Chambers on Trade Block | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers on Trade Block

he wont be gone....yes he is very inconsistent in catching passes however as of now he still has too much potential that i feel other teams will overlook therefore he wont give us as good of trade value. im on the sign joe horn band wagon now, however i dont feel that we will let go of chambers

The scenario I can envision him being traded is if Cam evaluates him and he requires CC to assume the number 2 receiver role as someone else (a new addition to team) assumes the number 1 role due to better consistency and hands. CC comes back and say just can do it due to ego then that is when he will be gone as in mutually agreed upon trade. Above scenarion does not transpire then no I don't see him being traded.

Once again, I have came back to another one of these Chambers thread that have the same overall meaning: We hate Chambers, get rid of him.

FinAtic8480 said:
It is not only his drops. Chambers dissapears in games. He struggles to get open. When was the last time you saw a CB chasing CC. Im sorry but CC needs to go.

Yes... He struggles to get open sometimes. The last time I seen a CB chasing CC... was when Joey overthrew Chambers... Chambers was chasing that ball. That CB was chasing CC.

FinAtic8480 said:
You realize Chambers has had only one 1,000 yrd season in six years. Why dont we compare Chamber to Chad John son in six years. Remember Ocho Cinco has been playing with the Bengals and didnt have a QB till Palmer. CJ has had five 1,000 yrd seasons , CC has one 1,000 yrd season. We can compare him with Steve Smith who has had three 1,000 yrd seasons, and he is big time playmaker. My point is as much as I want to say lets keep Chambers, he is not a number 1 reciever. He is overpaid and is not a difference maker on Sundays. Why do you think teams only focus on our run.
There is the real CC and the one in Madden please dont confuse them......

Yes, let's compare to Chad Johnson, who IMO is a top 3 receiver. Then let's compare to Steve Smith (when healthy) is a top 5 receiver. You're comparing him to the league's best. Is Chambers the leagues best? No way... We might as well compare Harrington to Peyton Manning... both were top 3 picks. I mean hey, if we did that, we'd be seeing the "Why Joey is the worst QB in the NFL" threads and what not. By the way, quit bringing up the Madden thing. It's stupid and I've heard it too often. But since you won't listen to me about that, remember, CC isn't going to be putting up 2,000 yard seasons with 25 TDs like I do in Madden with CC. Sorry but just ain't happenin'. I mean hey, I can make Derek Hagan look like Tory Holt in that game.

Dol-Fan99 said:
Although CC makes some great catches, I really wouldn't miss him, I agree, if we can get some high picks for him, and maybe trade up for Quinn, we should be alright...

Great idea, we're gonna need a new #1 WR, because Booker and Welker aren't anything special (if you want them to be a #1 at least).. Then we'll need to improve our o-line. More holes with a rookie QB holding the reigns.

Ark139954 said:
i like cc but if we can get a first for him i'd do it. we aint gonna win until we have sumone who produces consistenly

We aren't going to win until we have a QB whose produces consistently... and an O-line that produces consistently. It's just not the WR's that make us lose.

DonShula84 said:
Chambers isnt an elite WR like Johnson or Smith but very few teams have an elite WR. Every team in the NFL has a #1 Wr on their depth chart, and only a handful have a WR of Johnson or Smiths caliber. People need to stop being dumb thinking #1 WR = Elite WR because they arent one and the same. Of course we'd all love a Chad Johnson on our team but is a lot easier said than done. If it were as easy as some of you make it seem every team would have an elite WR.

Bingo!

Chambers isn't going anywhere in 2007, get over it.

You realize Chambers has had only one 1,000 yrd season in six years. Why dont we compare Chamber to Chad John son in six years. Remember Ocho Cinco has been playing with the Bengals and didnt have a QB till Palmer. CJ has had five 1,000 yrd seasons , CC has one 1,000 yrd season. We can compare him with Steve Smith who has had three 1,000 yrd seasons, and he is big time playmaker. My point is as much as I want to say lets keep Chambers, he is not a number 1 reciever. He is overpaid and is not a difference maker on Sundays. Why do you think teams only focus on our run.
There is the real CC and the one in Madden please dont confuse them......
I would not mind seeing Chambers go. I think that now that Wes is staying, our slot receiver position has been filled. Booker can be our no. 2 receiver. We need a No. 1 receiver. Maybe Stallworth or Lelie.
If we get 2 draft picks for Chambers it would help in case we trade up for Quinn. Maybe a trade with the Chargers for Dielman. They might need help at receiver after today by releasing McCardell. Maybe the texans, who released Moulds yesterday.

Chambers isnt an elite WR like Johnson or Smith but very few teams have an elite WR. Every team in the NFL has a #1 Wr on their depth chart, and only a handful have a WR of Johnson or Smiths caliber. People need to stop being dumb thinking #1 WR = Elite WR because they arent one and the same. Of course we'd all love a Chad Johnson on our team but is a lot easier said than done. If it were as easy as some of you make it seem every team would have an elite WR

That is the problem you settle for mediocracy. You want your number 1 reciever to be a playmaker always. You dont want him to just be good. It is like saying, my QB is good. No, I want a franchise QB. You see alot of fans here have settled for MEiocracy because that is what we have been having for the last sic years a mediocre team. I dont want my number one reciever to drop balls, I dont want him to disappear in games, I dont want him to lack speed, I dont want him to make circus catches and miss the easy ones, I dont want him to just be good in the slot. I want an Elite reciever cause I just dont want a good reciever I want the best reciever for my team. That is a number one reciever. Chambers is good, but he is over prized and he is a number two reciever at best. After six years, I think its time he moves on. Im sick of hearing next year is his breakout year. This doesnt only go for Chambers it goes for Mcmichael as well.

He just needs a quaterback he has never had a good QB he needs if Daunte is healthy he will shut all of you up

He doesnt need a new QB, I havent been hearing that since Fiedler. He has had seven different QBs. He needs a new team.

I would not mind seeing Chambers go. I think that now that Wes is staying, our slot receiver position has been filled. Booker can be our no. 2 receiver. We need a No. 1 receiver. Maybe Stallworth or Lelie.
If we get 2 draft picks for Chambers it would help in case we trade up for Quinn. Maybe a trade with the Chargers for Dielman. They might need help at receiver after today by releasing McCardell. Maybe the texans, who released Moulds yesterday.
Wanting Chambers to go - Strike 1. Ok that's just your opinion :D
Stallworth or Lelie as our #1 - Strike 2. Are you serious? Neither is better than Chambers.
Trade with the Chargers for Dielman - Strike 3 and the most egregious too. Why should we give the Chargers a pick when Dielman is a free agent? Just out of good will? A gesture of appreciation? Nah, I think we should just keep that pick.

He just needs a quaterback he has never had a good QB he needs if Daunte is healthy he will shut all of you up

amen brother

chambers is a very good person unlike other receivers i know and his off the field charity should also count for something . plus he is the rock of the miami dolphins . why cant a man have a bad year without having excessive jiberish to trade or cut him . the entire oline has under achived and nobbody ever mentions cuting them.
you guys have my personal guarantee that chambers will be better next year plus even i can take the dolphins to the superbowl just get rid of mularkey. so i give you my word as a honest american and solid democrat that chambers can do better and be a good receiver.

As much as I love CC I have to admit that he does drop some passes but I say we give him another year without Joey and we will see how he does.

amen brother

chambers is a very good person unlike other receivers i know and his off the field charity should also count for something . plus he is the rock of the miami dolphins . why cant a man have a bad year without having excessive jiberish to trade or cut him . the entire oline has under achived and nobbody ever mentions cuting them.
you guys have my personal guarantee that chambers will be better next year plus even i can take the dolphins to the superbowl just get rid of mularkey. so i give you my word as a honest american and solid democrat that chambers can do better and be a good receiver.
Thats what I'm talking about!!

Once again, I have came back to another one of these Chambers thread that have the same overall meaning: We hate Chambers, get rid of him.

Yes... He struggles to get open sometimes. The last time I seen a CB chasing CC... was when Joey overthrew Chambers... Chambers was chasing that ball. That CB was chasing CC.

Yes, let's compare to Chad Johnson, who IMO is a top 3 receiver. Then let's compare to Steve Smith (when healthy) is a top 5 receiver. You're comparing him to the league's best. Is Chambers the leagues best? No way... We might as well compare Harrington to Peyton Manning... both were top 3 picks. I mean hey, if we did that, we'd be seeing the "Why Joey is the worst QB in the NFL" threads and what not. By the way, quit bringing up the Madden thing. It's stupid and I've heard it too often. But since you won't listen to me about that, remember, CC isn't going to be putting up 2,000 yard seasons with 25 TDs like I do in Madden with CC. Sorry but just ain't happenin'. I mean hey, I can make Derek Hagan look like Tory Holt in that game.

Great idea, we're gonna need a new #1 WR, because Booker and Welker aren't anything special (if you want them to be a #1 at least).. Then we'll need to improve our o-line. More holes with a rookie QB holding the reigns.

We aren't going to win until we have a QB whose produces consistently... and an O-line that produces consistently. It's just not the WR's that make us lose.

Bingo!

Chambers isn't going anywhere in 2007, get over it.

I agree he is staying put

That is the problem you settle for mediocracy. You want your number 1 reciever to be a playmaker always. You dont want him to just be good. It is like saying, my QB is good. No, I want a franchise QB. You see alot of fans here have settled for MEiocracy because that is what we have been having for the last sic years a mediocre team. I dont want my number one reciever to drop balls, I dont want him to disappear in games, I dont want him to lack speed, I dont want him to make circus catches and miss the easy ones, I dont want him to just be good in the slot. I want an Elite reciever cause I just dont want a good reciever I want the best reciever for my team. That is a number one reciever. Chambers is good, but he is over prized and he is a number two reciever at best. After six years, I think its time he moves on. Im sick of hearing next year is his breakout year. This doesnt only go for Chambers it goes for Mcmichael as well.

He doesnt need a new QB, I havent been hearing that since Fiedler. He has had seven different QBs. He needs a new team.

WOW!!! Seven different QBs and you don't see a problem with that? Maybe you are right about him needing a different team. One with more stability at QB, OL and OC.

Who do you suggest would take Chambers place if he was to go?

Back
Top Bottom