Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chambers Rated Higher than Moulds

Losman7 said:
Heres my probalem with this...The only thing that Chambers has over Moulds is some speed.

They both have great hands, Moulds can beat the double team consistantly, Mouls is bigger and stronger.

No way that you can say that Moulds is stronger. Moulds is 6'2" and 210 lbs. Chambers is 5'11' 210 lbs. Chambers carries the same bulk and is 3 inches shorter.......MORE MUSCLE!!

And as stated earlier, Chambers plays bigger than 5'11".

And they do both have great hands.....but in a different way. Moulds hands are great for their consistency, he catches every pass that he should, rarely any easy drops.

Chambers will sometimes drop any easy one here or there, but he will also catch balls that no WR has any business catching.

burger13 said:
No way that you can say that Moulds is stronger. Moulds is 6'2" and 210 lbs. Chambers is 5'11' 210 lbs. Chambers carries the same bulk and is 3 inches shorter.......MORE MUSCLE!!

Moulds is much stronger

burger13 said:
And they do both have great hands.....but in a different way. Moulds hands are great for their consistency, he catches every pass that he should, rarely any easy drops.

Boy, you definatley didnt watch Him this last year. He had a huge case of the drops.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Moulds is much stronger.

How can you say that.......if two people weigh the same and one packs it on a 5'11 frame and another on a 6'2 frame.

Find me a pick of Moulds where you can see some muscle and I'll find one of Chambers....it should be easy to see.

Now, I will agree that Mouds plays more physical than Chambers, but I can't agree that he's stronger

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Boy, you definatley didnt watch Him this last year. He had a huge case of the drops.

I'll have to take your word on that since you're the Bill's fan, but I can't ever remember watching Moulds drop balls.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
Moulds is much stronger

Really?? I thought consistency in making the routine catches was one of Moulds' defining characteristics!

It has been.

Alot of his drops were throws behind him coming over the middle.

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

The last is one of chambers :)

Besides, Moulds regularly used a stiff arm to bowl over Cb's on quick passes, his power is his game.

BillsChamps2oo5 said:
This is a Great site for fantasy football. And YES, CHambers is rated higher than Moulds on this site. BUT, Evans is Rated 28 spots higher than the next Dolphin.

They also have JJ Arington rated over ROnnie Brown if you look at the RB's.

Zach Thomas over Spikes in the LB's.

JP Losman over both your QB's.
http://www.footballguys.com/viewrankings.php?viewpos=wr&howrecent=7

Yeah and they also have Mare 12 spots below a kicker who has never kicked on Sunday. There goes some of their credibility. I mean I love Nugent being a Buckeye fan and all and the kid is money but let him make a last second 53 yard kick on a Sunday before we rank him above proven NFL kickers

Some of you need to remember this is a FANTASY ranking.

Chambers SHOULD be higher than Moulds..... Buffalo is starting a rookie QB this year, and with the emergence of McGahee and Lee Evans, that cuts down on the number of looks Moulds will get and then hence cut his numbers whereas Chambers gets a boost with a more vertical and downfield offense and a good running attack.

Therefore going into the season, Chambers should be favored to put up better numbers than Moulds based on his surroundings.

Also Ronnie shouldnt be ranked that high...... as of right now, he might be splitting time with Ricky Williams in a more vertical offense than we had in the past. Im not expecting great numbers from him because we should not depend on him to put up constant 100 yard games.

Losman should be ranked above Feeley/Frerotte.

We KNOW Losman is going to be your starter and play every game, however we dont know who ours is. We could have the same situation we did last year where they end up splitting time over the course of an entire season, thus both hurting each others fantasy numbers.

Philter25 said:
Some of you need to remember this is a FANTASY ranking.

Chambers SHOULD be higher than Moulds..... Buffalo is starting a rookie QB this year, and with the emergence of McGahee and Lee Evans, that cuts down on the number of looks Moulds will get and then hence cut his numbers whereas Chambers gets a boost with a more vertical and downfield offense and a good running attack.

Therefore going into the season, Chambers should be favored to put up better numbers than Moulds based on his surroundings.

Also Ronnie shouldnt be ranked that high...... as of right now, he might be splitting time with Ricky Williams in a more vertical offense than we had in the past. Im not expecting great numbers from him because we should not depend on him to put up constant 100 yard games.

Losman should be ranked above Feeley/Frerotte.

We KNOW Losman is going to be your starter and play every game, however we dont know who ours is. We could have the same situation we did last year where they end up splitting time over the course of an entire season, thus both hurting each others fantasy numbers.

Most fans live by fantasy rankings. When ever a person uses a stat to compare something, its a fantasy stat.

Marvin Harrison is better than Moulds. Right? Well according to his stats he is. Would other WR's put up 100 catches and 10 TD's a year with Manning? Most likely they would.

SO then that player would be the best WR.

To me, stats really dont mean anything, basically for the reasons I just mentioned.

Thats why I like Chambers over Moulds. I think CHambers brings more to the table. I also like Andre Johnson over every other WR besides Moss. I think AJ is a beast.

People always use stats as a guide, but those stats normally arent a fair view of a players abilities.

If the offense works out the way it's supposed to, then Chris Chambers will get much more touches. He doesn't need to play any better, he just needs better oppurtunities.
With that I see him catapulting into the clear-cut top 5 this year. Some of these younger guys look very promising.... but theres only a handful of guys I'd take over Chris right now, and you who they are. I honestly think people are gunna forget about guys like Chad Johnson and Lavern Coles etc. once Chambers, and all the new guys come around.

Most stats are misleading, thats why Chambers gets the respect he gets when hes not quite putting up the numbers.

The stats for WR that do matter are:
YPC
YAC
And the most important one of all... ( no one pays attention to it, but Chambers has been Top 5 since a rookie ) is CATCHES per TD. Chris has receptions like a #2 wideout and TDs like a #1.

AirChambers84 said:
If the offense works out the way it's supposed to, then Chris Chambers will get much more touches. He doesn't need to play any better, he just needs better oppurtunities.
With that I see him catapulting into the clear-cut top 5 this year. Some of these younger guys look very promising.... but theres only a handful of guys I'd take over Chris right now, and you who they are. I honestly think people are gunna forget about guys like Chad Johnson and Lavern Coles etc. once Chambers, and all the new guys come around.

I seriously question your evalutations when you mention chad johnson and lavernous coles in the same sentance.

There are plenty of WR ahead of chambers, and even though I'd put Moulds ahead too, I'll leave him off the list.

TO
Moss
Chad Johnson
Andre johnson
Marvin Harrison
Javon Walker
Reggie Wayne
Hines Ward
Tory Holt
Joe Horn

He can try and prove me wrong. Yes he is physically gifted. But you have to produce like a top 10 guy to be a top ten guy. Hype dosen't milk the bulldog.

ok take horn, walker, wayne, chad johnson off the list
Chambers hasn't worked with Brooks,Favre,Manning, Kitna/Palmer
Don't forget this kid has dealt with the some of the worst Qb play/passing offense since he started.
He can try and prove me wrong. Yes he is physically gifted. But you have to produce like a top 10 guy to be a top ten guy. Hype dosen't milk the bulldog.

we know that...... the whole point is Chambers can't produce like a top 10 when he isn't treated like one.... even when we went to him he was diving after bad throws, breaking stride to wait for bad throws, or trying to prevent picks.

AirChambers84 said:
ok take horn, walker, wayne, chad johnson off the list

What??

No way.

Chad Johnson could be the best in the game.

I'll take Wayne off, only because he benefits from Harrison.

There is no way that Chambers will ever be better than Chad Johnson.. look at what the man has done in the last 3 years playing for the bengals.

Joe horn has out performed Chambers every year since CC has been in the league.

Javon Walker was one of the most dominat WR's in the game last year

CC hasn't walked the walk, and until he does, he won't be elite. Sorry, just the facts. I dosen't matter if he hasn't be "used" correctly, thats nobodies fault but the Fins, and he signed a deal to stay.

Here:

Horn: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1511
Cj: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235222
Javon: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302233

baalworship said:
While I agree that Moulds may no longer be top 5, elite, he is still top 10-15 in this league and demands constant attention from other teams. The only CB that could handle Moulds one on one was Ty Law.

Chambers on the other hand is the most over-hyped player on your roster. You and anyone can rate him wherever you want but placing a WR that has NEVER cracked a measly 1000 yards ahead of a 3 time Pro-Bowler is a joke.
That's because our offense was more geared toward the running attack.....denial is an ugly thing

Chad Johnson has been the main target in the Bengals passing offense the past 3 years. the next best option was what? Warrick, T.J. Hosh. He's been with Kitna, who had a good year and an outstanding year, then with Palmer whos better then any Qb in Miami since Marino.

Back
Top Bottom