Chris Johnson visiting Miami today | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson visiting Miami today

It's all relative. Gronk isn't the top paid TE. But thanks to the new CBA, a 31 yr old TE is.

It's a reality. I will say, Vernon skill set and age, yes he is worth what ever someone is willing to pay

Your analogy is worthless by the NFL business model.

Teams do dumb sh!! all the time and regret it later. See Eagles and Byron Maxwell.

Vernon is NOT worth that amount of money and just because they paid him that does not make it so.

He will visit. Leave without a deal. And so we go.

Before the Jets he had a 1000+ yd season. Last year he seemed to regain some form. If he's a fraction of what he was with the Titans it's an absolute no brainer

Well, we'll agree to disagree then my friend. The funny thing tho- I feel like we just hijacked about a page's worth of a Chris Johnson into a Vernon discussion lol

Yea, but the discussion is about the scale in which non rookies are gettin paid. We make think it's abit outrageous, but this is today's NFL. It's a new paradigm, that most didn't grow up with. Instead of the rookies being over paid, it's the vets turn to cash in. And frankly, some deserve it.

As for CJ....no thanks. I'm all for bringing in a younger back to compete and compliment Ajayi. This team right now, looks like another 6-8 win team. And if they finish with 8wins...what does that mean about the biggest question on the team? Tannehill.

I do know next year I have no plans getting Sunday ticket.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Teams do dumb sh!! all the time and regret it later. See Eagles and Byron Maxwell.

Vernon is NOT worth that amount of money and just because they paid him that does not make it so.

Is a 31 yr old TE worth more than Gronk?

There are more examples. But your opinion is stuck in the age prior to the current CBA.

Yeah lets replace Lamar Miller in his prime with an aging version of Lamar Miller with 4/32 left on the tires and no guards.

Yeah lets replace Lamar Miller in his prime with an aging version of Lamar Miller with 4/32 left on the tires and no guards.

Yea you forgot to mention "For a 3rd of the cost" Kinda puts a different spin on it. Who cares, Johnson will be the backup to Ajayi and if you don't fix the line, its a moot point.

Yea you forgot to mention "For a 3rd of the cost" Kinda puts a different spin on it. Who cares, Johnson will be the backup to Ajayi and if you don't fix the line, its a moot point.

Who cares about cost. Miller was worth every bit of 6.5 M dollars when you have half a team that still needs to be replaced. All Tannen**** has done has played robin hood with this team. Stack the defense (if you can call it that) at the expense of the offense.

I'm not really sure what Tannebaum is doing. Like the fact he is clearing out the old, but who he is replacing them with makes no sense. You win with line play (D and O) and he seems to be neglecting it.

Who cares about cost. Miller was worth every bit of 6.5 M dollars when you have half a team that still needs to be replaced. All Tannen**** has done has played robin hood with this team. Stack the defense (if you can call it that) at the expense of the offense.

I want to make this clear, I don't like Tannbaum. But Miller isn't worth 6.5. Running backs are a dime a dozen. You fix the line you fix the running game, with Miller,Ajai,C.J Anderson, whoever.
You take some of that Miller money and invest it in some good to decent guards. 6.5mil to an RB in todays NFL, particularly with a shiity O line, is insane.

Bitching about it is not going to get him back

I want to make this clear, I don't like Tannbaum. But Miller isn't worth 6.5. Running backs are a dime a dozen. You fix the line you fix the running game, with Miller,Ajai,C.J Anderson, whoever.
You take some of that Miller money and invest it in some good to decent guards. 6.5mil to an RB in todays NFL, particularly with a shiity O line, is insane.

Dime a dozen? You do realize all the GOOD ones, you know that ones that have field vision and can make a difference, are GONE. How much was the offer to Anderson? How much did Ivory get? Doug Martin? I didn't catch the Forte contract yet. Instead we literally CREATED a gaping hole at a position that was fine. Had miami resigned miller and went after 2 guards the day before free agency started, this wouldn't be an issue. We restructured cap space to sign arguably the worst T in free agency in Bushrod and assuming he doesn't get hurt walking onto the field, we will potentially convert him to guard? Way to go Tannen****....

You better hope Ajayi isn't Daniel Thomas 2.0 behind this line or Tannehill will have to throw 60 times a game....

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Bitching about it is not going to get him back

But it is a cathartic...

can't wait for thugaliscious CJ to get to south beach and do a drive by...

I'm not really sure what Tannebaum is doing. Like the fact he is clearing out the old, but who he is replacing them with makes no sense. You win with line play (D and O) and he seems to be neglecting it.

Oh i don't think so.. It seems that they are adding older and staying with current older... players to the lines. This to me says they plan to draft those positions and have younger players ready to start year 2/3.. right around the time they need to pay their receivers big money

also in regards to cj2k...

CcqM6UtWwAQgfJM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom