chambers loving all the changes | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

chambers loving all the changes

Well, let's see. We have a new coach now, a new offense is in the works by our new coach. New players on offense. New schemes, and it was stated by both Mueller and Cam that they will do what they can to get Chambers back to his 2005 Pro Bowl ability. So, to answer your question, wait til the 2007 season is here and see.
Incredible how Chamber supporters keep referring back to 2005 as if he had an amazing year. Since the only numbers that get publicized (for the most part) are catches, yards, and TDs for a WR Chambers was able to get an invite to the pro bowl (lucky for him the best WRs were in the NFC). However, when understanding the context in which his stats were accumulated he really did not have a very good year at all and was NOT pro bowl worthy.

As for Chambers 2005...82 catches 1118 yards 11 TD

On the surface these numbers look good. However, it took 166 pass attempts to obtain his numbers. That leads to a completion percentage of 48%. Chambers was tied for 2nd in the NFL in times targeted, but tied for 13th in catches. This leads to Chambers averaging 6.7 yards per pass play to him which ranked 65th among qualifying WRs.

Of course, he did have 11 TDs. However, Chambers was targeted 29 times targeted in the "red zone." Furthermore, Chambers was 2nd in the league in dropped passes with 16 according to some sources (dropped passes is NOT actually a stat that is public so there can be varying numbers depending on the "unofficial" stat supplier).

Chambers 2005 was really not all that amazing. The most amazing thing about 2005 was that he actually did go to the pro bowl...good thing most people are ignorant of "context." Chambers was simply the benefactor of a "pass happy" offensive coordinator. Even in Chambers great performance against Buffalo (he did have a good game) he was also credited with 3 dropped passes and a fumble.

Chamber fans may be hoping he rebounds to his 2005 form (which would definitely be an improvement over 2006) but I am hoping for a WHOLE LOT MORE!!! Or once again we will be in trouble with our passing game and have the worst #1 WR in the league.

Anyone who points to 2006 to criticize chambers.... go watch his 05 highlights and then show where he had those oppurtunities in 06.... :tantrum:

If we watched all the passes thrown to Chambers in 2005 then 52% of the time (84) we would see an incomplete pass!

"To come back and maybe having to start a new offense over, we probably wouldn't fare well," Chambers said. "It will slow us up like it has in the past."

Enter Mike Mularkey... A broken Cpep, Joey Harrington.. and LJ as LT. Minus Ricky.

Chris Chambers is likely to be very happy right now because in the most recent mini-camp they had him working out of the slot a lot, which was an integral part of his success during the latter half of 2005, and something that he did not get to do in 2006 because the coaching staff made the decision that they wanted to feature Wes Welker more out of the slot.

Having Ted Ginn Jr. around would give Chambers the ability to move inside while Ginn moves outside. That's got to naturally be a positive to Chris.

You keep preaching about the damn slot but its just another excuse about chambers lets face it parrot.

If we watched all the passes thrown to Chambers in 2005 then 52% of the time (84) we would see an incomplete pass!
No answer then ???
cool ....anything else you can refer to your statbook for ??? and i thought watching football was enough :confused:

Incredible how Chamber supporters keep referring back to 2005 as if he had an amazing year. Since the only numbers that get publicized (for the most part) are catches, yards, and TDs for a WR Chambers was able to get an invite to the pro bowl (lucky for him the best WRs were in the NFC). However, when understanding the context in which his stats were accumulated he really did not have a very good year at all and was NOT pro bowl worthy.

As for Chambers 2005...82 catches 1118 yards 11 TD

On the surface these numbers look good. However, it took 166 pass attempts to obtain his numbers. That leads to a completion percentage of 48%. Chambers was tied for 2nd in the NFL in times targeted, but tied for 13th in catches. This leads to Chambers averaging 6.7 yards per pass play to him which ranked 65th among qualifying WRs.

Of course, he did have 11 TDs. However, Chambers was targeted 29 times targeted in the "red zone." Furthermore, Chambers was 2nd in the league in dropped passes with 16 according to some sources (dropped passes is NOT actually a stat that is public so there can be varying numbers depending on the "unofficial" stat supplier).

Chambers 2005 was really not all that amazing. The most amazing thing about 2005 was that he actually did go to the pro bowl...good thing most people are ignorant of "context." Chambers was simply the benefactor of a "pass happy" offensive coordinator. Even in Chambers great performance against Buffalo (he did have a good game) he was also credited with 3 dropped passes and a fumble.

Chamber fans may be hoping he rebounds to his 2005 form (which would definitely be an improvement over 2006) but I am hoping for a WHOLE LOT MORE!!! Or once again we will be in trouble with our passing game and have the worst #1 WR in the league.

All I said was, that Cam and Randy want to get him back to 2005 form.
And I said we have to wait to see what happens in 2007, were not done putting together this offense either.Ofcourse I want CC to get back to 2005, who doesn't???

And you can tell the guy he really wants is Trent Green, who would be a perfect fit in Cameron's offense.
"You want the opening day quarterback working with us during that mini-camp after the draft."
That's another reason why Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson is holding all the cards here and smartly holding out for a day 1 pick. And another reason why you really get the feeling that Daunte Culpepper's days in Miami are numbered.

Talk about opinions from the reporter. He is just jumping to conclusions. Chambers doesnt say any of that stuff. Chiefs have no leverage. Ludacris

All I said was, that Cam and Randy want to get him back to 2005 form.
And I said we have to wait to see what happens in 2007, were not done putting together this offense either.Ofcourse I want CC to get back to 2005, who doesn't???

:lol: ME!!! Did you read the post??? Although he was much worse in 2006 than in 2005, he was still NOT very good in 2005!!! Read the post...only 6.7 yards per pass play (65th in the league) and only 48% completion, along with 16 dropped passes...:shakeno:

:lol: ME!!! Did you read the post??? Although he was much worse in 2006 than in 2005, he was still NOT very good in 2005!!! Read the post...only 6.7 yards per pass play and only 48% completion, along with 16 dropped passes...:shakeno:

Again, let's wait til the season gets here, if we have a good QB and our offense is in good shape, and Chambers still struggles or complains or what have you, then ok he needs to go. But, again let's wait and see.

Again, let's wait til the season gets here, if we have a good QB and our offense is in good shape, and Chambers still struggles or complains or what have you, then ok he needs to go. But, again let's wait and see.
:lol: Like I have a choice. Cam hasn't called me and asked what he should do. I keep hoping. Amazing the Wanny regime is still haunting this organization by signing Chambers to a huge contract their final year...:shakeno:...too much "dead money" to release him and no way would another team be foolish enough to trade for him.

:lol: Like I have a choice. Cam hasn't called me and asked what he should do. I keep hoping. Amazing the Wanny regime is still haunting this organization by signing Chambers to a huge contract their final year...:shakeno:...too much "dead money" to release him and no way would another team be foolish enough to trade for him.

Why would Cam call you at all, you would just tell him to rid of Chambers anyway it seems.I bet when Chambers lights it up in 2007, you guys will be on his jock.I can't wait to see Cams new offense.

Why would Cam call you at all, you would just tell him to rid of Chambers anyway it seems.I bet when Chambers lights it up in 2007, you guys will be on his jock.I can't wait to see Cams new offense.
Appears to me it is way too crowded in there already...NO thanks! Enjoy...

I have to say, if he doesnt produce this season I want him gone. I am done with the average reciever he is, let alone all of the fantasy leagues I have lost because of his lack of production. Every year there is an excuse for why this guy isnt a top reciever. If hes our top reciever he should put up the numbers that show that. Not have welker top him.

Back
Top Bottom