Cap Space? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Look at all those teams under 10 million in cap space.
See anything interesting?
They are not the worst teams in the league. - LOL
Well, maybe the Jaguars - LOL
The Jags are in good shape. They built their roster last year with a ton of cap space

You really like getting ahead of yourself , don’t ya?.....lol......yes that is possible but keep one thing in mind with the money we get in June.......maybe 2.5 to 3mill for the draft picks which leave 10mill......you have to keep 5mill for in season moves which look at how many moves we had to make last year with the injuries.......I still think is possible we're trying to trade Baker and /or Ogbah

Cutting Crossen would give us a bit over 3mill if need be.
Haha, I’m really not ahead of myself. The Ramsey contract reworking just came in. It reduced his 2023 cap number by $12.9 million. Meaning we have close to $18 million in space, rather than the $15 million I said. I was overly conservative…

According to PFT, the Dolphins re-did Ramsey's contract and instead of his hit being $17 million this season it is now only $4.11 million, a difference of $12.89 million. So (not counting David Long's contract) we should have closer to $20 million I believe.

One more thing for whoever cares.....as of Saturday we had 62mill of cap space for 2024......after the restructuring we've done, Tua's 5th year option and free agency our cap space for 2024 is now just a bit over 2mill and once we add the dead money from Byron Jones we'll be over the cap

This assumes Ogbah, Baker and WIlson are still on the roster in 2024. Those three contracts alone would clear $31mm.

Someone seems to know what they are doing.
I think that pisses off the "Lemmings" the most.

Keep up the good work Mr. Grier.
Bite on that you "Lemmings"! - LOL
Trades - Great
Cap - So far, so good
He drafted Hunt, Holland, Phillips, Waddle, Wilkins. Can't complain about a lot of his picks. But when he's missed, he's missed so, so bad. Iggy, Eich, AJ. If we had even decent decent guys with those picks. Damn, we would really have something

10 a.m. update: The Dolphins have about $15 to $17 million in cap space; we’ll know the precise figure when David Long’s two year, $11 million contract hits the NFL wire. The Dolphins were at $29 million after restructuring Bradley Chubb, Terron Armstead and Tyreek Hill. They acquired Jalen Ramsey but restructured his contract to drop his cap hit from $17 million to $4.1 million. Contracts for Salvon Ahmed, Mike White and Duke Riley dropped the cap space to about $20 million. Long’s contract likely leaves Miami’s space in the $15 million to $17 million range.

Trades - Great
Cap - So far, so good
He drafted Hunt, Holland, Phillips, Waddle, Wilkins. Can't complain about a lot of his picks. But when he's missed, he's missed so, so bad. Iggy, Eich, AJ. If we had even decent decent guys with those picks. Damn, we would really have something

Damn, we really do have something. - LOL
I'm including:
1) Iggy - We will see this year, or maybe he becomes trade fodder - either way is fine with me.
2) Eich - incomplete as of yet. Let's see what happens this year with the offensive line. We are good and getting better. It's somewhat of a crap shoot as to his growing into the position or being a waste. Look at how hard and expensive it is to ge good FA OL players. We are more likely to improve with who we have then "pick a winner" in FA or the draft?
3) AJ has, IMO, been over demonized and many have failed to observe his improvement.

There, that's better.

Back
Top Bottom