Chris Benoit and his family found dead. | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Benoit and his family found dead.

wow... such a shock to hear this news. last night I was talking with a friend of mine when raw came on and he told me that benoit was found out dead... later in the night i read murder suicide, now i read stuff of he allagedly strangled his wife, suffocated his son, and hung himself. its pretty crazy to think that possible, and sad at the same time that someone was in this sort of emotional state. just sad. they were all so young too, 40 and 43 (and of course the son, obviously young) really isnt that old.

It seems to me maybe something happened, he snapped and killed his wife, didnt want his son to have to deal with it, and somehow justified killing him afterwards too... then after time passed... in the confusion of what he had done, the grief imposed upon himself was probably just too much... as well as the consequences of his actions... which prompted him to hang himself. I read an article on yahoo news today, the bodies were all found with bibles near by too... which i guess could show how awful he really felt afterwards... but i dont know, all speculation on my part.. which doesnt really matter...

all that matters is its a sad sad story all the way around. no matter what sort of truth is released for what really happened.

RIP to the Benoit family. thoughts and prayers to the family members left behind.

link to the article i mentioned above is below...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead;_ylt=ApUbMS.pMHZ5Zn1hhibZwkLMWM0F

Hart family curse man...

Bret looks very lossed and confused during that interview. With everything he has had to endure over the past 10 years, someone needs to keep an eye on him.

No link. Watched it on CNN Headline News.

I don't joke about stuff like this. Not my style.

Nontheless, I haven't seen it reported anywhere else in any other type of media. I assume CHRIS was on HGH, but Daniel? at 7? that seems far fetched, which is why I was questioning the validity of it.

And it begins. WWE releases a statement downplayin' the steroid issue

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting
Written: June 26, 2007

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.

Daniel by all my estimations, looked like a normal sized 7 year old, even a bit on the skinny side..If he was cycling, I would think he would have been a bit bigger...

WWE® Shocked At Latest Developments In Benoit Tragedy, Concerned By Sensationalistic Reporting

STAMFORD, Conn., June 26, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment is stunned and saddened by the details released by local authorities concerning the double homicide-suicide involving Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and his son, Daniel.

However, WWE is concerned with the sensationalistic reporting and speculation being undertaken by some members of the media following the press conference held by the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department and the District Attorney. During the press conference, the investigating authorities made the following points, all of which run contrary to the media speculation that "roid rage" was a factor in the senseless murders and suicide:

1. The authorities stated that all drugs found in the house were believed to be legal prescriptions.

2. Steroids were not, and could not, be related to the cause of death (asphyxiation). Authorities had no factual basis to speculate as to Benoit’s state of mind, and rightly did not do so.

3. Toxicology tests have not even been completed, so there is no current evidence that Benoit even had steroids or any other substance in his body. In that regard, on the last test done on Benoit by WWE's independently administered drug testing program, done on April 10, 2007, Benoit tested negative.

4. The physical findings announced by authorities indicate deliberation, not rage. The wife's feet and hands were bound and she was asphyxiated, not beaten to death. By the account of the authorities, there were substantial periods of time between the death of the wife and the death of the son, again suggesting deliberate thought, not rage. The presence of a Bible by each is also not an act of rage.

5. WWE strongly suggests that it is entirely wrong for speculators to suggest that steroids had anything to do with these senseless acts, especially when the authorities plainly stated there is no evidence that Benoit had steroids in his body, pending the toxicological reports, and that they had no evidence at this time as to the motive for these acts.

WWE is continuing to monitor the ongoing investigation being conducted by local authorities.
I agree with this statement.

I had a lot of respect for Benoit, and I won't pretend to have walked in his shoes, BUT, he died a loser and a selfish coward. Nothing ever justifies killing your wife and kids, no matter what kind of issues you have. Kill yourself if you have problems and can't deal with life, but don't selfishly take others with you. :rolleyes:

PWTorch can now report the content of the text message sent by Chris Benoit to Chavo Guerrero on Sunday morning. The message, according to our sources, said that the sliding glass doors to his house were open and the dogs had been fed. No one was quite sure what to make of it, but he wasn't reachable afterward for clarification.

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_20644.shtml

Curious is the perfect word for that message. It also might raise an alrm in Chavo since they were close and he probably knew of problems...

Hart family curse man...

Bret looks very lossed and confused during that interview. With everything he has had to endure over the past 10 years, someone needs to keep an eye on him.

How is Hart linked to Benoit, aside from the obvious that they wrestle together? Not questioning you, just wondering.

I had a lot of respect for Benoit, and I won't pretend to have walked in his shoes, BUT, he died a loser and a selfish coward. Nothing ever justifies killing your wife and kids, no matter what kind of issues you have. Kill yourself if you have problems and can't deal with life, but don't selfishly take others with you. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree!!!

It doesn't matter. I happen to agree with it, but the media will go with the steroids angle regardless and the talking heads will continue to lambast the WWE of which they shouldn't be held accountable in any way, not even publicly.

Last test was two months ago and he was clean. As long as they can provide that to authorities and it is legit, they are clear in my opinion. Heck, even if he wasn't clean, I maintain that they shouldn't be held accountable.

How is Hart linked to Benoit, aside from the obvious that they wrestle together? Not questioning you, just wondering.

Benoit trained under Legendary wrestler/promoter Stu Hart. In fact, many of Bret's older brothers helped train Benoit and Owen Hart, Bret's youngest brother, was good friends with Benoit as they trained and gre wup in the business together, working overseas younger in their career.

Bret and Chris wrestled a tribute match to Owen the day after he passed away and Bret hand picked Chris to be in that match due to their closeness. Bret often mentions Chris when he talks about his family and stated that Chris was like a brother to him.

Very close knit group. Everyone who came out of the Hart Dungeon were pretty much close.

Back
Top Bottom