Chris Mortenson from the Pro Bowl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortenson from the Pro Bowl

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
He said the Redskins may go as far as trading their second rounder for Brunell. But because you cannot trade until March 4th, other teams like the Cowboys, Dolphins, and 2 others I forgot will have a chance to make a move.

To the good news:

Although the Redskins may keep Patrick Ramsey, they WILL listen to offers for him. :up:

Joe Gibbs is an idiot. What does he need another QB for when they already have Ramsey? You build a team through the draft, and they want to trade a high 2nd rounder. WTF?

If the Skins give up a high pick for Brunell, then trade Ramsey....It'll be the Dumbest move ever made by any team in the history of the National Football....no, the history of professional sports period. I would personally vote to have the Redskins removed from the league to cleans us of such stupidity.

If they go for Brunell PERIOD, it would be stupid.

Originally posted by Lukin
If the Skins give up a high pick for Brunell, then trade Ramsey....It'll be the Dumbest move ever made by any team in the history of the National Football....no, the history of professional sports period. I would personally vote to have the Redskins removed from the league to cleans us of such stupidity.
Amen to that. :up: My guess is Ramsey will go ape sh*t and demand a trade if he's shown such disrespect. The Skins don't need another QB.

Let the Skins have him. Either way Trestman has a couple of weeks to decide on Fiedler b/c the trade can't happen yet. Another season is not going to kill us with Fiedler at the control and we all know he doesn't make it through all 16 games healthy so someone else will have their chance to shine just like Lucas and Griese who were both garbage. Remember Marino's best year with this heralded defense was 10-6. Defense wins championships so investing the money on that side of the ball isn't all that bad. That's why the defense is re-structuring to field a better team next year. The defense has done its part in not showing up for big games the same as Jay has but no one bashes them that bad. IMO, the number one priority should be the offensive line and I've heard no rumors or rumblings of that happening, so I'm getting concerned. It's all QB talk.

Don't you guys think if the redskins did acquire Brunell ..that we could trade ogunelye to them for ramsey? what do you guys think of that

If Gibbs gives up a second rounder for Brunell he will be the laughing stock of the NFL. I wouldn't give up any thing more than a conditional third rounder next year for him.

Originally posted by HugeFinFan
Don't you guys think if the redskins did acquire Brunell ..that we could trade ogunelye to them for ramsey? what do you guys think of that

Muck, Stamos, and myself mentioned that before. Ogunleye for Ramsey and a mid-rounder would be a great deal for both sides.

Originally posted by Lukin

My only point is that Gibbs knows how to win and has done it before, I agree getting rid of Ramsey and taking Brunnel seems backwards to me but Gibbs is a proven winner and perhaps he knows something the rest of us are unaware of.

Patrick Ramsey

53.1 completion %, 2166 yds, 14 TDS, 9 INT in 11 games. Not to bad for a 2nd year QB with no running game.

Let them have Brunell.. get Henson VIA Trade for a future pick, second or third, and then draft Rivers if he is available. If not, then you still have Henson and you could someone like Fiedler back and Draft a good wideout or Oline man.

With no line either, their protection schemes detract from their talent.

Ogunleye for Ramsey straight up...both are young up and comers. I don't think we'd have to sprinkle in a draft pick IMHO.

How good is Ramsey though? I only saw one full Skins game and bits and pieces of others since I'm glued to the Phins game every week. Can some elaborate on Ramsey's strengths/weaknesses? Can he avoid the rush? How is his decision making? etc...

ETA: I know that he does have a strong arm though.

Back
Top Bottom