Chiefs only team so far to offer Manning a contract | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs only team so far to offer Manning a contract

Dont remind me, im not happy with him going to the Jets
You also have to count for the fact that Henne is notorious for sacking himself and so is Moore. It is downright pathetic sometimes. I agree there were multiple blown protections but there were almost a third of the sacks that should be blamed on the quarterbacks.

Must suck to be Matt Cassel that's for sure but Crennel wants his own blood there and he wants to be able to keep this job.

This reeks of a team that knows it has to do something to try and get out front. Think about it. Manning is in Miami, it was very quiet today much like during the coaching search and the Chiefs make an offer without their doctors looking at him or watching him throw. I wouldn't put much istock in this.

I wouldn't believe that for a second. Why would that be leaked by the Chiefs or Manning's side? Makes no sense! How could you not bring him in and check him out before offering up a contract. That smells to me like a media guy fishing for a story. If Ross wants him you bring him in for a visit and have him tour the facility and the coaches and make sure there is a comfort level on both sides. To offer a contract without bringing a player in is ridiculous even if it's Manning. I call major BS on that story!!

imo let Dan Marino show him around Dolphins stadium i think that would be the best and let Danny boy try and persuade / or sell Miami to Manning and maybe just maybe he will sign on the dotted line.

"Trusting in Ireland" Is where I start to lose confidence
And yet MIA is considered the 'best' landing spot for Manning. You Ireland haters need to get inline for some crow.

This reeks of a team that knows it has to do something to try and get out front. Think about it. Manning is in Miami, it was very quiet today much like during the coaching search and the Chiefs make an offer without their doctors looking at him or watching him throw. I wouldn't put much istock in this.

I am sure interested teams have done their own independent research regarding his neck already. There are no rules that forbid teams from even contacting Manning's doctor directly. Watching him throw now won’t be a huge selling point, being that he has 6 more months to recover.

lol this is retarded. Miami has a lot of ground to make up? I don't believe it for a second

lol this is retarded. Miami has a lot of ground to make up? I don't believe it for a second

I don't think any team has a lot of ground to make up. I also have not heard from anyone else that he was offered a contract from the Chiefs. This is not a race, Peyton will decide where he will go not the teams interested in him.

Being that the Chiefs could offer him $20-25 million per year today, and Miami could offer him a max of $8 million a year right now, I dont think its unreasonable to say we have a lot of ground to make up. We either need to start cutting people or restructuring players' contract now if we are going to sign Manning.

Being that the Chiefs could offer him $20-25 million per year today, and Miami could offer him a max of $8 million a year right now, I dont think its unreasonable to say we have a lot of ground to make up. We either need to start cutting people or restructuring players' contract now if we are going to sign Manning.

The Redskins may already be out of the race for Peyton Manning before it really begins.
According to Chris Russell, the Redskins beat reporter for ESPN 980 Washington, Manning isn't interested in coming to Washington.

Russell appeared on ESPN Sportcenter today and said, “A couple of different sources inside the organization have told me that Manning’s camp made it pretty clear to Redskins officials he doesn’t want to come here. There’s lots of reasons for that. His brother Eli, the colder weather, the whole situation down in Miami and so on and so forth. But unless that changes -- and I’m taking my sources at their word, I don’t think Manning’s coming here to D.C.”

Right now in KC its 36 degrees, just saying.

Back
Top Bottom