Chop | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Massive reach. Awful pick.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

excellent post imo, just unleash this ****er and let him hunt, who cares if he doesn’t have 50 pass rush moves..

His force is undeniable.

Teach him a spin move and it’s over..

Here the thing..I don’t want him learning too much lol he’s a freakin force of chaotic nature ..
Shouldn't need to teach a 1st rounder anything, much less an edge "how to spin". The criticisms are deserved and the selection is questionable. But to your point, yes, he is speed incarnate and at his position that is gold, but you have got GOT to put that stuff together at this point. Don't get it @21.

Chop was my number 2 edge in the draft behind only Latu.

Would I have gone Edge? probably not, but it is worth saying this. The drop off from Chop,Latu, Turner, and Verse to the next edge is A LOT bigger than the drop off from Barton to the IOL that will be available when we pick tomorrow

Shouldn't need to teach a 1st rounder anything, much less an edge "how to spin". The criticisms are deserved and the selection is questionable. But to your point, yes, he is speed incarnate and at his position that is gold, but you have got GOT to put that stuff together at this point. Don't get it @21.

Blah, blah, blah. - LOL

Man I’m going to support Chop to the fullest. We’ve got a young 21 year old edge rusher with massive potential. He’s likely going to start week 1 and will be a key rotational piece even when Chubb and Phillips are 100%. Can develop into a foundational piece moving forward and replace Chubb down the line.

Was not my preference either but I like the player and love the potential.

Guy is going to be very good. I’m excited for the pick. Huge upside and even his worst case is a scary-athletic sub package rusher. Guy will be a much better pro than college player, which isn’t that rare.
Agreed. Everyone comparing the pick to Harris needs to remember that Harris didn’t have insane athleticism like this. Chop’s quickness off the edge makes him valuable in pass rushing situations while he rounds out his game.

I don’t agree at 21, the upside of this player is best in class.

Some folks want refinement, that is not his game, he is a pocket disrupter, funneling sacks to others because qbs see and feel him coming is what he does, forced incompletions, I bet he led the ncaa..forced ints..

I just think he’s a very unique football player, the energy and how hard he plays is unequaled

I don’t agree at 21, the upside of this player is best in class.

Some folks want refinement, that is not his game, he is a pocket disrupter, funneling sacks to others because qbs see and feel him coming is what he does, forced incompletions, I bet he led the ncaa..forced ints..

I just think he’s a very unique football player, the energy and how hard he plays is unequaled
My questions why there, why our 1st? We have pocket disrupters with Phillips. Sure, Chubb needs a replacement in 2 years, not now. Making the argument about injury, sure, not in the 1st. We have a year on that. CB and OL need replacements NOW and in the future. His skill set just doesn't make sense to me and also, for all the drama of this being Mike McDaniel's first time being able to pick we go Defense?

Okay, splat.

Just throwing out my disappointment in the pick at position, not necessarily the player. Chop is good, and I'm not upset about HIM. I'm upset we went with that position because it was BPA.

As much as I’d love an OG in round 2, we could be adding more front 7 help.

With all those DTs out there, might make sense to flood the DL with talent.

Also I saw people say this is Charles Harris 2.0. Harris is not even half the athlete Chop is so that's a very poor comparison.

Will also continue to say this, I'm fine with people not liking a pick, we are all allowed to have different opinions, but people are making it very clear who has and hasn't actually seen Chop play.

I will say this again and have said all night on different avenues, Chop Robinson was the best DE in the big 10 before getting hurt against Ohio State. When he came back against Michigan, he single handedly changed the Michigan game plan because Karsen Barnhart (an All Big 10 RT) couldn't block him

I have been a Dolphins fan long enough to know we always find the busts though, lol. I genuinely can’t think of a player we have won that gamble on in 20+ years (with a day 1 pick).
it’s impossible this dude busts, he oozes football talent, combined with explosive measurables and great work ethic, from what is being reported

His plan to disrupt is very different and unique, the lore you watch the kite you start to see how different

Back
Top Bottom