Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith

I think Edmunds could be really good also.. would just love to see our defense with a player or two like that added..

Edmunds would be a good guy for the LB group, as well...especially if we're going to keep Alonso around. We can ditch Timmons, and if you had Edmunds/McMillan/Alonso, things suddenly don't look so terrible there, either.

Another guy who's potential I like, even if he played at VT.

Not sure we get 16 games out of Reshan & TJ. If James is there -- you won't regret taking him. - we will find him on the field 100% of time.
When is the last time we didn't have a starting safety miss at least half of the season? Four or five years ago?

Edmunds would be a good guy for the LB group, as well...especially if we're going to keep Alonso around. We can ditch Timmons, and if you had Edmunds/McMillan/Alonso, things suddenly don't look so terrible there, either.

Another guy who's potential I like, even if he played at VT.
He's not going to be there at 11 thought. He'd be the guy I draft there but pipe dream to think he'll be there after the combine he just had

Ozzy rules!!

Was hoping Fitz would run a 4.5, seriously doubt he makes it to us now. But I’d still be stoked with James

To me the key to whether or not James, Fitzpatrick or Edmonds falls to #11; is the Chicago Bears and what they do @ #8? If they select A WR, Miami has a real chance at one of James, Fitzpatrick or Edmonds dropping to #11.

But question is, if James is on the field for 3 downs and so are Jones and TJM then wouldn't that mean we'd have two LB's on the field at all time?

Ozzy rules!!

I can't find it right now but I read somewhere that Miami played something like 65% nickle. If you have two safeties that play in the box and cover TE's, I'd have no problem with that being the base.

I can't find it right now but I read somewhere that Miami played something like 65% nickle. If you have two safeties that play in the box and cover TE's, I'd have no problem with that being the base.
so which safety do you bench?

Ozzy rules!!

James is the most likely pick. Edmunds is mediocre in pass coverage and Nelson will be long gone by pick 11.
If James is gone they should consider trading back.

I won't believe we draft James until it actually happens....we haven't drafted a guy from fsu in forever, we seem to avoid drafting from there for some dumb reason.

Back
Top Bottom