Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Choosing From Nelson, James, R. Smith

Will be interesting bc 4 QBs will still go top 10 either via trade up or to NY teams.

It's possible Nelson- Davenport - Edmunds- Landry- Ward - Nelson go ahead of us.
So we are picking from Derwin & Minkah
Never know

Nelson quote:

“I think I should be talked in that regard, the top-five conversation, because you have guys who are dominating the NFL right now in Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, Fletcher Cox that have just been working on interior guys. You need guys to stop them, and I think I’m one of those guys. You talk to quarterbacks, and they say if a defensive end gets on the edge, that’s fine. They can step up in the pocket and make a throw. A lot of quarterbacks, if given the opportunity, can do that. So that’s what I give is a pocket to step up in, and I think I also help the offense establish the run through my nastiness.”

I don't know much about the kid, but I love this quote.

This is the instance where I have zero problems going corn in the first round. I think this dude is going to be Alan Faneca type good.

Last edited:
Will be interesting bc 4 QBs will still go top 10 either via trade up or to NY teams.

It's possible Nelson- Davenport - Edmunds- Landry- Ward - Nelson go ahead of us.
So we are picking from Derwin & Minkah
Never know

If Minkah is there, I'd have to take him, he's a ballhawk and can play CB, Slot, FS..Just a beast of a player.

I think you might see derwin go in front of minkah now

I got to look at minkah more now if he's a nickel corner than top 10 grade isn't gonna work for me

I need to look at ward more too see if I see boundary or nickel only there

daron payne may have shot himself into the top 15...he was terrific in drills and ran very well

I think you might see derwin go in front of minkah now

I got to look at minkah more now if he's a nickel corner than top 10 grade isn't gonna work for me

I need to look at ward more too see if I see boundary or nickel only there

daron payne may have shot himself into the top 15...he was terrific in drills and ran very well

Payne has been excellent in 2018. From the CFP to everything pre draft so far. The guy refuses to get pushed back.

Minkah would be a steal at #11 and a perfect fit.
How many times have we heard that TJ is better in the box and Reshad is best when free and around the ball?
Well here comes Minkah, a kid can play some single high FS and the most disciplined player in the draft. He becomes your secondary captain. Reshad less thinking and more balling is a another plus.
Play all 3 with Raekwon / add a vet LB and let's roll.

Each day it seems to be getting harder to pinpoint who the best possible player to us would be at 11. Really, there are questions about all the guys that might be there at 11. The main question will be, is the player a great fit for us? Will he start and be a 3 down player for us right from the get go? I'm sick of projects and question marks with our first round picks. It'd be nice if they hit a homerun for once.

Ozzy rules!!

I would take Minkah in a heartbeat and put him at FS full time. I don't think he drops at all. I've heard some question his hips but I didn't see that at the combine. His back pedal turn was pretty impressive to me compared to some of the others. He's versatile enough to move around if someone gets injured but we would have to trade one of our safeties. Kam Chancellor may not return (neck) so Seattle may be in the market for a top notch SS.

Minkah, Quinn, McMillan....this may look like a very different defense. Especially with the new D-line & DB coach.

Back
Top Bottom