Chris Simms... What a Tool | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chris Simms... What a Tool

Here's what Simms thought before the 2019 season:

He thought Cam Newton was better than Tom Brady and Drew Brees.
His 33rd ranked QB ended up being the 2019 Comeback Player of the Year Ryan Tannehill
He thought the guy Tannehill replaced (Mariota) was better than 2019 MVP Lamar Jackson.
He thought that Case Keenum, Andy Dalton and Joe Flacco were better than Lamar, too.

Here's the one that really cracks me up. He thought that this one guy was better than Jackson, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Kyler Murray, and Ryan Fitzpatrick. That guy? Nick Foles.

Anyone with more experience than playing Madden knew that Nick Foles was a system QB, and I LIKE Nick Foles. I think Nick Foles is in the best possible spot for him in 2022. But about two months before the 2019 season, Chris Simms ranked Foles in the top half of all NFL QB. Nick Foles went on to throw 14 touchdowns. Not in 2019...in the entirety of his career since.

We shouldn't be complaining that Chris Simms doesn't like Tua. We should be celebrating.
Haha!!!!!

THIS!!!!! 🐬🐬🐬

GO GET’EM TUA!!!

Tua right now ranks about where I ranked Tannehill with him time with the Fins, a middle of the pack QB. I would take 10-15 other QB's other then him but there are about 10-15 other starting QB's that I would not trade him for. Let's see if he can do what Tannehill could not do with the Fins, get into that top 10.
What "Tannehill" could not do with the the Fins???? Not what "any QB in the last 26 years" could not do with the Fins???

What "Tannehill" could not do with the the Fins???? Not what "any QB in the last 26 years" could not do with the Fins???
Since 1966, the Dolphins have had 2 starting QB’s who were top 10 QB’s at the time they played. Griese and Marino and Griese was known more for handing the ball to the great running backs the Dolphins had than his passing ability.

While I believe Tua has the ability to be a top 10 QB. As long as he is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs and hopefully a SB over the next several years will be good enough for me.

Just read this article about Tua and how he ranks in Chris Simms' world. I know Simms is a Tua hater, but having him ranked 29 out of 40 is laughable. He's got 2-3 backups rated ahead of Tua.

Just unbelievable.

Isn't nepotism great? Must be nice to be the son of Phil Simms. In short...F Chris Simms and his stupid takes

Since 1966, the Dolphins have had 2 starting QB’s who were top 10 QB’s at the time they played. Griese and Marino and Griese was known more for handing the ball to the great running backs the Dolphins had than his passing ability.

While I believe Tua has the ability to be a top 10 QB. As long as he is good enough to lead this team to the playoffs and hopefully a SB over the next several years will be good enough for me.
Now to be fair, Griese and Marino were the starter for every season except 4 from 1967 to 1999.

Now to be fair, Griese and Marino were the starter for every season except 4 from 1967 to 1999.
You are correct but this is 2022 and 1999 was 23 years ago. So basically it’s been nearly a quarter of a century since the Dolphins have had a top 10 QB.

Sorry, I was comparing him to Tannehill as I think they both probably would have been ranked as a middle of the pack QB at this point in their careers. I was also thinking of winning a playoff game, which was in 2000, bit close to 26 years, 22.

Cut Chris Simms some slack. It's gotta be rough when your dad is Phil Simms and you're...Chris Simms.

Simms rated tua 40 when he should havr been 29.
Now he rates him 29 when fairly he should be rated 18 to start season. Lets see high high he goes

You are correct but this is 2022 and 1999 was 23 years ago. So basically it’s been nearly a quarter of a century since the Dolphins have had a top 10 QB.
Which is exactly what I wrote. I included the last few years of Marino's career too.

Sorry, I was comparing him to Tannehill as I think they both probably would have been ranked as a middle of the pack QB at this point in their careers. I was also thinking of winning a playoff game, which was in 2000, bit close to 26 years, 22.
I was counting the last 3 - 4 seasons of Marino's career. He wasn't top 10 then either (thanks to Jimmy Johnson).

Back
Top Bottom