Charger fans are loving the Pouncey signing | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charger fans are loving the Pouncey signing

Had to chuckle at the "piss blood" talking point, been awhile. Deflection from truths like 2 or 4 guards have come and gone, some forced into retirement. Others taking their road show to other teams, only to see similar truths reinforced.

I don't look to these people for any type of moral compass, anymore than I would meeting any of you at a tail gate. He was a football player who has had no semblance of professional co worker help from the 2 most immediate to his success...guards. Nevermind everything else wrong with this franchise since the turn of the century.

Darren Coolidge, Jon Jerry, Jermon Bushrod.....Just to name a few.

Sounds like us with Lawerence Timmons last year. Really wish Pouncey the best, but we know he is on his last legs and I'm glad LA is paying him instead of us.

I think that a new direction for the dolphins was for the best. There are things about Pouncey that I believe were a detriment to the Dolphins overall. He is and was a Dolphin for life. That guy loved this team probably more than people on this forum that always bitch and whine they are giving up the team because they don't like the direction the team is heading that second.

A Few Quotes form Pouncey.

“There’s just so much stuff,” he said. “I look back at my career and I could have done so many things better. There’s stuff I put my family through. I’m just happy that it’s all over with now.”

Turning toward the Dolphins, he added, “They could have easily gave up on me a long time ago. They stuck with me. It’s something I will never forget.”

It would be tough to find a player more grateful to wear aqua and orange than Mike Pouncey. Even as he and the organization were finalizing their divorce, he was declaring himself “a Miami Dolphin for life.”

I really hope everything works out well for him in San Diego. Good Luck!

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...uncey-gave-miami-dolphins-all-he-had-to-give/

Played 16 games and had the worst year of his career. Way to many penalties, doesn't have the hips or drive he use to the penalties prove that. PFF rating was terrible.

It's name recognition only. If it was the Pouncey from a few years ago that would be one thing. But, I haven't seen a single Dolphins fan upset that he is gone. Pouncey isn't the same player he was and Kilgore is a decent pickup and likely a bit of a upgrade for Miami.

Enjoy Pouncey while you can Charger fans. He has bad hips and will be out for some games. I don't wish it, but age, football contact and multiple surgeries predict it.

Pouncey missed 19 games in 7 seasons. Tanneyhill missed 19 games (20 including the playoffs) in 6 seasons. How much did we pay tanny last year??
Guess who's overpaid ass wasn't in the game when Tannehill got hit illegally, causing his extended absence?

[QUOTE="Wrong quote referencing Scotty comment comparing Tanny and Pouncy[/QUOTE]

Seriously? There is a huge difference between chronic injuries letting your team down year after year after year and ripping the tendon in your leg that puts you out for a long period of time. Just to question this mans toughness while being the most sacked quarterback 3 consecutive years in a row and never missing a game during that stretch. Do you know how badly that man got beaten up game after game and got back up not to miss a start. You can question if he is a good player but To compare him to Pouncy is an insult to football in general. I honestly dont get pissed at comments but that made my blood boil. Rethink.

The irony is my 49er buddy could care less Kilgore left. Called him injury prone and a solid backup at best. Grass is always greener...

Back
Top Bottom