Chris Johnson visiting Miami today | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Johnson visiting Miami today

I thought cj retired, are the Dolphins a reality show because this is going to be fun to watch. Tannebum is putting quite a band of characters together. Are we signing players over the hill only? This is madness!!!

Yes dime a dozen. C.J. Anderson was an undrafted FA...he jut was the lead back on the SB winner. The Pats just went to the AFCC with Dion Lewis/Stephen Jackson/Brandon Bolden. Carolina had Jonthan Stewart/Mike Tolbert. Stop me when any of those backs strike fear int you.

Bottom line: you pour resources into the line not the back. Yes some backs are better than others, but your it's easy to find running backs, particularly through the draft.

Demarco Murray went down 1000 yrds in Philadelphia....is it because his vision went away? no. It's because their line was very poor and DeMarco as a runner was overratted to begin with. It was mostly Dallas's line opening up gaping holes.

Whoever compares what we do (or the rest of the league for that matter) to what the Patriots and Bill Belichick can accomplish needs to reevaluate their football knowledge.

Oh i don't think so.. It seems that they are adding older and staying with current older... players to the lines. This to me says they plan to draft those positions and have younger players ready to start year 2/3.. right around the time they need to pay their receivers big money

Maybe defensively you can make that argument but offensively they've only added Bushrod while getting rid of Fox. A Slight upgrade maybe, but you need to bring in guys to atleast COMPETE with Thomas and Turner or Tanehill is going to get murdered.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Whoever compares what we do (or the rest of the league for that matter) to what the Patriots and Bill Belichick can accomplish needs to reevaluate their football knowledge.

Smart franchise's don't pour money into positions that aren't as valuable. That's the point.

Yes dime a dozen. C.J. Anderson was an undrafted FA...he jut was the lead back on the SB winner. The Pats just went to the AFCC with Dion Lewis/Stephen Jackson/Brandon Bolden. Carolina had Jonthan Stewart/Mike Tolbert. Stop me when any of those backs strike fear int you.

Bottom line: you pour resources into the line not the back. Yes some backs are better than others, but your it's easy to find running backs, particularly through the draft.

Demarco Murray went down 1000 yrds in Philadelphia....is it because his vision went away? no. It's because their line was very poor and DeMarco as a runner was overratted to begin with. It was mostly Dallas's line opening up gaping holes.

The issue you are forgetting is we have no ability to actually find talent in the draft let alone groom them. Secondly I would take jonathan stewart in a heartbeat now and in the past 5-6 years. Nothing wrong with him; never was. Using the patriots as an example of anything is hilarious. They would go with a bag of dog crap at rb. They have proven that for the past decade.

I completely disagree with you on the value of a running back. You don't create holes on a franchise and that is EXACTLY what tannenbum did.

Can Chris Johnson still play, even?

I doubt he has that incredible breakaway speed he had during his days in Tennessee. Those painfully average Titans teams rode him into the ground - it was a lot like Ricky Williams in that regard.

Can Chris Johnson still play, even?

I doubt he has that incredible breakaway speed he had during his days in Tennessee. Those painfully average Titans teams rode him into the ground - it was a lot like Ricky Williams in that regard.

Johnson did pretty well last year in AZ. However their passing game didn't help the run game or anything....

Oh i don't think so.. It seems that they are adding older and staying with current older... players to the lines. This to me says they plan to draft those positions and have younger players ready to start year 2/3.. right around the time they need to pay their receivers big money

Maybe defensively you can make that argument but offensively they've only added Bushrod while getting rid of Fox. A Slight upgrade maybe, but you need to bring in guys to atleast COMPETE with Thomas and Turner or Tanehill is going to get murdered.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Smart franchise's don't pour money into positions that aren't as valuable. That's the point.

:up: they don't hold up assets on them either...

Expecting to see shortly that the visit has concluded and he leaves without a deal..

Back
Top Bottom