Charles Clay not a Starting TE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Charles Clay not a Starting TE

Assuming we have no upgrade available, we should keep Egnew, Sims, and Rodriguez. We have to go with potential and develop them as the season goes along.
Egnew has improved, and i was actually impressed with Rodriguez tonight on a couple of plays. Pretty weak resume, but what choices do we have?

Hands of Clay had his chances that's for sure!!:ponder:
Did not see EggNeW targeted..:woohoo:
Sims shows dim flashes..
When Keller went down On that same drive Gibson was Tanne's Next target.
Gibson seems to not drop 2 passes in a row at least..
Tyms making a case to stay..
Wallace seems to be playing the #1 part
Side note Carrol running into punt was just silly turnover!!:crazy:
Lamar Miller started off great with a dashing 20 yard run then tailed off you wonder if he can snag more passes??
The red zone offense had a hard time punching it in..Gray fumbles his chance to make the team..
I thought Devlin at least played better than Moore this preseason though that's not saying much..
Hard to judge because our second offense line maybe the biggest weakness on team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not really how but....da Phinz just need to find a decent TE...Clay just is NOT the answer :-(

dion sims.

its all there in his 6-5 260 lb. frame. This coaching staff doesnt want there rookie to grow up too fast....but sometimes you just have to let go.

---------- Post added at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 AM ----------

Assuming we have no upgrade available, we should keep Egnew, Sims, and Rodriguez. We have to go with potential and develop them as the season goes along.
Egnew has improved, and i was actually impressed with Rodriguez tonight on a couple of plays. Pretty weak resume, but what choices do we have?

u sayin cut clay?

imagine this thread - "Charles Clay not a Starting TE" - posted in the middle of may. it's not news then and it isn't news now. atleast not to the coaches and FO...they know what they have with clay thats why since drafting him theyve drafted 2 more TEs and signed another via FA . im not even sure where this whole "audition" thing came from, but i dont believe for a minute this staff ever thought charles clay was going to fill dk's role.

We are just gonna do ALOT of four WR setups and we will be just fine. HELLYEAH its gonna be a GREAT year!!!!!

It never ceases to amaze me that people really think that players without a team in late August could actually be better than those who've been to camp with the team. There is a reason those players are unsigned. If they were any good they would have played in a game this past weekend.

Clay IMO was always meant to be an H-back i.e. former Redskin Chris Cooley. I like having both Rodriguez & Clay on the 53 man squad

Egnew is more of TE you split out wide.... obviously.

Sims is the only true inline TE. I still would like to see what Kyle Miller can contribute.

The disappointment in Clay is he didn't seem to be naturally aware or competitive. Last night was our first real look at that, since he was targeted so many times.

He's dangerous in space upon creative designs so that naturally fed into hopes that his role could expand.

I suspect the coaches won't give up on him, not to the degree of this board. They are still finding out what he can do and what he can't do. If deep seam routes open up in practice they'll be tried in a game. We did target Clay downfield at the goal line. Cheap touchdowns tend to help.

Back
Top Bottom