Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith

Nelson. Need to use this draft to focus on OL. Then draft a qb next year or sign a winner.

I like Tannehill and think we can win with him, but he won't go out and win us games like elite qb's do.

I’m going to be highly upset if guard is the pick at #11. But I have a pretty strong feeling I won’t be upset

If we don't get the QB prospect we like in the first round, draft Quenton Nelson.

The guard spot is the biggest sore spot on this entire team by far, and it's not even close. We don't have a single NFL caliber starting guard on the roster. And don't have the cap flexibility or means to sign Norwell

The defense is held back by coaching. I don't see bottom 5 personnel on defense. If we don't have at least a middle of the pack defense next season, then Matt Burke needs to be fired. And Gase for that matter too, for hiring a neophyte in the first place.

Roquan Smith or Derwin James is not going to help the Dolphins defense go from bad to good. They're simply not.
The addition of Quinn, return on McMillan and drafting a R Smith or D James will certainly improve this defense.

If they are still on the board, I think that it might be between James and Edmunds (and I'm happy with either pick). Just have a hunch that Tremaine Edmunds is going to be a Dolphin. I know that lots of mock drafts have him going a little earlier to the 49ers or Raiders.

I just don't see Edmunds being there at 11 anymore after the combine he just had. James could be there too but is he really the safety that we need? If you're looking for a guy to match up one on one then he's your guy but he's not the center field type like Earl Thomas. If you draft him then you better have the right plan in place to get the most out of him. He has elite talent but it needs to be use the right way

Ozzy rules!!

My top 11-
4 QBs
Saquon
Chubb
Minkah
James
R Smith
Ward
Nelson
Let’s hope The Bears fall in love with Ridley? If they do and select him at #8, Miami may be in a seriously good position to choose what’s left of the group you’ve listed. But I’m not too excited because, I think Miami is on the outside looking in, all the players we hope Edmonds, Nelson, Smith and James will probably all be gone. And what’s left are the CB’s and the LB from Boise State; who would be a slight reach at #11? So I’m prepared to hear Guice’s name called when Miami’s on the clock, he’s rumored to be a favorite of Adam Gase and the team?

Let’s hope The Bears fall in love with Ridley? If they do and select him at #8, Miami may be in a seriously good position to choose what’s left of the group you’ve listed. But I’m not too excited because, I think Miami is on the outside looking in, all the players we hope Edmonds, Nelson, Smith and James will probably all be gone. And what’s left are the CB’s and the LB from Boise State; who would be a slight reach at #11? So I’m prepared to hear Guice’s name called when Miami’s on the clock, he’s rumored to be a favorite of a Gase and the team?
If they fall in love with Ridley then it'd mean they didn't trade for Landry

I am worry that the guys we need might all be gone at 11 and the value would be corner, DT and OT which I don't want us to take at that spot. Trading down could be possible but for that to happen a QB would most likely have to be there that a team behind us want like Arizona maybe

Ozzy rules!!

If they fall in love with Ridley then it'd mean they didn't trade for Landry

I am worry that the guys we need might all be gone at 11 and the value would be corner, DT and OT which I don't want us to take at that spot. Trading down could be possible but for that to happen a QB would most likely have to be there that a team behind us want like Arizona maybe

Ozzy rules!!
I hear ya!!! I wouldn’t mind Nelson, but any other OL, would disappoint me. I’ve read in both the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel, this 2018 draft is expected to be the opposite of 2017, when they selected all defense. Both papers are stating they think it’s going to be an offensive position draft. It kind of makes sense, considering all the rumors surrounding the team.

Knock on McMillian was he couldn’t shed blockers. Drafting Smith gives you another LBer with the same problem. Perhaps McMillian can play SAM, they put Kiko back at MIKE, and draft Smith to play WILL? Not what I think most were hoping for here.

If you get Edmunds in the first, instead of James, there are good FS’s that will be there later. Not sure a can say the same about the LBers. Still need to get a good TE in a weak class, OG, and RB (in a strong class thankfully).

We gave up our fourth to ditch the need to draft DE. Probably need to sign another FA. Would love to grab Tahir but proven/serviceable OG might make the most sense. That might be enough to get me on board with a QB at eleven! But we have five immediate big needs to fill and not enough picks. Drafting a QB and/or getting rid of our RT adds to those needs. Don’t forget we are very short on cap space to fill them with FA’s.

We need to be very smart and I can see picks that might be there and seem to check the boxes. For example say we extend our RT James and sign FA OG Mewhort. Both have been injured so shouldn’t break the bank. Then we draft LB Edmunds, TE Gesicki, FS Reid, RB Penny, QB Whiteside. Not saying those will be the guys but just a concept. That could do a lot to move the team forward. The following year maybe we can let Kiko, Shu, or Branch go and start to get things under control.

Just need to make most FA signings and player extensions something we can get out of after two years.

so which safety do you bench?

Ozzy rules!!

I don't, Slide James or McDonald over the TE. I like the thought of Miami's base package of having Jones, James and McDonald on the field.

I don't, Slide James or McDonald over the TE. I like the thought of Miami's base package of having Jones, James and McDonald on the field.
So you're playing with two LB's on base? Sounds good on passing downs but with two LB's they'd run it on us, specially since our DE's are not good at playing the run

Ozzy rules!!

I hear ya!!! I wouldn’t mind Nelson, but any other OL, would disappoint me. I’ve read in both the Miami Herald and Sun Sentinel, this 2018 draft is expected to be the opposite of 2017, when they selected all defense. Both papers are stating they think it’s going to be an offensive position draft. It kind of makes sense, considering all the rumors surrounding the team.
And it should be mostly offense but we need a LB and a FS. Other than that it should be offense as we need help at TE,OG and back up RB and QB

Ozzy rules!!

And it should be mostly offense but we need a LB and a FS. Other than that it should be offense as we need help at TE,OG and back up RB and QB

Ozzy rules!!
I think Miami makes a play for a F/A LB and OL. And uses the draft to select RB, TE and another WR to replace Landry. As well as a mid round OL?

Back
Top Bottom