Chris Grier's moves questionable? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier's moves questionable?

The recent X'man's debacle was predictable and preventable by Grier. Why would you sign another CB to a better contract than X? You have to know that is going to create a problem. The way Grier is handling Howard's situation is poor at best. Does this situation look like another Minka? Another head scratcher by Grier, the recent draft. Many are giving Grier accolades for the trade down and then trade up. I ask, did we really capitalize on those moves? I think Grier would have been better off making some trades after the pro days when scouts really pushed Pitt's upward on the draft board. We could have capitalized more picks with our trade down and Grier was too early. Another decision - Josh Rosen - Bust; Kyle Van Noy signing?? Jordan Howard signing?? Matt Brieda??

Last but not least, the decision to select Tua over Herbert... This one we will have to wait and see... But then again, we have been taking that stance for the past twenty years. Me thinking Grier is a bust.
this is the year to me that determines if grier is a bust. he had 3 1sts last year and if this season it looks like we didn't hit on any of the 3, that's a problem.

The recent X'man's debacle was predictable and preventable by Grier. Why would you sign another CB to a better contract than X? You have to know that is going to create a problem. The way Grier is handling Howard's situation is poor at best. Does this situation look like another Minka? Another head scratcher by Grier, the recent draft. Many are giving Grier accolades for the trade down and then trade up. I ask, did we really capitalize on those moves? I think Grier would have been better off making some trades after the pro days when scouts really pushed Pitt's upward on the draft board. We could have capitalized more picks with our trade down and Grier was too early. Another decision - Josh Rosen - Bust; Kyle Van Noy signing?? Jordan Howard signing?? Matt Brieda??

Last but not least, the decision to select Tua over Herbert... This one we will have to wait and see... But then again, we have been taking that stance for the past twenty years. Me thinking Grier is a bust.
Agreed with almost everything except that Grier is a bust. I think this portion of his game needs work immediately. (The handling of players on roster) because I actually like the rest of his dealings. I like how we move on from players right away if they don't fit and how we sign them to team friendly contracts to do so without hurting the team too much.

But this X thing has me pissed. On one hand, X can go **** himself. Selfish prick. Acting like the dolphins didn't take a chance on him and make him the highest paid cb at the time coming off a season ending injury. Then not even playing the full next season, and after all his off the field issues. On the other hand, God Damnit Dolphins, you absolutely have to figure this damn situation out. We can't keep letting our star players go. Ugh

Grier and Flores are married at the hip.
Maybe maybe not. Things change. Seems like they were at first but maybe these kinds of things will push them away from eachother. That poster has a point and might be on to something

I think he has made some questionable decisions but he's also given us a pretty young, up and coming roster. In tge next few years if a few key players develop Grier will be a genius, if they don't he will be fired.

I agree on your X point. Everything else no. Show me one gm that hits on all draft picks. The verdict on Tua isn't set yet

1. He brought in Flores.

2. He was able to get a 1st for a disgruntled Safety.

3. Was able to turn a few draft picks from The Texans, into continued high Draft picks.

4. Drafted a QB that has a good shot at being at worst being a good piece to a quality team, at best, a special Superbowl competing QB.

5. Has been able to draft 4 possible starting O-Linemen for this years team.

6. Has Drafted 3 good to possibly great starting D-linemen for this years team.

7- Has Drafted 2 LBs special LB that will start this year, and each had at least 6 Sacks last year.

8. Has Drafted 3 DB that if not all are starting this year, each has a good shot of starting next year.

9. In FA, has been able to strike gold multiple times with starting talent.

Has not done anything?

I dont think Grier is anything special, however I do think Flo is. So, I hope if something happens to Grier because of his bad moves is only him and not Flo, cause that man can surelly coach.
I agree w this. Flo can coach. Grier can Grier - I don’t know what that even means but we’ll find out !

this is the year to me that determines if grier is a bust. he had 3 1sts last year and if this season it looks like we didn't hit on any of the 3, that's a problem.
I agree. If Tua, Jackson and Iggy bust we can start looking for Grier’s replacement. And if Hebert tears it up that’s only going to make it worse.

The one thing Grier did that I loved was the Tunsil trade. I think he’s overrated and a mental moron (led league in penalties last year) as he whiffed on assignments with us, had too many penalties and couldn’t beat out a broken down Fat Albert in his rookie year. Meh. Now, what you do w those picks means e everything. The returns haven’t come in yet. If they do, great. If they all bust then I think we can safely say the man may be fearless when it comes to trading but he cannot draft.

For some fans, the Dolphins will never do anything right? It really gets old.
Fan for 50 years. Haven’t done anything right in at least 20 so I can understand the frustration. Take Ryan Tannehill for example. While here I was not a hater nor a fan boy. I honestly just couldn’t tell w him. Took Tennessee about 2 games to figure out he was an all pro QB. Dude had 40 combined TDs last year to 7 turnovers. Year before he led the league in QBR w a whopping 9.7 YPA. He didn’t do anything even close to that here. Fresh start my ass. We ****ed it up. Like we **** most things up. Charles Harris even had a career year w 3 sacks after he left lololool. Donkeykong Suh and his contract. Jonathan Martin. Adam Gase. Joe Philbin. Cam Cameron. Drew Brees. Nick Saban. Dion Jordon and the entire off-season of 2012 OMG. Then we hit on a couple of studs like Minkah and X and we can’t even retain them through their primes. So, try to understand why some take a Debbie downer position. We haven’t exactly earned the benefit of the doubt for a couple of decades now. Eddie Moore. Jamar Fletcher. Playoff appearances since 2000 = 3. TDs scored in those games combined = 3. I could go on.

Back
Top Bottom