Chiefs only team so far to offer Manning a contract | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs only team so far to offer Manning a contract

I wouldn't believe that for a second. Why would that be leaked by the Chiefs or Manning's side? Makes no sense! How could you not bring him in and check him out before offering up a contract. That smells to me like a media guy fishing for a story. If Ross wants him you bring him in for a visit and have him tour the facility and the coaches and make sure there is a comfort level on both sides. To offer a contract without bringing a player in is ridiculous even if it's Manning. I call major BS on that story!!

Whats that term? Crap of get off the pot? Isnt this the same approach that he had with Harbaugh?

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Wow, thats a stretch. That camp doesnt have to leak anything, offers are going to be coming to him anyways.

Umm no. Ross rushed over to San Fran without thinking and he found himself screwed.. I think he may have learned his lesson lol.. Diggin ur avatar pic btw:up:

For all we know the Dolphins and his agent may have already talked contract details, but the dolphins may want to medically evaluate him before inking it and the Chiefs know this and throw a contract ready to try and steal him away... I think that just because a complete contract has been presented doesn't mean a whole lot considering he knows that a lot of teams are interested in his services.

How would the Chiefs know?

Peyton will go where he wants to go. There is no amount of money, warm weather, condos, Arizona sand, stone crabs, ocean, Fitzgerald, sweet potato pie or corn bread that will persuade him to sign. Peyton has a ton of money. He wants another SB ring like his brother.

How would the Chiefs know?

You think that his agent wouldn't communicate that with the chiefs in order to drive the price up for Miami... I'm not saying it is what has happened but just anther speculation on what could be going on.

dont read too much into it. Look no further than the heat last summer. Most heat fans thought Wade was leaving.. Miami has an amazing team in PR.

Peyton will go where he wants to go. There is no amount of money, warm weather, condos, Arizona sand, stone crabs, ocean, Fitzgerald, sweet potato pie or corn bread that will persuade him to sign. Peyton has a ton of money. He wants another SB ring like his brother.

Real talk

I thought Mike Florio said Ross would be the only owner to offer Manning a contract sight unseen.

The chiefs have alot of cap room and are as about as talented as us overall so they could be a serious threat

Sorry to burst anyones bubble but how much faith can you have in Ross and Ireland?? When you look at both of them, they look and act clueless. Until they prove to us fans that they're not inept and can turn this team around then everything is just talk. We need action not just lip service.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble but how much faith can you have in Ross and Ireland?? When you look at both of them, they look and act clueless. Until they prove to us fans that they're not inept and can turn this team around then everything is just talk. We need action not just lip service.

IM getting to that point with Johnson and Tanny with the Jets, im ready for a change from top to bottom with them

This so called source is making a big deal out of nothing. It's a contract, those Word documents are saved on the team's computers. Change a couple numbers, clauses, incentives & wa la.

Back
Top Bottom