Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Forbes from NFL DRAFT BITES gives Miami a F (Offseason & Draft)

it's not an F, but when you think about it, we had lots of picks and money and sure ended up with a lot of average players and projects. could have done better. time will show that.
You could make an argument that every draft is really a C. As in wait and c. That’s boring. That’s doesn’t get clicks or make fans feel anything about their draft. But you give a draft an F. That’ll get clicks and attention by fans who somehow feel personally slighted.

I had a lot of faith in Chris Grier, and defended him many times on this board. But I gotta say, this draft felt a lot like the Jeff Ireland "Picks and Money" offseason. I was expecting a lot more talent.
Perhaps the players we brought in have a lot more talent than you are anticipating.

Honest question. Is he accredited to give draft analysis? Is he affiliated with a credible outlet? These are not leading questions. I’ve honestly not come across him before. He comes across as an emotional fan with hot takes. If that’s the case, what’s the point? He’s full of lackluster and inconsistent findings.

I think an F is really overdoing it, but just a few changes, and things look a lot different. Biggest needs going into offseason where O-Line and QB. Keep same trades we did and make only 1 change in FA and 1 different draft pick.
FA Sign Conklin instead of Karras (this was at the top of the needed list and we should have made it happen)
Draft select Ruiz at 18 instead of Jackson. ( with Conklin on the team we didn't have to panic at 18 for the OT, and we know Ruiz was there).
How would like to start this year with this line, Conklin, Flowers, Ruiz, Kindley, Hunt? This along with knowing Tua is your future QB.

Perhaps the players we brought in have a lot more talent than you are anticipating.
I sure hope so. But I feel like I paid for a Ferrari and got a Hyundai ... and my phenom race car driver is gonna stand no chance. Lots of projects and servicable players ... but IMHO not a draft worthy of the capital we had. I dread that 9-7 and then 7-9 treadmill of mediocrity, and this is giving me visions of getting back on that treadmill.

I'm sure they have a place waiting for him at ESPN

I sure hope so. But I feel like I paid for a Ferrari and got a Hyundai ... and my phenom race car driver is gonna stand no chance. Lots of projects and servicable players ... but IMHO not a draft worthy of the capital we had. I dread that 9-7 and then 7-9 treadmill of mediocrity, and this is giving me visions of getting back on that treadmill.
I know you do.

Let's hope we're pleasantly surprised.

Chad is a certified Fin Hater which is fine. Criticized us for all the leaks criticized us for hiring Gase, criticized us for firing Gase. Criticized the hiring of Flores. Ect.

Is that to say you cannot criticize the draft or offseason? Not at all. Easy criticism can be made. But Forbes has no impartiality

I love what Miami did. Gotta attack the trenches to have success after you secure a qb..Miami did that in the same year.

We have good enough weapons, we needed the big boys

Back
Top Bottom