Chicken Littles | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken Littles

Originally posted by fin-atic
Sorry Doc but most of the things you listed have yet to happen.

1) Our front office is making offense a priority ...

We have yet to hear e any plan for signifigant offensive improvement. Just the signing fo a very risky Free Agent. Last year pre-draft they were saying the same things as this year, but when the dust settled nothing.

I don't think the front office is going to conference call us on their plans. However, their first move has been to address one of the offensive holes. Regardless of how you feel about Feeley, the acuisition of a QB at the start of free-agency provides incontrovertible evidence that offense is the priority. That's all I was saying.

2) Rick Spielman obviously has the final say in personnel decisions, not Dave Wannstedt (Exhibit A: Fiedler ridden out of town on a rail).

That hasn't proven anything yet.

I disagree. If Wannstedt was still calling the shots, would we have adopted a "get rid of JF at all costs" mentality? That would not be consistent with your previous criticisms of Wannstedt.

3) A first-round draft pick!

That is true. Can we use it wisely?[/B]

WE HAVE ONE. That ALONE is something to get excited about.

5) Acquisition of arguably the best available veteran QB. (We never received permission to deal with Brunell or Ramsey.)

Do you believe we were denied? Or did we really try? We don't know. Are we sure that Feeley is better than Garcia??

Washington says they're not trading Ramsey. That's pretty definitive.

As for Feeley being better than Garcia, I personally think Feeley is a better investment.

5a) The determination of the fornt office not to wait around on a need-filling player to drop in our laps, only to be left with the status quo.[/i

What is this based on? We haven't heard of them doing anything yet. Even the Feely thing was out ofleft field.

When they make some moves and show real change then I will jump on the bandwagon, but the Feely move just looks like same WanSpeil year five,

The Feeley move is PRECISELY what I'm basing this on. Rather than wait and say, "Player A might be available" or "We may not be outbid on Player B," and end up with NO upgrade, Spielman took action based (apparently) on some pretty exhaustive research.

So yes ... I have some reason to be excited.

I think it is hilarious that Fin-atic has appointed himself the "QB guru" when it was him that was begging to have Drew Brees, and/or Brian Griese as the QB for this team a year ago.

You think you have everything locked down there fin-atic, but your record aint exactly any better than the Phins.

Originally posted by Brad528

How can you put Wade Smith on a list with the rest of those guys.
How do you know he is a great deal in the 3rd i mean all the guy has done thus far is lose us a couple of games and play worst then any linemen in the league. You should never put him on a list with such great players when he is horrible. Maybe you will be right in the future and he will turn out good but as of right now he hasnt done anything to show me he is gonna pan out.

So Wade Smith is horrible?
You'll have to excuse me while I laugh out loud with hands on hips.:lol:

I don't get it. A starting quarterback is worth a 2nd round pick. I am sure the condition of the pick will go down if he isn't the starting quarterback.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I don't get it. A starting quarterback is worth a 2nd round pick. I am sure the condition of the pick will go down if he isn't the starting quarterback.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE CONDITIONS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hence this whole chicken little stuff.

yes, I am annoyed with the chicken little stuff. All we know it is a 6th round pick that could turn into a 2nd if many good things can happen. We don't even know if the condition is, "If Miami wins the superbowl, then the Eagles get a 2nd round pick".

That exactly my point. everyone upset and no one knows what the exact trade is, no one knows how good Feeley will be and no one knows what the Miami offseason targets are.

Weren't PAtriot Fans upset when Milloy was dumped? How that turn out?

Weren't Panther fans upset Delhomme was the QB their FO picked up? How that turn out?

Weren't Bronco Fans happy when they got Plummer? How that turn out?

It's the same ol story....."Waaaaa, the team didn't get who IIIII wanted and if they didn't get who IIIIIII want then they must be stupid because if they aren't stupid then that means IIIII am...Waaaaaaaa"

Originally posted by inFINSible
It's the same ol story....."Waaaaa, the team didn't get who IIIII wanted and if they didn't get who IIIIIII want then they must be stupid because if they aren't stupid then that means IIIII am...Waaaaaaaa"

Of course that's not it, as anyone with two brain cells to rub together knows. NO ONE here would be complaining about WanSpiel's personnel decisions if they had been WINNING PLAYOFF GAMES. The fact that they've managed to miss the playoffs the last two seasons is the reason their decisions are being criticized. Results are what count.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Results are what count.

EXACTLY!!!

...and do we have any yet for the upcoming season?

ummmm.... :huh: .... that would be a resounding NO.

perhaps your crystal ball is a more powerful than mine... but I don't see the results of the draft/free agency/season yet.... care to share this most revealing information?

Originally posted by WharfRat

EXACTLY!!!

...and do we have any yet for the upcoming season?

ummmm.... :huh: .... that would be a resounding NO.

perhaps your crystal ball is a more powerful than mine... but I don't see the results of the draft/free agency/season yet.... care to share this most revealing information?

Sure. See, there's this thing we call EXPERIENCE and this other thing we call HISTORY. When you look at the history of Wannstedt and Spielman through the filter of experience watching the Dolphins' players and watching the front office in motion, you too can make accurate predictions of what they will do.

Fin atic was that you on qam today on maddogs show? Saying he was 3rd string even when it was explained? You said that it was bogus that AJ was really second string that he was 3 rd string?

CLUE <admin edit> stop trying to maipulate facts to fit your argument. Koy was 2nd for one reason, he was teh holder. IF he was to remain the holder and be #3 qb, that would have meant taking a guy playing special teams or a direct backup and making them inactive, thus taking a roster spot. Since you can make AJ emergency qb if you need him he can play, because they can designate him emergency qb. Any other position, inactive and cannot play him no matter what. Therefore, they make Koy #2 so he can go on the field at any point and not cost the team McNabb. See if Koy was teh emergency qb and went on the field in teh 1st qtr, neither McNabb noir Feeley could play teh rest of the game. GET IT!

admin edit note: please refrain from name calling. Personal attacks will not be allowed. Attack the post, not the poster. Thanks - WharfRat

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Sure. See, there's this thing we call EXPERIENCE and this other thing we call HISTORY. When you look at the history of Wannstedt and Spielman through the filter of experience watching the Dolphins' players and watching the front office in motion, you too can make accurate predictions of what they will do.

Gotcha... so in other words... you're ASSUMING, and really have no concrete fact to back any of this up....right? ;)
Thanks for clarifying!

Originally posted by WharfRat

Gotcha... so in other words... you're ASSUMING, and really have no concrete fact to back any of this up....right? ;)
Thanks for clarifying!

Looks like you need more clarifying, because you are still not getting it. Good luck with that reading comprehension thing.

Back
Top Bottom