Chad Henne's throwing mechanics | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chad Henne's throwing mechanics

HurriPhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
ChadHenne-1.jpg

aka the Funky Chicken Dance.

I just do not get how you could have such a horrible throwing motion. First Henne leaves the ball out their in the wind for any defensive player to easily knock loose. Second despite Henne's arm strength, his passes take way to long to leave his hand after he makes a decision to throw. Forget the notion that he may or may not stare down receivers, his awkward release gives DB's enough time to break on the ball alone. These are concerns that are not fixed by practicing with the first team, "gelling" with your WR's, and or gaining game experience on the field. This is how he throws and if it hasn't ben fixed by now then this is what we'll get: an inaccurate and inconsistent QB.

Still early, but at no time in any games, college or pros, have I been impressed with this guy. Same feeling I had about Beck.

Funny how people dump on Henne but in the next breath think our qb coach should be oc lol

I've talked about his slow release in the past and many here just don't see it ,or understand it.

It's a good thing he has a "good arm" because if he had CP's he would never have even been giving a chance to play in the NFL.

It's something he'll have to work around just Like the other Chad had to work around having a weak arm.

BTW his slow release is a big part of him having the pick 6 last week.

Funny how people dump on Henne but in the next breath think our qb coach should be oc lol

I hope that reference wasn't aimed at me. In fact I have said that how can you blame Henning when all he has is a run game to work with.

My disdain for Henne has nothing to do with his second half performance against the Chargers (although my avatar suggests otherwise) it's that he doesn't possess the proper tools to become a NFL QB. Yes yes Henne has a strong arm but for some reason people just think that it automatically translates into stretching the defense and having a downfield passing game. I don't doubt that this will happen at times but then what do we do when we reach the redzone and he has to make proper reads and must get the ball out quickly before the DB reacts. The same can be said for Phillip Rivers. Rivers had one good year and after that he has struggled to find the endzone and throw for over 20 TD's. Rivers has a big arm but just can't finish and he is not a winner or a leader. Innacuracy and inconsitency is all were gonna get from Henne. It's just a shame because were does that leave us in the draft next year. Do we actually draft ANOTHER QB. Damn I hope not. we have so many other needs that must be addressed besides spending yet another pick on a hopeful franchise QB.

:sidelol:

I love all the negative reputation I've received on this thread. The truth sucks people, doesn't it. I've stated facts about Henne's incompetency and not just "oh, boohoo Penny's gone & Henne's green". You just can't argue with how ugly Henne throws and the liabilities his mechanics bring as a QB. I know, "give him a chance, he's only played a half", or "how can you judge him when you haven't even seen him play a full NFL game or season". It's easy assess the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of his Funky Chicken before he even steps foot on a the playing field.

I hope that reference wasn't aimed at me. In fact I have said that how can you blame Henning when all he has is a run game to work with.

My disdain for Henne has nothing to do with his second half performance against the Chargers (although my avatar suggests otherwise) it's that he doesn't possess the proper tools to become a NFL QB. Yes yes Henne has a strong arm but for some reason people just think that it automatically translates into stretching the defense and having a downfield passing game. I don't doubt that this will happen at times but then what do we do when we reach the redzone and he has to make proper reads and must get the ball out quickly before the DB reacts. The same can be said for Phillip Rivers. Rivers had one good year and after that he has struggled to find the endzone and throw for over 20 TD's. Rivers has a big arm but just can't finish and he is not a winner or a leader. Innacuracy and inconsitency is all were gonna get from Henne. It's just a shame because were does that leave us in the draft next year. Do we actually draft ANOTHER QB. Damn I hope not. we have so many other needs that must be addressed besides spending yet another pick on a hopeful franchise QB.

Are we thinking of the same Philip Rivers? The same guy that played on a busted knee in the AFC Title game to try and give his team a chance?

His line last year:
312 completions, 478 attempts, 65.3 completion %, 4009 yards, 34 TDs, 11 INTs, 105.5 rating. All this with his best assets (Gates and Tomlinson) being hurt all year.

Clearly he sucks and isn't a leader.

ChadHenne-1.jpg

aka the Funky Chicken Dance.

I just do not get how you could have such a horrible throwing motion. First Henne leaves the ball out their in the wind for any defensive player to easily knock loose. Second despite Henne's arm strength, his passes take way to long to leave his hand after he makes a decision to throw. Forget the notion that he may or may not stare down receivers, his awkward release gives DB's enough time to break on the ball alone. These are concerns that are not fixed by practicing with the first team, "gelling" with your WR's, and or gaining game experience on the field. This is how he throws and if it hasn't ben fixed by now then this is what we'll get: an inaccurate and inconsistent QB.

looks more like "walkin like an egyptian"

Are we thinking of the same Philip Rivers? The same guy that played on a busted knee in the AFC Title game to try and give his team a chance?

His line last year:
312 completions, 478 attempts, 65.3 completion %, 4009 yards, 34 TDs, 11 INTs, 105.5 rating. All this with his best assets (Gates and Tomlinson) being hurt all year.

Clearly he sucks and isn't a leader.

Yes, but it was Billy Volek who lead the winning drive against the Colts in the divisional playoff to win the game and get them to the title game which Rivers lost. Also when Rivers had his "wonderful" statistical year the Chargers went 8-8. Even though they made the playoffs by being in the NFL's worst division , when they upset the Colt's Rivers failed to throw any TD's. Rivers cannot be considered a team leader by any means, the way he mouths off and taunts others deserves no respect at all.

He does win games though. You can't blame him for the Bolts going 8-8 last year either. Their D was trash. It'd be like blaming Marino for us not getting past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. When you're without your top two offensive weapons and have an abysmal D on the other side, it's hard to win games.

So he mouths off to teams? He's ****y...you got to like that in a player. I'm sure you don't have a problem when the Canes players do it (or did it) to the other teams.

Dude's a winner. He backs up his talk. What more can you ask for?

He does win games though. You can't blame him for the Bolts going 8-8 last year either. Their D was trash. It'd be like blaming Marino for us not getting past the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs.

Point taken. +1 :up:

Back
Top Bottom