Chris Grier meets with the media | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier meets with the media

It’s not quite 100% value, which is part of the problem. The reason is because the time the team invested in Minkah was wasted and they now have another hole to fill, and we don’t know if we can fill it with anything comparable. At minimum, it will take another 2 years to develop a player that we already had on the roster.

That’s not an unreasonable position. Mine is a little different. We used the time to figure out that he doesn’t fit our profile (position fit, leadership, handle adversity) and at little to no cost in draft value. The time lost to me has way less value because of the rebuild/tank (under normal circumstances, I would value the time lost in non-development much higher)

No that fell in their laps and like I said gave them cover
OK I understand and believe the 2nd part, to an extent. But I would be shocked to find out they intended to trade Tunsil and Minkah. I honestly believe they viewed both of those players as building blocks for this franchise. Players they simply were very proud of.

I just don't understand the Rosen deal then...Why grab Rosen if you are dead set on picking up a new QB? Perhaps acquiring too many QBs is better than holding none!

Rosen is a new (for us) QB.

We might even get one or two more. Its not so much who we get, but how well and how quickly they evolve.

OK I understand and believe the 2nd part, to an extent. But I would be shocked to find out they intended to trade Tunsil and Minkah. I honestly believe they viewed both of those players as building blocks for this franchise. Players they simply were very proud of.

I would hope you are correct but I don't see it

The first bolded part is pretty ridiculous. You're literally holding a grudge on our GM because he didn't hire someone who NO OTHER TEAM hired. What makes you think Richard could win with this squad?

The second bolded part is a very clever way to cover yourself "just in case Grier stumbles into a couple of good players"

I mean it's okay to have an agenda, but don't piss on the forum and try to convince us that it's raining. Call it for what it really is. YOU don't like Grier.

Flores was the weakest candidate Grier even had on his list. He was one year removed from being a position coach, and a one-year DC under one of the most genius defensive minds in NFL history. No NE assistant coach has gone on to have any kind of success as HC in the NFL. And that's not even taking into account how Flores' personality isn't all that inspiring to head a football team. I don't know if Richard will be a great HC or not in the end, but he had many traits and a resume that was superior to Flores IMO. I would make a bet that Richard will eventually have a better career as HC than Flores.

As for the JJ approach, its not covering anything, its reality, and its smart. It might be the best thing I like about Grier. The draft is a crapshoot. It's gambling - a roll of the dice. JJ drafted a BUNCH of **** players, but because he had a crapload of draft picks, he was able to come out of most drafts with at least a few solid players and one elite player. Just look at JJ's drafts in Miami. Outside of his last draft, he came into draft day with 10+ draft picks. With that haul, he drafted a lot more bad players, but he also came out of those 3 years with foundational players like JT, ZT, Pat and Sam who kept the franchise afloat for an entire decade.

My one hope for Grier is that by using that approach, he might be able to replicate some of that. This team has lacked elite players for a decade outside of Cam Wake, and it showed,

Last edited:
No they almost had a fight.
Ewwwwww

Very interesting. I hope this was all about something dif than players not getting along or a disagreement over a woman. X's twitter post last night IMO could take on a dif meaning now. Maybe he was telling Minkah this is my house, all mine now?

Ewwwwww

Very interesting. I hope this was all about something dif than players not getting along or a disagreement over a woman. X's twitter post last night IMO could take on a dif meaning now. Maybe he was telling Minkah this is my house, all mine now?
That was my thought, also was thinking how much he values Bobby

I don’t know man, I think they see a very talented QB who has basically been handled poorly on the mental side of things and Grier even said as much, to the point where he commented that Josh has exclaimed that he has learned more in a few months here than he has in his previous years playing football.

I think they will at least give him a fair shot at some point this season but throwing him on the road vs a very aggressive Cowboys defense may not be the spot.

I still think after the bye week is ideal. Obviously it will take a lot for him to prove his worth but at this point may as well see what he has.

Ya know -- we're not in a rush to prove anything.

We have that "luxury" right now so it would be entirely stupid

to not use it for long term development.

It's quite obvious Rosen didn't come to Miami as a finished product

and subjecting him to "situations" he's not ready for is totally ill-advised.

Minkah didn't land in Davie in a UFO. This isn't hard. Grier drafted Minkah and hired the coaching staff. If Minkah had some personality flaws that led to his departure from the team, part of that is on the person who drafted him, no?
How?

I cannot understand how any of Minkah's action can be placed onto anyone but Minkah! I am literally sitting here with my mouth wide open, shocked. I don't get how your logic works, or if it is even logic you are applying!

If someone, (Minkah) deals with past situations similar to what he faced her in Miami as a pro easily and he doesn't here in Miami how is that Grier's fault? I mean WTF! You gave me a freaking headache! :)

Unless he's packaged to move up to #1 overall, Rosen will be here next year and probably start. It's not a bad approach. Would be similar to what Redskins did with RGIII and Cousins. Rosen is a good insurance policy. And if we hit on a drafted QB, and Rosen plays well, then Rosen can be moved for more draft picks down the road.

Trading for Rosen was a great move IMO because it gives you a lot of options and he will retain his trade value a lot more than other players would because of his position.

Back
Top Bottom