Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith

I think Miami makes a play for a F/A LB and OL. And uses the draft to select RB, TE and another WR to replace Landry. As well as a mid round OL?
We'll have to create some cap room in order to get two free agents that can come in and start

Ozzy rules!!

Even if we remain at status quo we're in great position to get someone of need. I just hope Tenenbaum and crew nail it on this one as it's really important.

Derwin measured out a little shorter than I hoped listed at 6 foot 3 came in 6 foot 1 and 3/4 that may help you see him at 11

Part of the vision I had for the player was revolving around that 6 foot 3 carry coverage. Of course he jumped out the gym and his rediculous length to offset.

Think he has a decent shot to see pick 11. But would be a better shot if 4 qbs went top 10 and Roquans medical didn’t effect his stock

It’s tougb figure out what the better value is to Miami lb at 11 or lb at 42 check that it’s tough to find a solid lb value at 42 if you wait. Maybe Vander Esch gets there I have a feeling Rashaan Evans jumps back in front of him on who gets drafted first now.

I’m deathly afraid miamis gonna end up with that Texas lb at 42 if we pass or miss at 11 on one. That looks to be his pick wheelhouse to me.

I think I’m in the minkah or Derwin at 11 or no safety in the first 2 days camp.

4.48 times keep derwin as a possibility but it’s gonna be tight.

I think Davenport showed enough to warrant top 10 consideration if he we hear his name that will help something come to us. Will a 43 team just focus on the 43 de size and frame and take a chance on the 2 point stance ideal fit player?

I buzzed through the dline group workouts interior I guess it was like a hot knife thru butter I don’t see miami making a play there with what’s in house

8 9 10 in front of us could easily pluck miamis cookies one by one

Last edited:
Dolphins Guards
Bushrod ranked #62G
Larson ranked #67G
Davis Ranked #63G

Patriots Guards
Mason Ranked #10G
Thuney Ranked #14G

Anyone else see the difference?

Anyone care to guess why our QBs dont have time to set up a play but tom brady can take a nap behind his line?

Nelson is a no brainer for this team.

OUR OLINE SUCKS. FIX IT. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO THE QB IS WHEN YOUR OLINE IS RANKED 30TH IN THE LEAGUE.
did you know that if you have a QB that 1) holds the ball way too long on nearly every possession , 2) cannot go through all of his progressions, it actually makes your O Line worse or appear weaker?
On the other hand, when you have a great QB who can make basically any throw and has good pocket awareness , it makes your O line look better. This isn't very complicated. Tannehill has been starting for 6 years now. With various combinations of O lineman. He has proven to be an average at best Qb.

did you know that if you have a QB that 1) holds the ball way too long on nearly every possession , 2) cannot go through all of his progressions, it actually makes your O Line worse or appear weaker?
On the other hand, when you have a great QB who can make basically any throw and has good pocket awareness , it makes your O line look better. This isn't very complicated. Tannehill has been starting for 6 years now. With various combinations of O lineman. He has proven to be an average at best Qb.
Aren't these numbers from when Cutler and Moore were playing?

Go look at where Tannehill ranks as far as holding on to the ball too long and watch your argument crash and burn...

Go look at where Tannehill ranks as far as holding on to the ball too long and watch your argument crash and burn...
huh? i dont need stats to know Tannehill has maybe the worst pocket awareness I've seen from a starting QB. To compensate for this shortcoming, he just throws to the first WR he sees. The arguments from Tannehill backers are getting weaker and weaker. Absolutely nothing against Tannehill he just isn't good.

huh? i dont need stats to know Tannehill has maybe the worst pocket awareness I've seen from a starting QB. To compensate for this shortcoming, he just throws to the first WR he sees. The arguments from Tannehill backers are getting weaker and weaker. Absolutely nothing against Tannehill he just isn't good.

That’s just flat out wrong. Absolutely nothing against you, but your just isn’t good.

He is not a 1 read guy, and if you’d actually watch em play it should be more apparent. Plenty to get on #17 about in the pocket, but being a 1 read guy isn’t one of em.

He goes through progressions quite well.

in other words, when facts dont back you up, you'll just make stuff up to rely on. There was a jets fan who used to do the same exact thing here all the time

That’s just flat out wrong. Absolutely nothing against you, but your just isn’t good.

He is not a 1 read guy, and if you’d actually watch em play it should be more apparent. Plenty to get on #17 about in the pocket, but being a 1 read guy isn’t one of em.

He goes through progressions quite well.
would bet my life that if there was a stat that recorded how many times a QB threw short of the sticks (checkdowns) on 3rd down, Tannehill would lead the league and it wouldnt be close. Have to strongly disagree with what you said. i can't see how you would say he goes through reads well. i dont think I've missed a game in his career. He is borderline brutal in his reads. His 'M.O" is to not turn the ball over, not to make plays" we have to come to grips with the fact that he is a game manager, who won't lose you a game but will certainly never win you one.

Nelson quote:

“I think I should be talked in that regard, the top-five conversation, because you have guys who are dominating the NFL right now in Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox that have just been working on interior guys. You need guys to stop them, and I think I’m one of those guys. You talk to quarterbacks, and they say if a defensive end gets on the edge, that’s fine. They can step up in the pocket and make a throw. A lot of quarterbacks, if given the opportunity, can do that. So that’s what I give is a pocket to step up in, and I think I also help the offense establish the run through my nastiness.”

I don't know much about the kid, but I love this quote.

Nelson quote:

“I think I should be talked in that regard, the top-five conversation, because you have guys who are dominating the NFL right now in Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox that have just been working on interior guys. You need guys to stop them, and I think I’m one of those guys. You talk to quarterbacks, and they say if a defensive end gets on the edge, that’s fine. They can step up in the pocket and make a throw. A lot of quarterbacks, if given the opportunity, can do that. So that’s what I give is a pocket to step up in, and I think I also help the offense establish the run through my nastiness.”

I don't know much about the kid, but I love this quote.

Thats a pretty good quote, I still cant justify an OG in the top 11 even if they are a day 1 pro bowler. Its still a minimal impact on the offense as a whole.

Aren't these numbers from when Cutler and Moore were playing?
yes, they were this year...I dont understand how people cant watch a game and look at other olines giving their qbs twice the time ours does. but hey, lets blame the qb. Tom brady gets 4 seconds, our qb gets 2 seconds, but its the qb...

The Ogletree trade signals the Giants are making a run at it.
Whereas I thought they were definitely going QB, maybe not the case.

The Ogletree trade signals the Giants are making a run at it.
Whereas I thought they were definitely going QB, maybe not the case.

it's either qb or saquon

I'm pretty confident minkahs fell out of the top 5 and possibly into our range

the guy that got the bump at the combine is Harold landry...might see himself a top 15 pick now...looks to be a 34 olb ideal fit though just like all these other guys not named chubb at the top of the edge class

edge wise chubb, davenport, landry top 3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom