Cb Breeland Visiting Tomorrow | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cb Breeland Visiting Tomorrow

He didn't sign yet there's no confirmation from anybody.

For what its worth..

He's Terell Buckley level streaky. I've haven't seen a ton of him in the pros but those players rarely change. The Redskins saying goodbye and him still being available shows I can't be too far off.

Plenty of talent though. No one out there I'm clamoring for so another big fat whatever from me.

He's visited like 6 or more teams (including the Patriots, the Jets, Oakland, Indy, KC, Cleveland). Time is ticking away to learn a new team's defensive system and he's successfully avoided a lot of the physical pain of training camp while recovering from his foot problem that Carolina shied away from. Also interesting to note that the team he has played well for - the Washington Redskins, didn't re-sign him (and they are a team that generally isn't afraid to spend big). For Breeland to be visiting Miami, we know that he wants to be paid (and it won't be cheap - we would know the amount he expects and wouldn't be wasting everybody's time just for a visit and a good steak at the Don Shula Steakhouse). To be seriously looking at him at this time in the preseason also means we are not satisfied in the performances of Tankersley, Lippert and McTyer as potential starters and despite the talk, view Bobby McCain job mainly to cover the slot (a difficult job that he does well). I thought Cordrea Tankersley did pretty well last season as a rookie, but maybe our new DB Coach, Oden is looking for more from a starter and Tank has underperformed. Also interesting to note that Breeland and Tankersley both come from Clemson's system. My read is that Tony Lippert is probably still having some issues returning from his achilles tendon surgery from last season and is not being rushed along - he will be better next year if we are sufficiently patient or maybe they've seen enough and he gets cut. Despite the gushing reports, McTyer is probably just good roster depth and is decent on special teams. He's probably on the bubble to make the roster.

Last edited:
He's Terell Buckley level streaky. I've haven't seen a ton of him in the pros but those players rarely change. The Redskins saying goodbye and him still being available shows I can't be too far off.

Plenty of talent though. No one out there I'm clamoring for so another big fat whatever from me.
Hes only available cuz he failed a physical Carolina gave him a pretty big deal but his foot was infected from his vacation over seas

I was never too impressed with Breeland tbh. Saw him play twice a year when the Cowboys faced the Redskins.
They would just pick on him as Norman would shut down the other half of the field.

Would try to get Dez lined up on him over Norman, and it would pay off as Dez could just outjump/physical him.

Despite the gushing reports, McTyer is probably just good roster depth and is decent on special teams. He's probably on the bubble to make the roster.
You don't cut your fifth best CB. Or your sixth. And McTyer is at worst our #4 currently.

If you think he can help you do it. If he's just another guy comparable to what you already have but would cost a lot more, you don't.

For him to visit Miami you know he prefers that as a destination, doubt he's going on multiple trips right now when time is of the essence.

At the very least it puts 3-4 CB's on your current roster on alert that they need to pick it up.

Minkah is that much more valuable to this team. If he had to play corner, he would probably still excel. It's no one's preference though, I believe.

Last edited:
Barry Jackson on Twitter said nothing materialized from the meeting so they’re sticking with McCain for now.

Not sure what we’re going to get. Before camp Gase was asked what his concerns were. He said none (impossible I know) but mentioned this battle for the #2 CB job. I think this was a day 1 concern. I’m really disappointed in Cordrea. I figured he would step up and win the job or at least show enough for a learn as you go approach. He must be sucking donkey balls.

Apparently Breeland is still injured and not ready to play for anybody. Miami won't sign him

I think Tanks problem isn't his skill set but trying to learn Burkes complex scheme.

Back
Top Bottom