Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs Very Interested in Woodson Not Surtain!!

Justasportsfan said:
I agree, but if you can make a trade w/ a rival team that makes you better by getting something from them by trading your crappy player, then you'd go for it.

Bledsoe anyone!!! :cry:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

This has probably already been said, but KC can be interested al they want- the Raiders aren't going to trade him within the division. Personally- especially after getting Moss-if I'm Al Davis and I get a phone call from Carl Peterson about Woodson- I laugh and hang up the phone.

I haven't read all the replies, so if I'm repeating something someone else said, than sorry. But of course the Chiefs are going to say that they are more interested in Woodson. They know that Saban is dieing to get another first day pick, and by saying that they aren't that interested it makes Nick think again about the asking price for Pat. Smart move by KC, but Saban isn't that dumb.

I PERSONALLY WOULD LOVE WOODSON TO THE CHIEFS!

Keep PS out of the AFC West, unless of course he's wearing lightning Bolts! CW, is the most overrated player in the AFC WEST! Right next to P. Buchnanon! I love it!

KEEP PS OUT OF THE WEST!

Justasportsfan said:
I hope Surtain stays. That way ,Clements will have competition when he becomes a FA next year . Hopefully the demand for a cb will not be that high and it won't cost us much to keep him.

these teams that will be counting on woodson and law to stay on the field will be in the market for cb's again next year, unless they get tied down in multi-year deals. law and woodson would be great acquisitions... if this were madden and not real life. clements and surtain will get their paydays eventually...

Da 'Fins said:
You guys must have been out of football for a few years. This is not ROD Woodson. :roflmao:

It's CHARLES Woodson - who is YOUNGER than Surtain!
uhhhhh....oh yeah, I knew that.....pshaw ;)

Idiotic Chiefs.... The only way they can compete with Moss and the Raiders is by adding the best CB in the league. Surtain certainly fits this label. On one hand I would like to get a pick for him and watch him and see if he can shut down Moss. But on the other hand, I would rather have him help us and keep our secondary as one of the best, and then watch the Chiefs get lit up by Moss.:rolleyes:

Philter25 said:
Having Surtain around for only one more year would be the worst case scenario. Heck, I rather trade him for a 4th rounder.

We WONT RESIGN HIM! Meaning next year, he walks for FREE! We dont have the cap space to resign him and we are already very deep at the CB position and really dont need him. Plus we need the cap space this year.

Personally, I think if we dont trade him, we just flat out release him. Theres no point in keeping him around for only one year at his high salary if he isnt in future plans. He would just hinder the development of Poole or Howard.

For the future of this team, releasing Pat or trading him is the best move.

I think we found the Fins Fan that can pass a drug test!!!!!!!:D Pat is eating too much of your cap, and you're only trading 1 year of his contract...a 4th and 2006 3rd is more than adequate!!

LacesOut said:
I think we found the Fins Fan that can pass a drug test!!!!!!!:D Pat is eating too much of your cap, and you're only trading 1 year of his contract...a 4th and 2006 3rd is more than adequate!!

We aren't trading him for with a year on his contract. Pat will be getting a new contract with KC for however many years they decide to lock him up for. So the 1 yr. contract notion has nothing to do with it.

And we have enough cap room to sign our rookies and keep Pat. If we don't get a significant offer for him...he won't be moved. Saban is NOT Rick Speilman.

And we have until what...week 6 of next season to move him. That's when the trade deadline is right?

UCFinfan said:
Why would the Raiders help the Chiefs stop their offense?????!!!!???? Isn't that why they picked up Moss, to gain an offensive advantage???? I'd like to see that trade happen, then woodson pick off 5 passes against them and the chiefs win both games against the Raiders.

Kerry Collins is better at stopping their offense than the Chiefs will ever be, with or without Surtain!! How many INTs did he throw, Jake Plummer was right up there with him, maybe KC doesn't really need Surtain...??:wink:

kizzaboo said:
Idiotic Chiefs.... The only way they can compete with Moss and the Raiders is by adding the best CB in the league. Surtain certainly fits this label. On one hand I would like to get a pick for him and watch him and see if he can shut down Moss. But on the other hand, I would rather have him help us and keep our secondary as one of the best, and then watch the Chiefs get lit up by Moss.:rolleyes:

I think a lot of people will be surprised the production of Moss will go down tremendously next season. Just remember K.Collins is not Culpepper. On top of that, I personally beleive that O-line is way overrated, like R. Gallery.

WR was their best positions without Moss..they give away their best LB, have no D-Line, Woodson sucks (I'll take PAT ANYDAY OVER WOODSON), and as said, Collins is just a big bonehead as Jake Plummer (although Plummer is a little better).

FinzManiac said:
We aren't trading him for with a year on his contract. Pat will be getting a new contract with KC for however many years they decide to lock him up for. So the 1 yr. contract notion has nothing to do with it.

And we have enough cap room to sign our rookies and keep Pat. If we don't get a significant offer for him...he won't be moved. Saban is NOT Rick Speilman.

And we have until what...week 6 of next season to move him. That's when the trade deadline is right?

there is a rookie pool, but not trading Surtain hurts your chances of trading down. The pool for the #2 over all pick will not cover signing two first rounders

FinzManiac said:

You're right, that new contract is from KC, not Miami. You have his rights for 1 year, next year he is a FA. He was allowed to shop himself because Miami can't afford to keep him. KC is offering a 4th round pick that you can sign for as many years as you want to lock him up for that 1 year that you have exclusive rights to Pat Surtain. :rolleyes:

Al davis will never trade a good player to the chiefs. cmon now this is just a ploy to get us to lower our demand.

Amars said:
Al davis will never trade a good player to the chiefs. cmon now this is just a ploy to get us to lower our demand.
If it is a ploy... it's awefully transparent!

Back
Top Bottom