Chris Simms... What a Tool | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms... What a Tool

Chris Simms isn't a tool. Tools are useful and have a purpose.
Hes openly said he doesn't hate Tua. He just hates Tuanon. No Chris....you hate Tua.
Hes desperate for him to fail. The whole Tuanon thing has obviously pissed him off and he can't backtrack on his Tua hate because he went too far with it.

Last edited:
Hes got Zach Wilson ranked #22. Must be a different Zach Wilson to one that I saw last season. That one had 2334 passing yds, completion rate 55.6%. 9TDs to 11INTs and a passer rating of 69.7. Yet he's ranked #22. 7 places higher than Tua. Hmmm....yeah ok.
Simms feels compelled to stick with his laurels didn’t he put Wilson ahead of Lawrence last season

I mean sight unseen the guy is just guessing cause he knows no one is holding him accountable and then if he hits big he can act like he is some QB wizard

Hasn’t happened yet and he is running out of time on Daddy’s runway - Phil will not connect with this younger generation

Dont be too hard on Mr Simms. Maybe Chris Simms feels that Zach Wilson reminds him of himself in his playing days. They both have passer ratings at 69, both throw more INTs than TDs and both played/playing on teams that basically suck.

You would trade Tua`s potential for a 1 year maybe 2 year QB ? Thats crazy .. if this team is a contender with brady there a contender with Tua
Brady with this team has a very real chance at a Super Bowl. Yes, I would trade all of Tua's career for one Super Bowl appearance, not even a title. Oh, and I hate Brady and don't want him on my team as a fan, but if I was a GM, I'd do it.

The Tua hate is frustrating. Nothing we can do about the criticism. We just have to roll with it and ignore it. Everybody is a nobody until they are a somebody, and although not entirely his fault, Tua hasn't done enough yet. Hopefully, he will thrive under McDaniel and prove his doubters wrong with some kickass play this year!
This is key!! Tua has to prove the doubters wrong simple as that.

Hes got Zach Wilson ranked #22. Must be a different Zach Wilson to one that I saw last season. That one had 2334 passing yds, completion rate 55.6%. 9TDs to 11INTs and a passer rating of 69.7. Yet he's ranked #22. 7 places higher than Tua. Hmmm....yeah ok.

3 reasons out of many:

1. Tua has been put on a short leash and Wilson has a long one.

2. Tua has no excuses while Wilson has.

3. In Simms eyes Tua has already hit his ceiling

Fair point. Forget the fact that I hate Brady and I would maybe, probably trade Tua for him. Brady makes this team an instant Super Bowl contender this year. I would trade Tua's potential for that. I probably wouldn't trade him for Lawrence.
you wouldnt trade Tua for lawrence? That just might be the craziest thing ive ever read on here...a QB that has shown ZERO so far vs the QB that had the best potential out of college since manning and elway...yeah ok SMH

Simms is the best QB analyst in the broadcast world by far.

That does NOT mean that he is right about Tua (he could be wrong), but just in general Simms is as legit as it comes. He has wrong takes sometimes too, but he’s right a lot.

--> In 2017, when most everyone had Watson and Trubiskyas the top QB's, Simms said it was Mahomes who was the most special QB. Not Watson and Trubisky.

--> In 2018 when everyone had Baker and Darnold as the top QB's, Simms had Lamar and Allen as the best QB's in the draft. Now Lamar has an MVP, Allen is the best QB in football, and Baker/Darnold are both about to no longer be on the team that drafted them.

--> In 2019 he chose Kyler Murray as the top QB. Everyone else sucked.

--> In 2020 he chose Joe Burrow and Justin Herbert as the top QB's. Almost everyone had Tua above Herbert.

Last edited:
He thought Cam Newton was better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees.

He never said that.

He said the way McDaniels was changing the offense, it fit Newtons skill set better than Brady’s.

He thought the guy Tannehill replaced (Mariota) was better than 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson.

True but misleading.

Simms ranked Mariota as one of the worst starters in the NFL before the 2019 season. Lamar had only 99 completions in his entire career at that point so there was very little to base anything off of.

Here's the one that really cracks me up. He thought that this one guy was better than Jackson, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, and Ryan Fitzpatrick. That guy? Nick Foles.

Seems like your entire issue with Simms came from his 2019 rankings.

No one will be right 100% of the time.

But he is right a lot, and is respected for it.

Lawrence, Hurts, Wilson all ranked low 20s. Imagine of Tua put up the kind of numbers those guys have.

Back
Top Bottom