Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds

baalworship said:
While I agree that Moulds may no longer be top 5, elite, he is still top 10-15 in this league and demands constant attention from other teams. The only CB that could handle Moulds one on one was Ty Law.

Chambers on the other hand is the most over-hyped player on your roster. You and anyone can rate him wherever you want but placing a WR that has NEVER cracked a measly 1000 yards ahead of a 3 time Pro-Bowler is a joke.

Dude, think for 2 seconds. These are FANTASY magazines. They try and PROJECT who will put up the better fantasy numbers for the following season. Now, while Moulds has been the better player over the past 4 years (Chambers has only been in the league 4 years) he has only eclipsed 5 Td's 1 time in his last 5 seasons.....Chambers has 7 or more in 3 of his 4 seasons. TD's is the main stat in any fantasy league.

The Bills are starting a rookie basically, and regardless of his talent, there will be growing pains. Moulds' numbers will suffer from that. Lee Evans is an emerging WR, he could also eat into Moulds' numbers.

Now, while our QB situation is still worse off than yours......it's no worse than what Cahmbers has produced with in any of his 4 years, and certainly better than it was last year. This also lends to the point that most Phin fans and a lot of experts see, but a Bills fan might miss, is that Chambers ability is far greater than is numbers have shown, due to Miami's previous deficiencies at QB and offensive scheme.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
JP Losman over both your QB's.
Losman has a huge advantage (as far as fantasy football goes) because he's the known starter.

Chambers over Moulds? I think that's because Evans is emerging into the #1 guy in Buffalo.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
This is a Great site for fantasy football. And YES, CHambers is rated higher than Moulds on this site. BUT, Evans is Rated 28 spots higher than the next Dolphin.

They also have JJ Arington rated over ROnnie Brown if you look at the RB's.

Zach Thomas over Spikes in the LB's.

JP Losman over both your QB's.
http://www.footballguys.com/viewrankings.php?viewpos=wr&howrecent=7

i do agree with some of that, not to be a homer but i think CC deserves to be ahead of them and zach deserves to be ahead of takeo no way JJ should be above ronnie and i cant believe booker or boston isnt ahead of evans, its a little lopsided but i guess its ok

popularwar said:
Losman has a huge advantage (as far as fantasy football goes) because he's the known starter.

Chambers over Moulds? I think that's because Evans is emerging into the #1 guy in Buffalo.

nice point popularwar and i think its pretty much true

Ide take Chambers over Moulds next season.

But, Ide take Evans over Chambers.

Atleast Barry Alvarez ( Wisonsins Coach) thinks Evans is the Better player.

Hands are even. Size, Not much Difference, CHambers has a slight edge. Speed, EVans is Faster, but CHambers is fast as well. ROute Running, Evans runs every single route the same speed, going in and out of his routes are lightning fast and equal speed. That is the hardest thing to learn as a WR.

chamber's under achiever

since entering the league, chris chambers has done nothing but OVERACHIEVE. he's made all the big catches, he runs crisp routes, and he plays bigger than his frame. with a more explosive offense this year, look for CC to make his first Pro Bowl.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Ide take Chambers over Moulds next season.

But, Ide take Evans over Chambers.

Atleast Barry Alvarez ( Wisonsins Coach) thinks Evans is the Better player.

Hands are even. Size, Not much Difference, CHambers has a slight edge. Speed, EVans is Faster, but CHambers is fast as well. ROute Running, Evans runs every single route the same speed, going in and out of his routes are lightning fast and equal speed. That is the hardest thing to learn as a WR.

I'm not gonna put too much stock into who their college coach thinks is better.....it's college. College is a different game.

Saban started LaBrandon Toefield over Domanik Davis (translation, thought he was a better COLLEGE player), would you take Toefield over Davis?

I agree with much of your assessment of Chambers vs Evans, except three things:

1)Although they may have similar height, Chambers has long arms that allow him to play a lot bigger than his height indicates. Advantage Chambers.

2)Jumping ability is also a huge plus for Chambers.

3)Strength, another spot where Chambers has the advantage.

I think that overall, they will eventually be pretty equal as far as how they are regarded around the league, maybe even as soon as this year. I just wanted to point out some other differences between the two.

burger13 said:
I'm not gonna put too much stock into who their college coach thinks is better.....it's college. College is a different game.

Saban started LaBrandon Toefield over Domanik Davis (translation, thought he was a better COLLEGE player), would you take Toefield over Davis?

I agree with much of your assessment of Chambers vs Evans, except three things:

1)Although they may have similar height, Chambers has long arms that allow him to play a lot bigger than his height indicates. Advantage Chambers.

2)Jumping ability is also a huge plus for Chambers.

3)Strength, another spot where Chambers has the advantage.

I think that overall, they will eventually be pretty equal as far as how they are regarded around the league, maybe even as soon as this year. I just wanted to point out some other differences between the two.

Chambers definatley plays Bigger than his 5'11 frame.

I was watching NFL network and they showed a WR's special and were talking about the big 6'3 and 6'4 WR's and they showed a clip of Chambers. I was like he is only 5'11.

CHambers is the better player right now, I was speaking more like down the road. I should have said that. Im going to get alot of crap for that post I think.

I like Chambers A LOT. I think he is one of the most talented WR's in the Game.

Now We All Know Its Fantasy Footbal We Are Talking About. Not That Cc Is Anywhere In The Same Class Of Rec As Moulds

buffaloruss said:
Now We All Know Its Fantasy Footbal We Are Talking About. Not That Cc Is Anywhere In The Same Class Of Rec As Moulds

I dont agree.

In terms of Production, not close. But, Today, I would trade Moulds for Chambers in a Heart beat.

I wouldnt trade Evans for CHambers though.

buffaloruss said:

Exactly.

Chambers has SPECIAL talents, while Moulds has nice talents, but better production based off of the system he's played in.

I'm glad someone finally sees the difference!! :D

....There are alot of things Chambers does better than Moulds and vice versa!! Moulds has always had a better Qb so its tough to gage whos better on stats alone...

....Lee Evans is the next big thing at WR..I was praying he'd fall to us last year and ofcourse he's drafted by the scum of the earth!! and its just in time because Moulds clock is ticking!! At this point I would take our WR core over Buffalo's

burger13 said:
Exactly.

Chambers has SPECIAL talents, while Moulds has nice talents, but better production based off of the system he's played in.

Now, dont get me wrong, Moulds hasnt played in great systems either. Bledsoe had a great half a year and no arm Grandpa Doug FLutie were his best QB's. Better than the FIns guys, but our Offenses havent been that great besides the Hot 8 game streak Bledsoe was on and Moulds Breakout year.

Moulds is 32 and CHambers is in his mid 20's. Thats why I would take CHambers over Moulds.

If they were both in their 20's, its a no brainer, you take Moulds.

burger13 said:
Exactly.

Heres my probalem with this...The only thing that Chambers has over Moulds is some speed.

They both have great hands, Moulds can beat the double team consistantly, Mouls is bigger and stronger.

I wouldn't trade Moulds for Chambers, only because to free up your speed guys, you need a dominant physical force that demands the double team, something that Moulds has been for 7 years

Losman7 said:
Heres my probalem with this...The only thing that Chambers has over Moulds is some speed.

They both have great hands, Moulds can beat the double team consistantly, Mouls is bigger and stronger.

I wouldn't trade Moulds for Chambers, only because to free up your speed guys, you need a dominant physical force that demands the double team, something that Moulds has been for 7 years

True. Moulds is top 5 when rating Physical WR's.

I just like the speed factor. Plus, Moulds doesnt have great Hands. He lets almost every ball hit his chest.

He has average to abover average hands. He runs very good routes and can out physical a CB deep.

I like those quick and fast WR's who can take it 60 yards any play. Thats just me. If they can get off the Line, Ide rather have the quicker and faster guy than the physical guy. Not many WR have TO's or Andre Johnson's physical gifts, and can do it all.

Back
Top Bottom