Chicken Littles | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chicken Littles

I would like to chime in if I may. We all need to be patient and wait this out. I have flown beneath the radar since the season ended. All this negativity and personal garb has resulted in the departure of some quality long time posters around here. This site has turned into an arguement zone. When I first came here a couple of years ago, it seemed for the most part that us finfans could agree to disagree and debate topics in an adult like manner. The attacks back then were to and from opposing teams fans. Look around guys, even they hardly show up here anymore. It's like they came and poored their nasty negative energy into this site, left, and now has the Dolphin faithful at eachothers throats over things we can't control.
Anyway, I hope not to offend anyone but, "Can't we all just get along" (RK PA).
I personally think we will do well in FA, the draft, and the '05 season.
And as far as AJ Feely, they know that this team needs change, and what was available and capable to play at the NFL level was AJ. There are still multiple possibilities to come. Stay tuned with moderatly positive anticipation, who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.

That's my 02 pennies. Thanks for listenin'.

Peace...

see therein lies the problem you say over the past three years we have made some questionable decisions. True, but they have also made some good moves or do you think Rickey was a bad move? It aint an exact science, you are gonna have some misses to go with the hits. The point is the optimism is that the first move we are making is a qb. Understandably there are some questions with him, but after looking at the process, he appears to be the best option available. Ramsey is not available, henson is a prospectr but 2 to 3 years away and wants a 10 to 15 year contract. Rivers nad or Losman are also projects. Overpaid for Feeley? Maybe, but by how much? A conditional second round? There have been other inquiries about him and generally that has been teh asking price, the jets balked because they were getting Pennington back. Also the report of Feeley being waived was true, but it wasnt this season it was the season he was drafted and it was for a day. There was little risk someone would claim him in a day as he had not played a down yet. You are right there are questions about this deal, but there are questions about every big trade. There were with Rickey as well, many thought we overpaid. Point is that at least Rick recognizes the mistakes Wanny made and knows where we need upgraded and is being aggressive in trying to do so. That is a good sign, not a guarentee, but a positive.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
see therein lies the problem you say over the past three years we have made some questionable decisions. True, but they have also made some good moves or do you think Rickey was a bad move?

They have made a couple good moves, and the good moves are so notable that I can recall almost every one.
Drafting Chambers and McMichaels. Trading for Ricky. Trading for Seau.
They've also made moves that a lot of people thought were good that turned out to be bad, like picking up Griese and Thompson.
It's acceptable to make moves that looked good to any common-sense view of the situation but that didn't work out. That happens with all teams, even the great ones.
What is NOT acceptable is to make gamble after gamble that MOST people in the business and around it call very risky that DON'T pan out. If your gambles keep losing, it's time to stop gambling.

Originally posted by Brad528

He made them cause he was the only rookie to start every game at LT not because he was good. They had no other choices. And he didnt start because he was good he started cause we had no choice.

I'm assuming you were on each of the committees that selected the all-rookie teams, what with your complete knowledge of the selection criteria. Wow! You get around!

Back
Top Bottom