Chris Grier meets with the media | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier meets with the media

Then why did the 3 stooges try everything to have him stay?
It was an if
These are just voices out of the forum for now. So I m still going with the original story

Them seriously not trying to lose...it is obvious to almost everyone here and definitely everyone outside of Fin land
I don't care what everyone else thinks. I have my own thoughts on most things like, most ppl.

I think it is beyond obvious the Tunsil trade changed the entire course of this franchise, because the franchise LT was traded. The logic seems beyond obvious to me.

The very act of trading the #11 pick from a year ago is an admission of a mistake. If there was nothing wrong with the player, or wrong with the way the coaching staff was using the player, the player would still be here because there would be no problem.

I don't know why some of you are trying to hard to deny what is staring you right in the face. In the end, Grier, even if he made a mistake either in evaluation or with his coaching staff, did essentially fess up to the mistake and regained much of the value of the pick/player with the trade. This is an improvement over past GMs in a way.
No it is an admission that the player wanted out?!

I don't care what everyone else thinks. I have my own thoughts on most things like, most ppl.

I think it is beyond obvious the Tunsil trade changed the entire course of this franchise, because the franchise LT was traded. The logic seems beyond obvious to me.

Unless you think as I do Tunsil was gone no matter what

Unless you think as I do Tunsil was gone no matter what
So you think if the Texans didn't throw TWO 1st rounders at the Phins they would have taken a single 1st? No way. And at that point you and others would have a point, and I would be there with you. The issue is, that didn't happen.

So you think if the Texans didn't throw TWO 1st rounders at the Phins they would have taken a single 1st? No way. And at that point you and others would have a point, and I would be there with you. The issue is, that didn't happen.

I think they are doing what they are doing and that was always the plan

Did Grier DRAFT Minkah? You are acting like Grier played no role in drafting a player who became such a malcontent in just ONE year that he forced his way off the team.
What does that have to do with a player deciding he wants out? Grier isn't responsible for the garbage other ppl throw into Minkah's ears!

Here are my thoughts on Grier:

What I Like:
  • Has proven to get good trade value (unlike Tannenbaum)
  • Values having a large stockpile of draft picks to maximize opportunities
  • Does not blow money on over the hill high priced "star" free agents
  • Has a collaborative approach
  • Doesn't fear input from other talent evaluators (made some good hires of former GMs)
What I Don't Like:
  • I think he made the wrong HC hire when he had better options (IMO). Obviously, this is left to be seen, but early returns aren't great. I would feel much better about Grier if he went with Kris Richard.
  • He was a talent evaluator for nearly 2 decades of Dolphin mediocrity. In the 3 drafts where he was the one RUNNING the draft room, he came away with only one pro bowl player, and mostly role players or mediocre starters that wouldn't be starting on most teams. Great teams are built through the draft and have a high rate of 2nd and 3rd contract players drafted by the team. The Dolphins are horrid in that regard.
  • He is flipping recent first round picks who should be foundational pieces of the team for more lottery tickets who may or may not be as good as the players he sent out. I'm hoping that this is merely a one time thing as he transitions from Gase to Flores and tries to reset the team for a play for the franchise QB. However, if this is part of his mindset and will continue to be a thing moving forward, it is very troubling and a recipe for failure.

There are positives and negatives. I agree with the overall approach he took this offseason, but the flipping of Tunsil and Minkah troubled me. And looking at his drafts, his talent evaluation skills also concern me when thinking about him in charge of that massive haul of draft picks. That being said, the JJ approach of having 10+ draft picks may help him get more elite players just because there is a higher likellihood of hitting on players when you have more opportunities in the draft.

I know everyone wants to completely divorce Grier from the Gase/Tbum drafts, but he WAS running the draft room and he was the main talent evaluator. Those are facts. He is responsible.

Let's take Gesicki for example. Of course Grier was trying to identify players who would work with Gase, just as he is now doing for Flores, but it would be disengenuous to say Gase is responsible for Gesicki pick. Gase wasn't grinding Gesicki tape all season long. He let Grier know what kind of player he wanted, and Grier was in charge of evaluating the candidates and identifying the best one that fit Gase's mold. Grier ultimately owns that talent evaluation if he doesn't pan out.

The first bolded part is pretty ridiculous. You're literally holding a grudge on our GM because he didn't hire someone who NO OTHER TEAM hired. What makes you think Richard could win with this squad?

The second bolded part is a very clever way to cover yourself "just in case Grier stumbles into a couple of good players"

I mean it's okay to have an agenda, but don't piss on the forum and try to convince us that it's raining. Call it for what it really is. YOU don't like Grier.

Minkah didn't land in Davie in a UFO. This isn't hard. Grier drafted Minkah and hired the coaching staff. If Minkah had some personality flaws that led to his departure from the team, part of that is on the person who drafted him, no?
Sure but it is a bigger indictment on the player. When he came to Miami he bragged about his versatility and how he could play multiple positions but now he doesn't want to do just that? Maybe he figured out that he couldn't be the dominant player he was in college playing multiple positions and he wants to get paid so he finally came back to reality and figured out that he will have to specialize in one position to get the big second contract he wants. He finally saw that if he wants what X has he has to work his ass off and earn it instead of whining and having his mom go to the media with his insecurities.

I think I have figure out your true identify. You are his mother fighting his battles for him aren't you?

Also you are going to need one of them to roll the dice and replace Tunsil...so a late 1st rounder

If they knew they would get TWO 1st rounders and a 2nd for Tunsil and Stills then they are beyond good. They are all time best!

If they knew they would get TWO 1st rounders and a 2nd for Tunsil and Stills then they are beyond good. They are all time best!

No that fell in their laps and like I said gave them cover

Think its Minkah that can't handle adversity not the staff. You have to remember the philosophy in Miami will mirror the patriots. They're not going to have locker room distractions and Minkah was one. Had he done his job without whining and complaining he'd still be here.
I would reduce that to "just do the jobs he was assigned".

Back
Top Bottom