Chris Mortenson from the Pro Bowl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Mortenson from the Pro Bowl

I saw every Redskin game this year and he wasn't overly impressive, Yes he does have a great arm, he's tough and I know he had a crappy OL but he held the ball way to long and made poor decisions.

PhinPhreak I'm just wondering how it is that you saw every redskin game this year? I mean a good many of the Skins games played at the same time as the Phins...you're name doesn't suggest that you are a Redskins fan it looks like you're a Phin fan. Is there any reason you're watching Redskins games instead of our beloved Phins? Or perhaps do you have the games all taped for some unknown reason then watch them later?

Listen I don't mean to pick on ya. During just about the entire season I lived right in Washington DC and absorbed a lot of Redskins football there but every sunday I was watching the Phins if possible. Even so I did manage to catch quite a lot of Redskins football on TV and while I wouldn't claim I've seen EVERY skins game this year, I do think I've seen a bit of the redskins enough to have a good feeling about Patrick Ramsey. I just think its a bit on the outrageous time that every time we say something about some prospect, someone comes out of the woodwork and claims they've seen every game the person we're talking about ever played. I'm not ready to rebuke all these claims outright but I do happen to wonder why a Phins fan such as yourself is watching all of these Redskins games even though they obviously conflict with your beloved Phins.

NEwayz...I've seen Patrick play ball quite a bit, not enough to claim anything with 100% accuracy but the guy has guts and talent. A good arm, though I'm not ready to declare it Top Five like Jaj is, but he seems to throw it pretty accurate. Questions about him holding the ball too long will persist but calling him another Rob Johnson is a bit harsh.

One time I watched this kid step back in the pocket and was immediately tackled by a linebacker. Ramsey actually ducked the tackle, popped back up and IMMEDIATELY belted the ball 30 yards downfield to the right sideline to Laveraneous Coles who was open...and the ball was right on target and perfectly timed. Somehow under the most forceful, distracting duress, he not only knew exactly where his receiver was at all times, he had that internal clock still running enough to know how far to throw it and if the guy would be open. Sure, he COULD have just been lucky, but it will still go down as one of the craziest, headiest, most AWESOME plays I've ever seen a QB produce and I've watched a LOT of Dan Marino. I think if you talk to Redskins fans, you'll find out this kid is awesome.

Laveraneous Coles went to the Skins and after going to camps and stuff with Ramsey he said that its uncanny but Ramsey is a mirror image of Chad Pennington in NY. He's extremely nice and good to get along with and they both have a knack for making plays.

I hadn't dreamed that the Skins would get rid of Ramsey in favor of Brunell. I thought it would be for Roethlisberger if he fell to #5. What a moronic move for Gibbs but then again...well if they are charged with winning NOW, Gibbs does tend to have more success with veterans so I guess he could be thinking Brunell could bring them there within one year or two. Still, awefully irresponsible of Gibbs to toss away their future like that.

Rivers lovers take notice of this though. The Redskins have been hearing offers from the Texans and the Patriots for the #5 pick in the draft. If they get rid of Ramsey for another first round pick they could be placing themselves to get Rivers. Phil Rivers just seems like the kind of guy any NFL coach who is looking for a value QB would be interested in. He's got the Steelers downplaying their interest in Henson. He's got Tom Donahoe cancelling plane trips to get another gander at him. He's got Mike Mularkey saying on the radio they would LOVE to draft him at #13 if he were there. He's got a Baltimore exec gushing about him saying if they didn't already have their own fantastic QB in Boller they would be interested. He even made Mel Kiper pull an about-face, to the point where Kiper not only took him out of the 2nd round where he had him, he made him like the #8 prospect on the board. Schottenheimer tossed over some blatant favoritism to Rivers in the Senior Bowl and now there's talks of Schotty trading out of the #1 pick. Now, we got the Skins trading for a veteran and getting rid of Patrick Ramsey. I doubt Gibbs would take Brunell and get rid of Ramsey without getting SOME prospect for the future, he can't be that dumb...so...who else do you know that is set for a mid-first round grade? Unless you think they're gonna make a bid for Henson all the sudden...

Well it depends on how far. I think intermediate arm strength he is top 5. Deep ball is top 10. Short top 10.

It's almost how Favre has the strongest intermediate arm in the game, but if I wanted someone to throw it deep for me I would pick Daunte.

But overall arm strength would be well a strength.:cool:

If the Redskins part with a second-round pick to get Brunell, it just proves that Huizenga is the SECOND-biggest name-whore owner in the league.

Originally posted by ckparrothead

PhinPhreak I'm just wondering how it is that you saw every redskin game this year? I mean a good many of the Skins games played at the same time as the Phins...you're name doesn't suggest that you are a Redskins fan it looks like you're a Phin fan. Is there any reason you're watching Redskins games instead of our beloved Phins? Or perhaps do you have the games all taped for some unknown reason then watch them later?

Listen I don't mean to pick on ya. ...

I have seen just about every game this year but a few, and I have to have the Skins on one of the Tv's as one of my friends is a huge Skins fan. I know I am crazy but I love football.

882_photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm taking a look at some old Buchsbaum draft reviews. Quite fascinating some of the comparisons between say, Tom Brady and Chad Pennington who were both in the same draft. This is pretty cool.

Ramsey got beat up all year. Hard to tell how good he is when he's under pressure EVERY SNAP HE TAKES. The only thing I know about Ramsey is they he's tough, he hasn't shown me he can win, can take a game over himself, can lead a team on a winning drive ect ect. As far as Gibbs going for Brunell, be easy on Gibbs, give him a shot, he's won 3 super bow rings, I think he knows what he's doing. Either way, i'm part of the team that says we start Fiedler and draft the best player we can get with the 20th pick. We tried picking up a veteran last year and it didn't work. I say we draft a QB, let Fiedler start (he seems to win when he's actually playing and not hurt), and if he gets hurt we send the youngster out there to show his stuff. Either way, no matter what, WHERE GOING BACK THE PLAYOFFS, I can't live watching the playoffs on the couch for a 3rd straight year!!

I'm not saying he isn't or won't be a good QB I just don't think he's proven he's worth a draft pick, and I also don't think he's shown anything to believe that could be the future of the Fins.

By the way now do you believe I saw every game CK?

You may have seen parts of every Skins game yeah I believe ya. I've seen parts of most Skins games. But when you said you've seen every Skins game this year I thought you meant you watched every single skins game like totally through. By that standard yeah I've prolly seen at least 10-11 Skins games this year and most of the ones that Ramsey played in.

He does hold onto the ball too long but lets give him a break. This was his second year playing in the NFL for cryin out loud...playing against the big boys of the NFL with a college system at his arsenal. In college the holding onto the ball too long thing looked like "Very tough and competes well. Is big, strong and durable. Will really stand in against the rush. Can feel and sidestep pressure and does not look as immobile as his times would indicate"

So basically if you protect the guy thats what he'll look like. If you don't protect the dude, guess what the fact that he stands in and throws the ball in the face of monsters who want to knock his head off results in sacks.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
You may have seen parts of every Skins game yeah I believe ya. I've seen parts of most Skins games. But when you said you've seen every Skins game this year I thought you meant you watched every single skins game like totally through. By that standard yeah I've prolly seen at least 10-11 Skins games this year and most of the ones that Ramsey played in.

He does hold onto the ball too long but lets give him a break. This was his second year playing in the NFL for cryin out loud...playing against the big boys of the NFL with a college system at his arsenal. In college the holding onto the ball too long thing looked like "Very tough and competes well. Is big, strong and durable. Will really stand in against the rush. Can feel and sidestep pressure and does not look as immobile as his times would indicate"

So basically if you protect the guy thats what he'll look like. If you don't protect the dude, guess what the fact that he stands in and throws the ball in the face of monsters who want to knock his head off results in sacks.

I did, did you see the picture I attached? And with a Skins fan sitting here saying did you see that, even if I wsn't paying atention to that paticular play I saw the replay. Took a year but I now have it down that I can pretty much pay attention to all the games at once. :lol:

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

I have seen just about every game this year but a few, and I have to have the Skins on one of the Tv's as one of my friends is a huge Skins fan. I know I am crazy but I love football.

882_photo.jpg
Nice...
:drool:

Originally posted by gunsnroses
I would love to trade Ogunleye for Ramsey and Taylor Jacobs. That would give us a QB and #2 receiver.

Now *THAT'S* a good idea!

(btw, Guns n' f-n' Roses rules!)

882_photo.jpg

Madre de dios! It's like the Distillery, without the downside of ignorant, drunk and obnoxious Bills and Steelers fans!

Originally posted by phunwin

Madre de dios! It's like the Distillery, without the downside of ignorant, drunk and obnoxious Bills and Steelers fans!

Well we used to have two drunk(I don't think I have to say ignorant as I think that is redundant) Bills fan watching with us but we sent them out for beer one week and I think they got lost. Not sure of their real names we only knew tham as Clump and Justafan :lol: :jk: guys.

Distellery huh, I take it your in Rochester, where abouts in Rochester are you? I'm in Greece.

Originally posted by Lukin
If the Skins give up a high pick for Brunell, then trade Ramsey....It'll be the Dumbest move ever made by any team in the history of the National Football....no, the history of professional sports period. I would personally vote to have the Redskins removed from the league to cleans us of such stupidity.

Dumber than passing up on a kid in the 6th round, only to turn around the following year and spending a 1st round.

882_photo.jpg

wow thats alot of boob tubes

Back
Top Bottom