Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft)

We drafted zero day one starters with three picks in the 1st rd. On a team with marginal overall team talent, the grade should be low.

All 3 of our 1st round picks will start at some point in 2020. I expect Jackson to start week 1 and Igbinoghene to be on the field in nickel and dime packages week 1. It doesn’t matter how “raw” scouting reports perceive them to be if they are already the best players at their position on our roster.

There is some truths in his analysis. Especially the part about DJ Reader. But for the most part I felt he was just trolling the team. He fails to mention how good Ogbah, Van Noy and Lawson are at setting the edge. That was one of the biggest weaknesses on defense. I guess he was expecting the Dolphins to spend wildly.

This is the Patriot way, you bargain hunt and find the players who fit your scheme. For him to refuse to acknowledge Miami looks improved on Defense is foolish. I can understand his questions about the Offensive Line. Flowers has only 8 quality games at LG. Underwhelming to say the least. Mixed reviews for sure, but not an F. Miami spent $80M in F/A I guess he thought they spent their money at Mickey Dee's!!!

I thought the F/O aced F/A. The draft on the other hand has some potential. Gotta get the Offensive Line fixed, get those kids playing well.

Who? An unknown entity probably just trying to make a name for himself. Bless his heart.

So first year head coach gets rid of talent to acquire draft picks and cap space. League and all the experts say they are tanking. Look rough as a team first half of the season. Turn things around and win 5 games. With a no talent team they all say is tanking. His first draft as a head coach and already putting him in the grave

Another person who thinks when you have a lot of money you should have three $20 million players versus six $10-$12 million players. Probably would’ve given Miami an A if they had signed Clowney to a ton of money and offensive tackle to a ton of money and a nothing else and then went chalk in the draft based on Mel Kiper’s board.

The problem is there’s nothing to talk about or do right now and if you’re trying to build some sort of profile you do shocking stuff like this. Give people who made bold moves and let’s say brought in 31 new players to your organization during the off-season a bad grade and give teams who really haven’t been in the news average grades.

Last edited:
Not sure about the F but I for one was not happy with this draft at all. I don’t think Chris Grier is a good GM. Just look at last years class. A DT that doesn’t get sacks at 13. One of the worst guards in the league in the third round and gave away a 2nd round pick for a QB who they didn’t even give a chance to succeed. I hope for the best but we def didn’t go bpa

Draft to fit the scheme is probably what got us some of the lower rated players lots of folks don't like. The Pats do the same thing only they have winning to back them up. I really only question the guard picks and possibly Davis at NT. The guards/ tackle in the 2nd and 4 the rounds read like they have slow feet and Davis unmotivated. I also say Grier did make lots of trades and attempted others if you watched the draft but the way he rang the bell when our picks came up convinced me he and Flores were sold on these picks even if they were backup picks. So if we play football this year it's going to be interesting if we progress with these picks plus the coaching turnover from last year too.

F is a little harsh but I do agree that the draft was underwhelming. Free agency wasn’t underwhelming but we overpaid for Flowers and Lawson and really really really overpaid for Jones.
I could not disagree more on your assessment other than maybe Flowers, who played great at guard last year. Free agency always costs more but those are excellent players ESPECIALLY Byron Jones who is a phenomenal man-to-man corner. His advanced stats are off the charts. Stop looking at INT numbers.

Chad Forbes = Wannabe Troll. Probably a Jets fan. Time to move on, the clown has received more attention then he deserves.

This Ford fellow was either hammered or doesn’t watch football. Miami improved dramatically in the offseason in both FA and the draft. Smart, scheme-fit, versatile, solid character players everywhere.

Sounds like a chargers fan who is salty because we took Tua and they’re stuck with Herbert. The patriots take cast offs all the time and fit them into their system. Hmmm I wonder why were following this model???

Also did I just see Armando called someone else unprofessional. Seriously, he doesn’t see the hypocrisy???

Back
Top Bottom