Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft)

NFL draft bites, obviously some jets fan who hates the dolphins. If you have never heard of the site the guy is clearly a hack

How much would we have paid DJ Reader to come here and be the NT?

I mean he signed a four year $53 million contract so $13.25 million a year for defensive tackle not named Aaron Donald seems like a lot.

Would have made him the second highest paid free agent for Miami and is a bit of a one trick pony. While Miami needs a big defensive tackle the scheme calls for more versatility then simply playing 0/1 technique. I know it’s not necessarily an easy position to find, but feel like between cuts and the draft you can find someone to eat a blocks in the run game. I think Davis needs some coaching but I think he offers more pass rush upside than Reader.

And I think with the versatility Miami has along defensive line they can play anywhere from two man to five man fronts. While Reader is good it’s not like he’s Vince Wilfork, and while Bonito Jones might be a stretch to make the roster I think all the pieces added in the off-season should give more impact along the line than simply having Reader.

I mean he signed a four year $53 million contract so $13.25 million a year for defensive tackle not named Aaron Donald seems like a lot.

Would have made him the second highest paid free agent for Miami and is a bit of a one trick pony. While Miami needs a big defensive tackle the scheme calls for more versatility then simply playing 0/1 technique. I know it’s not necessarily an easy position to find, but feel like between cuts and the draft you can find someone to eat a blocks in the run game. I think Davis needs some coaching but I think he offers more pass rush upside than Reader.

And I think with the versatility Miami has along defensive line they can play anywhere from two man to five man fronts. While Reader is good it’s not like he’s Vince Wilfork, and while Bonito Jones might be a stretch to make the roster I think all the pieces added in the off-season should give more impact along the line than simply having Reader.
Davis offers no pass rush. He was next to Quinnen Williams getting 1v1's and didn't do diddly. He was by himself this year and got a half a sack. That's not 2nd round production, and it makes me think about the previous year's bungled draft with the "what ifs".

I've read his points and opinions regarding his grade. I've given him the benefit of doubt, respected his views and with an open minded response to his grade post I can honestly say that hes clueless.

Agreed. I’d rate our offseason a C- or so. For the picks and money we entered the offseason with, we didn’t accomplish much outside of Tua which we got with our own pick, no wheeling and dealing required.

I think they gave up. Fight for every inch of every pick. Hell, we save them all for day three. Might as well get the BPA in 6 and 7.

I think they gave up. Fight for every inch of every pick. Hell, we save them all for day three. Might as well get the BPA in 6 and 7.
"I think they gave up". Is the most ridiculous analysis I've seen so far.
Our GM and coach halfway thru the draft gave up? They gave up...
Wow

"I think they gave up". Is the most ridiculous analysis I've seen so far.
Our GM and coach halfway thru the draft gave up? They gave up...
Wow

1st...where did I even allude to giving up halfway?

When you answer that, when you draft a LS in rd. 6, and trade your last pick in rd. 7...you packed up early.

If they didn't give up, they have proven to me that for two years running the best they can do in a draft room is a "C".

That doesn't bode well for sustainability...unless you want to sustain 9-7.

1st...where did I even allude to giving up halfway?

When you answer that, when you draft a LS in rd. 6, and trade your last pick in rd. 7...you packed up early.

If they didn't give up, they have proven to me that for two years running the best they can do in a draft room is a "C".

That doesn't bode well for sustainability...unless you want to sustain 9-7.
We usually only agree half the time. This is not one of those times.

The NFL draft is a crapshoot. If the FO's vision was to get a QB and a whole lotta beef on both lines, then they accomplished that. I believe they wanted Ruiz and one of the top rookie RBs, and they worked a backup plan. Grier got noticeably more aggressive in trades after that.

Now it's up to Flores and his staff, a lot of which are new as well, to develop these kids in a shortened off season.

Much respect to Fitzpatrick, but I can't wait to read about Tua throwing darts at practices.

Back
Top Bottom