Chris Grier's moves questionable? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier's moves questionable?

We got the world for tunsil, Minkah and just about any player he feels like getting rid of. Then got us a QB that 95% of the football world thought walked on water, a massively improved OL, filled our WR room with quality players including one of the highest rated recievers available.....and let us not forget bringing Flo.

There's still people saying he's a bad GM. For some buffoons nobody is worth anything until they win back to back superbowls.

I don’t think MF becomes a whiny jerk if they just put at S to start minicamp. Instead the staff was infatuated w Bobby McCain - even though he was way to small to play there - and had him doing 1st team reps w MF behind him as far back as April/May. That was the beginning of the end. So I’m saying the org has to accept responsibility as well for creating the situation. They had a vision of how they wanted to use the guy and he didn’t like it. Pitt is using him where he’s best suited. Had Miami done that (actually, Gase did in MFs rookie year and he was very good) he’s probably still here and no one thinks he’s a cancer. He’s certainly not one in Pitt. Anyone can become a malcontent.

I got lost when reading this. I've always thought the guy with the title "Head Coach" decides where the player plays and the guy with the title "player" plays there. Now, we have all universe Aaron Rodgers demanding to have a voice in drafting and trades. I'm not sure that's a great idea, but he sure makes a difference on that team and can at least make a claim to the value he delivers. Help this poor confused reader under stand why a year 2 player should get that kind of deference?

I have seen teams that let their players ignore the coach and do what they want. My son, when he was 6, played on a soccer team like that. The fans loved it.

No one's 'trolling your post'. You're just not making any sound arguments.

How did we go 10-6 last year with a bad GM?
Nonsense here.did we make the playoffs?...Did you see most of the teams we beat?...And most importantly did you see the teams we lost to?

When ever someone wants to show me all these good or great moves Grier has had I'll be more then welcome to show((which i shouldnt have to they are hidden in plain site)a lot that blew azz.
He'll say that's on Flores......... who Grier the GM hired.
I have already stated that Flores was the best move Grier has had to date.

F en broke records every where.

I got lost when reading this. I've always thought the guy with the title "Head Coach" decides where the player plays and the guy with the title "player" plays there. Now, we have all universe Aaron Rodgers demanding to have a voice in drafting and trades. I'm not sure that's a great idea, but he sure makes a difference on that team and can at least make a claim to the value he delivers. Help this poor confused reader under stand why a year 2 player should get that kind of deference?

I have seen teams that let their players ignore the coach and do what they want. My son, when he was 6, played on a soccer team like that. The fans loved it.
What artnj says below.

Not cool to not do what the coach asks, but it seems in this case the kid knew better then the coach. It happens sometimes. I coached hockey for 20 years. Every once in a while, a kid has a point about how they’re being used.

X's contract was based on his play prior to last year. He was often injured, and a good CB. His contract was, IMO based on what he had achieved, and some improvement. I dont think anyone expected him to play at last years level.

Grier, IMO, is doing the right thing. If Miami trade him and get a kings ransom, then great. But X isnt 25, has an injury history.

But Grier has done brilliantly over the past 3 years with trades and compensation.

Nonsense here.did we make the playoffs?...Did you see most of the teams we beat?...And most importantly did you see the teams we lost to?

When ever someone wants to show me all these good or great moves Grier has had I'll be more then welcome to show((which i shouldnt have to they are hidden in plain site)a lot that blew azz.

I have already stated that Flores was the best move Grier has had to date.

F en broke records every where.
10-6

Grier is a buffoon. He's been instrumental making us irrelevant for the past 15 years. I can't fathom why he gets so much love. A more knowledgeable owner would have fired him long ago. I wonder if he'd have as many apologists if he didn't luck out with the HOU trade. This team has zero chance of competing for deep playoff runs with this guy running the show.

Anybody comparing X’s situation to what happened with Minkah (something I’ve seen done numerous times now) loses credibility immediately.

The situations are completely and totally different. I’m not going to bother breaking how and why.

I believe most rational football fans get it.

Last edited:
At the beginning of our rebuild, Grier said that they were looking at how we do things, and he will be making some changes to football operations. Grier has always said many decisions regarding players and talent acquisition (free agency and the draft) are collaborative. Adding Allen (Assistant GM), McKenzie (Senior Personnel Director), and Flo as Head Coach seems to be making a difference. Time will tell, but our decisions seem to be more sound. We aren't perfect, no organization is, but I give a lot of credit to Grier for taking a look at himself and our organization in the mirror and trying to make changes for the better. I am hopeful that we are on the right track and it's just a matter of time before we put it all together. :-)

I think most people don't realize how important the rest of the staff under and around the GM is in making these moves.

So much work goes into scouting and evaluations. While Grier, with some input from Flores, may make the final call its still based on a lot of information from the staff under him. Especially draft picks.

For once maybe we’ll be the team to extract maximum value for a commodity that will start to erode in talent soon rather than paying up to get what’s left in the tank

Grier is a buffoon. He's been instrumental making us irrelevant for the past 15 years. I can't fathom why he gets so much love. A more knowledgeable owner would have fired him long ago. I wonder if he'd have as many apologists if he didn't luck out with the HOU trade. This team has zero chance of competing for deep playoff runs with this guy running the show.
A buffoon?

Stopped reading after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom