Chris Grier's moves questionable? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Grier's moves questionable?

I was against Ross keeping Grier as the GM when he stated he was going to rebuild the entire team. I wanted Ross to completely clean house and that included hiring a new GM . Yet to make the comment that Grier hasn’t made any good moves as the GM is absurd.

First of all he was responsible for the hiring of Flores, who so far appears to be the best HC the Dolphins have hired since Shula was the teams HC.

Obviously he has made several quality moves to improve the team in the two years since Flores was hired. Otherwise the Dolphins wouldn’t have gone from what was considered the worst roster in the NFL at the beginning of the 2019 season to a 10 win team in 2020.

You appear to be someone who hates Grier for no real reason and is unwilling to give him any credit for the fact the team is much better now than it was just two years ago. If hating Grier makes you feel better about yourself, there is nothing I can say to convince you that Grier isn’t as bad a GM as you insist he it.
I don't get why some people think evaluating talent is easy. If there were a magic formula where you could list everyone's measurables in an excel spreadsheet, do a little risk analysis, and then pop out an answer, teams wouldn't need the staff they have. They would need an actuary.

Seriously, they probably do have one of those, but it takes a lot more than that and a little luck to get the right guys.

Hey you guys, how about we wait until preseason to start evaluating the team. We are becoming a very talented team

There is some "starting information" in the Chambers files that would explain why many of us thought Grier sucked.

Now that he doesn't have to worry about some of those people he has picked the best coach we have had in a long time. He used to be blamed for drafting the "safe pick". All of a sudden he is drafting guys that are riskier but with huge upsides. Give it time and I think you will see it was never him that caused us to think he was bad at his job.

Grier is a buffoon. He's been instrumental making us irrelevant for the past 15 years. I can't fathom why he gets so much love. A more knowledgeable owner would have fired him long ago. I wonder if he'd have as many apologists if he didn't luck out with the HOU trade. This team has zero chance of competing for deep playoff runs with this guy running the show.
Do you still think we don't have a franchise QB?

I mean, I think I'm paying attention. What have you seen on the field so far that makes you so sure? And I hope you are right.
Well so far, it looks like we're seeing some tremendous accuracy and pocket presence, and much improved command of the offense. That's what I'm seeing/hearing.

Well so far, it looks like we're seeing some tremendous accuracy and pocket presence, and much improved command of the offense. That's what I'm seeing/hearing.
I think and hope Tua can become our franchise QB for the next 10 years, he's just not it until he's it. And it's not just a Tua thing, I'd say the same thing about any other player in the NFL.

I think and hope Tua can become our franchise QB for the next 10 years, he's just not it until he's it. And it's not just a Tua thing, I'd say the same thing about any other player in the NFL.
I'll agree with you there. He's not it until he is, but I can comfortably say he's becoming 'it', and will turn most skeptics into believers by seasons end. If he doesn't, feel free to come back and mock the **** outta me.

I'll agree with you there. He's not it until he is, but I can comfortably say he's becoming 'it', and will turn most skeptics into believers by seasons end. If he doesn't, feel free to come back and mock the **** outta me.
I wouldn't do that because I love the Dolphins and would feel no joy if we had to keep searching for a QB. I'm cheering for him as hard as anyone else.

Wouldn't do what? Mocking? Because you already do that.
Yes, I certainly wouldn’t mock you if Tua doesn’t pan out. Why would I, or any true Dolphin fan for that matter? I have actually made a significant financial investment in him, I believe in him as much as anyone else.

Yes, I certainly wouldn’t mock you if Tua doesn’t pan out. Why would I, or any true Dolphin fan for that matter? I have actually made a significant financial investment in him, I believe in him as much as anyone else.
You already do. You're suddenly going to stop if he doesn't pan out?

You can't use logic with some people. You either need to crown Tua as the best QB in the NFL, or you are a hater. To say you'd rather have any other QB than him is blasphemy to the Tua cultists. It's truly bizarre.

What do you mean lucked out with the Houston trade? Because it was such a high pick? drop it to the Ravens level and we still get a solid selection in Bateman as a WR, or we go in a different direction.

I know he had many opportunities to pull the trigger but patiently waited until he got 2 1sts and a 2nd. That's not luck, that's damn good managing.

Back
Top Bottom