Chop | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

Show me a first round mock draft without him pre February 27. I just looked out of curiosity and the latest I saw him going was the Bills pick in RD 1. And maybe they would have taken him if he was there.
Show me a mock draft where 6 QBs went top 12 plus 7 WRs and 8 OL were drafted in the 1st. The reality is teams valued the offensive players over the defensive players in round 1 yesterday. And that hype around the offensive guys had been growing the past few weeks. I firmly believe Robinson could have slid to round 2, along with Newton, simply because teams were all over the best OL/WR prospects.

I want Robinson to succeed in Miami. But he was the clear 4th EDGE player. His game is a level behind Turner, Latu and Verse and he will need time to develop.

Speed kills. Doesn’t matter if the other DEs are more well rounded. The NFL is all about getting off the field on 3rd down, Chop has a good chance to be the best in that role in this entire class. Fantastic pick and much needed. If Chubb takes his helmet off again he can keep it off. Slow motherf*****, physically and mentally. Good thing he’s big and strong, because I bet Chop is already better than him off the edge before he plays a down. Ginkel was better than Chubb off the edge and he barely made 20M, that’s how slow Chubb is but at least he’s “well rounded”.

Last edited:
Speed kills. Doesn’t matter if the other DEs are more well rounded. The NFL is all about getting off the field on 3rd down, Chop has a good chance to be the best in that role in this entire class. Fantastic pick and much needed. If Chubb takes his helmet off again he can keep it off. Slow motherf*****, physically and mentally. Good thing he’s big and strong, because I bet Chop is already better than him off the edge…
:lol:

Every time he gets a sack we can do the tomahawk chop ? Or is it racist

Ourlads ranked him the 3rd Edge rusher. They ranked the top 4, Verse, Turner, Chop, Latu.

9.50 Robinson, Chop | Penn State | Germantown, MD | Proj Rd: 1 Height: 6027 | Weight: 254 | 40: 4.48 | Arm: 3212 | Hand: 0918 | Wingspan: 7614 Junior entry, two year starter. Transferred from Maryland after his freshman year in 2021. All Big-10 honorable mention in 2022 and first-team All-Big 10 last season. Has the frame desired for an NFL edge defender. Played from a two and three-point stance in a wide nine and five alignment. Displays extreme first-step quickness and is explosive, penetrating a gap. Relentless in pursuit, he shows outstanding second effort if blocked and has a closing burst once free. Playing the run he’s adept at sifting inside gaps and can be physical tackling. Sets the edge with strong hands and moves well laterally chasing down perimeter runs or flattening in the backfield after hitting a gap. Has been used at times to drop in coverage and is a solid flat defender. As a pass rusher, the quick first step creates problems for a tackle setting in pass protection. Shows a quick dip and rip versus a tackle and can bend and squeeze to the quarterback with a precise path. Remarkable speed to turn the corner. On an inside move, he can beat a lineman off the ball penetrating a gap. Adept at inside stunts. While strong his block protection technique is inconsistent and he doesn’t always get separation from a powerful blocker on run plays. Offensive tackles can get away with oversetting and riding him out as he lacks a consistent countermove. Tends to just go without a plan other than beat a blocker with quickness and speed and then chase. In his zeal, he will overrun a play at times. His production doesn’t always match his traits. Has a high ceiling but will need technique development at the next level. An ascending player with the upside of an elite edge defender. 2023 Stats: 15 T, 7.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 PBU, 5 QBH, 2 FF. OSR:2/41

Ourlads ranked him the 3rd Edge rusher. They ranked the top 4, Verse, Turner, Chop, Latu.

9.50 Robinson, Chop | Penn State | Germantown, MD | Proj Rd: 1 Height: 6027 | Weight: 254 | 40: 4.48 | Arm: 3212 | Hand: 0918 | Wingspan: 7614 Junior entry, two year starter. Transferred from Maryland after his freshman year in 2021. All Big-10 honorable mention in 2022 and first-team All-Big 10 last season. Has the frame desired for an NFL edge defender. Played from a two and three-point stance in a wide nine and five alignment. Displays extreme first-step quickness and is explosive, penetrating a gap. Relentless in pursuit, he shows outstanding second effort if blocked and has a closing burst once free. Playing the run he’s adept at sifting inside gaps and can be physical tackling. Sets the edge with strong hands and moves well laterally chasing down perimeter runs or flattening in the backfield after hitting a gap. Has been used at times to drop in coverage and is a solid flat defender. As a pass rusher, the quick first step creates problems for a tackle setting in pass protection. Shows a quick dip and rip versus a tackle and can bend and squeeze to the quarterback with a precise path. Remarkable speed to turn the corner. On an inside move, he can beat a lineman off the ball penetrating a gap. Adept at inside stunts. While strong his block protection technique is inconsistent and he doesn’t always get separation from a powerful blocker on run plays. Offensive tackles can get away with oversetting and riding him out as he lacks a consistent countermove. Tends to just go without a plan other than beat a blocker with quickness and speed and then chase. In his zeal, he will overrun a play at times. His production doesn’t always match his traits. Has a high ceiling but will need technique development at the next level. An ascending player with the upside of an elite edge defender. 2023 Stats: 15 T, 7.5 TFL, 4 sacks, 1 PBU, 5 QBH, 2 FF. OSR:2/41
How do you know he was our 3rd rated edge?

Back
Top Bottom