Chop | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

It’s not an outlier. Leonard Floyd had 4.5 sacks the season before he came out. Nick Bosa never had more than 8.5 sacks in a season in college. Through his first three college seasons (Chop has only played three), Aidan Hutchinson had 4.5 sacks. He didn’t blow up until his senior year. TJ Watt had exactly zero sacks in his first three college seasons—again, didn’t blow up until senior year (which Chop skipped). Justin Madubuike had 5.5 sacks the year he came out. Kayvon Thibodeaux had 3 sacks and 7 sacks his last two years of college. Micah Parsons is the best edge in the NFL and didn’t even play edge in college. He was an ILB who had 6.5 career sacks in college.

Elite sack production in college means virtually nothing for NFL success. Especially for a player coming out as a true junior.
Agree, necessary pick and we can get a vg player tonight. Although we'll probably pick a project...We can fix the heartache easily, we'll see

Protecting their franchise QB is far more important than drafting a backup OLB. Hated the pick last night and still hating it this morning.

The BIGGEST need was on the offensive line and drafting Robinson doesn’t help that more pressing need.

It’s not an outlier. Leonard Floyd had 4.5 sacks the season before he came out. Nick Bosa never had more than 8.5 sacks in a season in college. Through his first three college seasons (Chop has only played three), Aidan Hutchinson had 4.5 sacks. He didn’t blow up until his senior year. TJ Watt had exactly zero sacks in his first three college seasons—again, didn’t blow up until senior year (which Chop skipped). Justin Madubuike had 5.5 sacks the year he came out. Kayvon Thibodeaux had 3 sacks and 7 sacks his last two years of college. Micah Parsons is the best edge in the NFL and didn’t even play edge in college. He was an ILB who had 6.5 career sacks in college.

Elite sack production in college means virtually nothing for NFL success. Especially for a player coming out as a true junior.
Nonesense.

College seasons are only 11 games ish.

8 sacks is a big number.

Stop defending a reach bro.

EDIT: where is the "Didnt blow up UNTIL..." for your boy Chop?

Agree, necessary pick and we can get a vg player tonight. Although we'll probably pick a project...We can fix the heartache easily, we'll see
This board is going to have a meltdown when we pick a safety.

I’ve been beating the drum all offseason, but it’s obvious the front office just doesn’t see the OL the way the fanbase does. They don’t think it’s a major need. I’m sure OL is still on the board if the right guy falls, but nothing about our approach suggests we think we need an early-round OL.

I'll say that I was relieved Latu and Verse were off the board, and Robinson checks more boxes for me as a prospect than those guys. I harped on the age, athletic limitations, and the overall lack of potential in Latu and Verse. I don't ever see them being top-tier players, and Robinson has that within his potential outcomes.
This is a fair take and I very much appreciate your opinion but don't you think strategically this was a very poor decision. We have a very limited window here with Tyreek probably gone in two years. I would've much rather taken a more refined player than another high risk high reward project that will probably take 3 years to hit if he does. This isn't a rebuild we need to try and win now.

Nonesense.

8 sacks is a big number.

While you're entitled to your opinion, he doesn't have to defend the pick. It isn't a reach just because some people say it is.

Protecting their franchise QB is far more important than drafting a backup OLB. Hated the pick last night and still hating it this morning.

The BIGGEST need was on the offensive line and drafting Robinson doesn’t help that more pressing need.
Dont disagree with ya, but I would have been ok with a different defender.

Q Mitchell was SITTING there, we reached for a project edge rusher again.

I thought Barton should have been the pick since he was still there. We've had less-than-stellar play at the center position for years.
Just last year we had Connor Williams who rated as a top 5 center. Shame he was injured but now Brewer a young scheme fit center just inked up for 3 years.

If Chop works out he fills a $25-30mm per year role whereas you could pay less than that for the entirety of a serviceable-to-decent IOL. I may have preferred one of the CBs or a trade down but investment in pass rush offers the most immediate impact for this team.

All I know is Penn State had a good D this year (like many) and Michigan truly got scared to pass in that late season game (I haven't missed a Michigan game in decades). Really didn't watch him solo, so know little. USA Today did say we would pick him in that spot. For what it is worth.

I'm truly indifferent. I know we will be missing edge (especially start of season), and I also know OL endlessly has issues. And utter unknown at CB. And WR depth. Every team has issues. I'm hopeful like most years. Bring on training camp!

Nonesense.

8 sacks is a big number.

EDIT: where is the "Didnt blow up UNTIL..." for your boy Chop?
It’s not a reach. Every single analyst had him as a first round pick. NFL.com had him rated the #10 prospect in the draft. Most had him in the 20s. We picked #21.

Chop is going to blow up in the NFL. At which point you will pretend you never hated the pick. Which is fine. But I’m trying to help you skip to the finish line where you get to be happy.

Project player that can’t defend the run. Seems soft. We continue to ignore the line. Maybe I’m wrong

This is actually the only comment I have an issue with.

You can say what you want about his moves, edge setting, etc. I disagree, but respect the opinions.

Chop Robinson is not soft. The guy's motor is non-stop.

This board is going to have a meltdown when we pick a safety.

I’ve been beating the drum all offseason, but it’s obvious the front office just doesn’t see the OL the way the fanbase does. They don’t think it’s a major need. I’m sure OL is still on the board if the right guy falls, but nothing about our approach suggests we think we need an early-round OL.
They don't need a lineman. Were already locked up at LT, C, RT and they are content with the guards they have on the roster. This offense is designed to mask any of those flaws anyways, as we just witnesses last season when we played most of it with an injured and patch worked OL.

Its like people forget that Chubb and Phillips are injured and aren't going to be there at the start of the year. Chop isnt a reach, most places had him in the first round and at pick 21 I am perfectly fine taking him there.

It’s not a reach. Every single analyst had him as a first round pick. NFL.com had him rated the #10 prospect in the draft. Most had him in the 20s. We picked #21.

Chop is going to blow up in the NFL. At which point you will pretend you never hated the pick. Which is fine. But I’m trying to help you skip to the finish line where you get to be happy.
Ive said my peace.

Done ranting about it.

Time will tell.

Ya'll feel free to bookmark this thread and call me out if Im wrong, ill gladly eat crow.

Back
Top Bottom