Chris Grier's moves questionable? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier's moves questionable?

I agree with your questionable moves completely…we missed not getting Herbert for sure!

But….I don’t expect perfection from Grier, just overall success.

Missing on the QB position is something that will get you a failing grade long term.

Saban did that and ran away from pro football rather than fixing it!
Of course you agree with him because of Herbert. Most of us believe Tua is the answer.

We get it, the team has sucked for a long time, but some fans find fault with everything and I mean everything. X wants to renegotiate his contract the Dolphins are cautious so Grier ****ed up...REALLY. To feel disrespected because the other guy got a bigger contract than you when you are making 75mill is childish. Minkah doesn't want to play here anymore because boohoo it's too tough....Grier trades him and gets some draft capital in return....what's the chant afterward by some...FIRE Grier, replace the coach, Dolphins Suck...cmon man. We are heading in the right direction, give the front and coaching staff a chance...that's all I'm saying.
I agree that things are the most promising they’ve been since JJ came in. That said, if we continue to trade our best players (regardless of reason) it’s going to make things harder. I love coach Flo. He can coach. Not sure about Grier. I think he’s meh-ish.

You must have forgotten X's problems the year before. Grier made moves in case X was punished by the league or he failed to rehab from his injury. Either way Flo's D needed a cornerstone CB to build and there was never a guarantee the X would show and shine like he did.
This is accurate IMO. It appears it was a hedge against not having X available for whatever reason. That he is - and that we saw what we can do on D w 2 shut down CBs - is why I still think it’s nuts we are at this point.

That’s complete BS and you know it. Every move? C’mon! He’s made some great moves as well as some that haven’t worked out, and others which haven’t been given ample enough time to make a fair assessment.
Like all GMs. I think he’s a little trade happy though. Like he gets an adrenaline rush from doing deals or something. The yo-yo-yo thing last year made my head spin so much it was like when you drink too much and there is no avoiding a trip to worship the porcelain God.

The thing people gloss over (with the Texans’ pick) is that we wanted Waddle. The trade with SF and the Eagles netted us a 1st and a 3rd while we still got the player we wanted. I would point out the Eagles were going to take Smith or Waddle at 6 and the Giants (who picked Toney later in the 1st after trading down) could have easily taken the other at 10. It might not have been as easy as some people think to hop back into the top 10 and land Waddle when the Broncos and Panthers would have both been worried about the Cowboys taking a CB at 11 (our pick from SF was 12th).
Good point. Also we do not know how bad they wanted Waddle.
I wish I knew how disappointed they were with Eich instead of a RB at 36.

Sorry but I don’t believe you have any knowledge about football if you honestly believe this.
Of course you are the Grand Master of Football knowledge.

It's OK though don't worry about what people think.If anyone thinks Grier is a good GM atm you should take a look in the mirror. Take it with a grain of salt because I know nothing.

Of course you are the Grand Master of Football knowledge.

It's OK though don't worry about what people think.If anyone thinks Grier is a good GM atm you should take a look in the mirror. Take it with a grain of salt because I know nothing.
I agree, you know nothing. I give you credit for at least admitting it.

That’s complete BS and you know it. Every move? C’mon! He’s made some great moves as well as some that haven’t worked out, and others which haven’t been given ample enough time to make a fair assessment.
Ok so what great move(s) has he had? I'll wait

Jesus this is the 2nd time you have put words into my mouth.I never said I don't know football.You said it.

It's OK though.Thats usually the case around here.
Obviously you don’t even know what you write. You wrote in your comments that, “you know nothing”. I just agreed with you.

Back
Top Bottom