Chris Grier's moves questionable? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier's moves questionable?

I’m sure all give X more money crowd, that are complaining about Grier know. Would be the loudest about what a mistake it was to redo his contract. When he’s back on the IR a few games into the year with his third knee surgery.

I’m sure all give X more money crowd, that are complaining about Grier know. Would be the loudest about what a mistake it was to redo his contract. When he’s back on the IR a few games into the year with his third knee surgery.
The injuries are the reason I’m fine with them playing hardball

The recent X'man's debacle was predictable and preventable by Grier. Why would you sign another CB to a better contract than X? You have to know that is going to create a problem. The way Grier is handling Howard's situation is poor at best. Does this situation look like another Minka? Another head scratcher by Grier, the recent draft. Many are giving Grier accolades for the trade down and then trade up. I ask, did we really capitalize on those moves? I think Grier would have been better off making some trades after the pro days when scouts really pushed Pitt's upward on the draft board. We could have capitalized more picks with our trade down and Grier was too early. Another decision - Josh Rosen - Bust; Kyle Van Noy signing?? Jordan Howard signing?? Matt Brieda??

Last but not least, the decision to select Tua over Herbert... This one we will have to wait and see... But then again, we have been taking that stance for the past twenty years. Me thinking Grier is a bust.
Agreed. Folks give Grier blind faith, but the results simply don't match up.

The recent X'man's debacle was predictable and preventable by Grier. Why would you sign another CB to a better contract than X? You have to know that is going to create a problem. The way Grier is handling Howard's situation is poor at best. Does this situation look like another Minka? Another head scratcher by Grier, the recent draft. Many are giving Grier accolades for the trade down and then trade up. I ask, did we really capitalize on those moves? I think Grier would have been better off making some trades after the pro days when scouts really pushed Pitt's upward on the draft board. We could have capitalized more picks with our trade down and Grier was too early. Another decision - Josh Rosen - Bust; Kyle Van Noy signing?? Jordan Howard signing?? Matt Brieda??

Last but not least, the decision to select Tua over Herbert... This one we will have to wait and see... But then again, we have been taking that stance for the past twenty years. Me thinking Grier is a bust.
So you're kinda new at this football thing? ;)

For the most of us:
* time is linear
* hindsight is better than foresight

But you be you

I dont think Grier is anything special, however I do think Flo is. So, I hope if something happens to Grier because of his bad moves is only him and not Flo, cause that man can surelly coach.

Its Going Down GIF by Philips Norelco

I disagree, Grier has done an admirable job. Boooo on you!!!

Last edited:
That and the fact that he probably won't have a repeat performance and may be approaching the down slope of his bell curve.
Probably won’t repeat 10 INTs but I don’t think he’ll have a drop off for quite a while baring injury. His game should age well. But agreed that he certainly isn’t getting any better at this stage, he’s firmly reached his peak.

When you think being a GM is as easy as Madden

I agree with several of your points.
For example, I do not think we maximized our 2021 #3 pick (tho time will tell).
I also am worried about Tua but way too early to know.
I think Minka needed a different team.
I was concerned about Byron Jones contract at the time.
Shouldnt beat writers be asking these questions?

Compare to what we had, he is light year ahead.

Howard had knee surgery in Dec of 2019 and entered training camp in 2020 on the PUP.

It's not like Grier knew Howard was going to go off for 10 INTs in 2020 let alone still be the same X from the 2018 season when he had 7 INTs. Going into the 2020 offseason Howard had played 17 games out of 32.

Byron Jones was the #1 corner on the market and had established himself as a #1 corner, albeit with limited ball skills.
They wanted to sign him and had to give in to contract demands.

You thought Grier had to question if this may upset a guy who was given the highest paid corner contract at the time of signing who had played 53% of possible games since 2018? Puhlease

Back
Top Bottom