Chambers on Trade Block | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers on Trade Block

if Chambers leaves...id see the 49ers or Browns taking him. Teams that need receivers basically. if we decide to upgrade our O-line and QB (or if Culpeper performs well)....id like to keep Chambers and see if he does well this year. if he does, keep him. If not, boo. we shouldnt have ditched Derrius Thompson, he wasnt a playmaker but correct me if im wrong...in 2004-2005 season, wasnt it Derrius who caught the game winning TD to beat the Patriots??? and a very good catch at THAT.

if Chambers leaves...id see the 49ers or Browns taking him. Teams that need receivers basically. if we decide to upgrade our O-line and QB (or if Culpeper performs well)....id like to keep Chambers and see if he does well this year. if he does, keep him. If not, boo. we shouldnt have ditched Derrius Thompson, he wasnt a playmaker but correct me if im wrong...in 2004-2005 season, wasnt it Derrius who caught the game winning TD to beat the Patriots??? and a very good catch at THAT.

Derrius Thompson? Are you serious?? He only caught 23 passes that year and yes one of those was the game winning TD over Troy Brown on MNF.

There is a rumor flying around that Chambers is on the Trade Block. Personally I think it is about damn time. I know alot of you here like CC and yea sometimes he is incredible, but I have come to realize that he drops to many balls, and dissapears in games. The only place CC thrives is in the slot. We need a number 1 reciever and CC is not. Feel free to kill me for this post.....

http://www.mytvisonfire.com/packersnation/?cat=16
we lose chambers pick up horn. man life might just get back to normal

We can Draft a widereciever or pick on up during FA. A reciever who can get open and has speed. Shoot I think Stallworth wants a deal for less then what Chambers gets paid and he would like to play for Miami.

he wont be gone....yes he is very inconsistent in catching passes however as of now he still has too much potential that i feel other teams will overlook therefore he wont give us as good of trade value. im on the sign joe horn band wagon now, however i dont feel that we will let go of chambers
I wouldn't be too surprised if Horn landed back in New Orleans.

That is the problem you settle for mediocracy. You want your number 1 reciever to be a playmaker always. You dont want him to just be good. It is like saying, my QB is good. No, I want a franchise QB. You see alot of fans here have settled for MEiocracy because that is what we have been having for the last sic years a mediocre team. I dont want my number one reciever to drop balls, I dont want him to disappear in games, I dont want him to lack speed, I dont want him to make circus catches and miss the easy ones, I dont want him to just be good in the slot. I want an Elite reciever cause I just dont want a good reciever I want the best reciever for my team. That is a number one reciever. Chambers is good, but he is over prized and he is a number two reciever at best. After six years, I think its time he moves on. Im sick of hearing next year is his breakout year. This doesnt only go for Chambers it goes for Mcmichael as well.

He doesnt need a new QB, I havent been hearing that since Fiedler. He has had seven different QBs. He needs a new team.
:bye::mg::ban::censored:

we lose chambers pick up horn. man life might just get back to normal
BAN? .... Horn is 35 horn is worse than Chambers. Chris is a top WR, i mean he had JOey as his QB, give him a chance gezz. You guys are too hard on him. And the guy is a class act he helps out so many people. I live in WI i seend him play colledge he was the best WR..:cooldude: Give him a break.

This rumor is not flying around. Bluehaze just reposted this in another thread. No other online site is reporting this so I don't think it bears any truth.

What I don't understand by some posters here is how they can totally dismiss his previous 5 years when he was clearly the best receiver on the team.
Then one year under Mularkey, who wasn't exactly the best offensive coordinator around, Chambers had a terrible year and now he should be gotten rid of?

Chambers has had precisely one and a half good years. 2003 he was huge for the team (even though he missed 1,000, he made a lot of big catches in a stagnant offense), and 2005 he showed up midyear.

What about the other years? in 2001 he got downfield a lot but was a typical rookie other than that. 2002 he had a bad year (mostly because he was never the same after that injury). 2004 he didn't do real well but nobody did.

What's the hype?

BAN? .... Horn is 35 horn is worse than Chambers. Chris is a top WR, i mean he had JOey as his QB, give him a chance gezz. You guys are too hard on him. And the guy is a class act he helps out so many people. I live in WI i seend him play colledge he was the best WR..:cooldude: Give him a break.

Chris is not, and never will be a top receiver. He drops a lot of balls, doesn't get open enough, does not come back to the ball when it's underthrown to make a defensive play against the secondary.

I laughed last year when all the morons were saying it was because he was double teamed all the time. Nobody HAD to double team him.

Outside of Miami, and us homers, who really is talking about Chambers like he's worth a damn? Nobody.

I just hope we get rid of Chambers so I never have to see another Chambers thread. We should start giving these threads numbers to show us all how much we talk about the same damn thing all the time.

IF THE DEAL IS RIGHT... TAKE IT. If not, we hold on to him for another season.

Chambers has had precisely one and a half good years. 2003 he was huge for the team (even though he missed 1,000, he made a lot of big catches in a stagnant offense), and 2005 he showed up midyear.

What about the other years? in 2001 he got downfield a lot but was a typical rookie other than that. 2002 he had a bad year (mostly because he was never the same after that injury). 2004 he didn't do real well but nobody did.

What's the hype?

There's no hype just trying to understand the "Get Rid of Chambers" crowd.

Like you said, in 2001 he was a rookie and provided the deep threat the team had been missing since Fryar left.

2002 was Ricky Williams' 1853 yards rushing season and the team depended on him to carry the load while trying to minimize Fiedler's mistakes in the passing game.

In 2003 with teams focusing on Ricky, Chambers became that threat in the passing game again. Finishing just 37 yards short of 1,000 yards for the season and scoring 11 TDs

In 2004 Chambers actually had more catches this year, despite missing one game, than the year before and finished 102 yards short of 1,000 yards.

We all know what he did in 2005, which just happened to be a contract year, so there's no need to go into that again.

2006? There's really no excuse for his overall play, or lack thereof, but having Mularkey at OC didn't help.

Back
Top Bottom