agents and filling out the roster, and we can spend every last penny (and then some) because we have $13 million more opening up on June 1.
You really like getting ahead of yourself , don’t ya?.....lol......yes that is possible but keep one thing in mind with the money we get in June.......maybe 2.5 to 3mill for the draft picks which leave 10mill......you have to keep 5mill for in season moves which look at how many moves we had to make last year with the injuries.......I still think is possible we're trying to trade Baker and /or Ogbah

Cutting Crossen would give us a bit over 3mill if need be.

If so it is not something OTC should be doing as it causes confusion and conflicts. Saw the same when Spotrac did it last week with Phins rookie options for 2024. They should both stick to the rules and standards of capology. Just my view.
nah, I actually love that they're doing it cause at least we know where we stand.....the FO knows where we stand anyway which is what really matters but if they weren’t doing this we'd be going crazy trying to figure out what we have to work with.

One more thing for whoever cares.....as of Saturday we had 62mill of cap space for 2024......after the restructuring we've done, Tua's 5th year option and free agency our cap space for 2024 is now just a bit over 2mill and once we add the dead money from Byron Jones we'll be over the cap

Posted the same on Ramsey after his signing. I have seen nothing more on a Baker deal and not sure where that will lead. Ogbah is another mystery.

Back
Top Bottom