Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chase is the Alpha WR in the draft

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
Nobody else attacks the ball like that and plays that physical while also possessing breakaway speed.

His highlights of winning contested catches like it's a given just amaze me.

Chase just seems more NFL-Ready because of this.
D Smith will find NFL secondaries not so easy to stroll through. His size might make getting off the line a bit tougher.

Seeing Chase in college is like watching LeBron's last year of high school. Him vs the competition.

I honestly wouldn't mind either but if you ask me, I go get Brandin Cooks at X and draft a Z WR.

Nobody else attacks the ball like that and plays that physical while also possessing breakaway speed.

His highlights of winning contested catches like it's a given just amaze me.

Chase just seems more NFL-Ready because of this.
D Smith will find NFL secondaries not so easy to stroll through. His size might make getting off the line a bit tougher.

Seeing Chase in college is like watching LeBron's last year of high school. Him vs the competition.

I don’t agree with your assessment. They’re both alphas. They’re just different types of alphas.

Chase is more of the high point the ball type receiver with more physicality to his game. He’s fast too, and can do more than just that but that’s the most notable difference between him and Smith.

Smith arguably is the more fluid and reliable route runner and pass catcher and a guy they can play anywhere on the field. He has more of a Marvin Harrison-Jerry Rice element to his game whereas Chase has more of an Anquan Bolden-Terrell Owens element to his.

Really just comes down to the type you prefer more. But they both have star potential.

Assuming MIA is keeping DeVante Parker, or even possibly adding someone like Allen Robinson — I believe Smith to be the better compliment to those players. Some of Chase’s strengths are what Parker does well. Smith brings more diversity to the table IMO. Different style.

And has been mentioned many times already, we already know Smith has chemistry and timing with Tua. Chase likely wouldn’t have any problems in that regard, but ya never know how that kinda thing will work out.

Last edited:
This looks to be a deep WR class fortunately for us and I keep debating just how much of a drop off there is from the top group to the next. I really like what Waddle brings but trading down and looking at some of these guys could be the best move.

Batemen looks like Chase but had Tanner Morgan throwing him the ball.

St Brown may be a stronger version of Smith.

Moore has had injury issues but is absolutely electric.

Toney might be a blend of all of them and his moves off the line and at the top of the stem are Iverson cross over type of ridiculous.

Then there is Collins out of Michigan who is huge and a ball of clay.

I love both of these receivers. Chase is just a bully and honestly with the injuries that our WR corps seem to always have and looking at Smiths pencil thin legs I am inclined to want Chase.

Some have said Chase a similar skill set to DVP? Smith more explosive off the snap and gets great separation. We need a WR like that IMO.
Only similar in his physicality and ability to high point the ball. Chase can also do things Parker cannot. He's quicker and faster.

Don't get me wrong at all, Chase is a better prospect than Parker ever was. Has much more in the toolbox. And arguably is just as good as Devonta Smith if not better.

I have them pretty even. I just like Smith's contrasting style and fit better next to Parker and Williams (if they both return) or Allen Robinson if he's acquired.

But if Chase is the name called on draft night when MIA is on the clock -- I'm not complaining. And will be fully on board. He's a flat out stud.

I love both of these receivers. Chase is just a bully and honestly with the injuries that our WR corps seem to always have and looking at Smiths pencil thin legs I am inclined to want Chase.

Imagine if they land Ja'Marr Chase and Javonte Williams. The offenses physicality factor will have increased by a factor of 10 (yes, hyperbole, I know) ;)

Back
Top Bottom