Chop | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Grier made this comparison last night to Danielle Hunter only having 4 sacks in college then said “but I don’t wanna pressure him that he has to become Danielle Hunter” lol kinda seems like a weird comparison being that Hunter was a 3rd rd pick
Hunter was and is a great player, I hope chop becomes hunter

Ive seen lots of people question Chop's value, even in our own draft forum, and all they do is cite lack of sacks and tackles as proof that he is unproductive. For those people (who clearly didnt actually watch his games), here are some real production stats:
  • Ranked sixth in pass rush win rate (20.8 percent) in 2023
  • Top of class in quick pressure rate (13 percent) in 2023
  • Second in time-to-pressure (2.28 seconds) in 2023
  • Third in overall pressure rate (18.7 percent) in 2023
  • 40 QB pressures and 28 QB hurries in 2023
  • 7.5 TFL's in 2023
Also, anyone remember how many sacks Micah Parson has in his last year at Penn State? <-----5.0 Sacks!

I can't hate adding guys with rare and valuable skillsets. Philosophically, I believe in investing in OL, BUT coach McDaniel obv sees it differently. Kinda scary tbh, but if you’re going to go Edge Round 1, and it's obviously a sound move from a financial perspective, pick guys who have athletic trump cards. Robinson moves like a dream.
moves like a hi speed train, destroys a lot in his path

I have been skeptical of Robinson for the entire Draft process but i can see why Miami liked him.

His physical tools are off the scale so they just need to coach him up.

Give this kid a few pass rush moves to go with his athletic ability and he could blow up.

I am going to assume that he was just too high on their board to pass on and I am always going to defend trusting your board and investing in premium positions early.

The only issue is that the team seems to be in a winning window and a shorter term move might have been the better play.

While it has been pointed out that Miami needs pass rush due to the injuries to Chubb and Phillips, Robinson is very unlikely to be ready to contribute early in his career.

He might well be the best pass rusher in this class eventually but I can't see him being more than a 3rd down DPR as a rookie.

I’ve see bulk rushes, rip and dip, push pull, pure speed rush.

He needs a spin move because of how fast he explodes and how tackles react to the outside move with over zealousness, and using his hands a bit more.

But don’t get it twisted in the run game he uses his hands very well and holds good containment and a strong edge.

He’s just so explosive and direct that he doesn’t have time to execute techniques sometimes lol but he’ll learn some nuance.

Last edited:
He wasn't the 21st pick for nothing . Obviously some people with knowledge put him there

SPOILER: In the 2nd half Michigan just stopped trying to throw all together bc they couldn't block.
Bro are you serious?

They didn’t throw bc THEY DIDNT HAVE TO THROW.

Theirs more to playing EDGE than just rushing the passer. You have to be able to set the EDGE against the run.

Why throw when you don’t have to risk it?

Cam Wake was same height and just 9lbs heavier that Robinson...... how did that work out? Not seeing your point. You can't stereotype players at positions.
And you can’t assume every player that’s the same type is going to be an all pro caliber player.

Also if I remember correctly… it took Cam Wake how long outside the NFL before he got to Miami?

The point is it took time for him to develop which he did. But for every Cam Wake they’re another 1000 that you never heard of.

We need help NOW. We’re built to challenge NOW. We need players ready to play NOW. Players that can/will help NOW.

How did guys like Freeney and Dumervil ever make it? Even Von Miller was the same height as Chop.
Bro again… for every Freeney/Dumervil… they’re another 1000 you’ve never heard of.

You can’t assume this dude is going to turn into an all pro caliber player like the guys you named.

Back
Top Bottom