Christian Wilkins is back! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Christian Wilkins is back!

Next years draft or a free agent it should be a priority

The defense really needs at least 1 more stout guy in the trenches and a dynamic LB. Everything else i would throw on the offensive side of the ball.

1-2 OL guys, at least 2 stud recievers, another TE, and a stud RB.

Those are the bare minimum upgrades i'd make if i were this organization.

Thank fully we have the resources to accomplish most if not all of those goals.

Yeah.....

Not sure how much work he has been getting at what positions, but has shown versatility.

It's possible he has taken a step forward in year 2, but I have doubts.

What about the Panky guy? Any possibility there?

Yes our run defense got better, but unfortunately it increases our self inflicted injuries (ie: Preston Williams). ;)

Yes our run defense got better, but unfortunately it increases our self inflicted injuries (ie: Preston Williams). ;)

If there's one secondary you should be able to be without P.Williams it's this Jet's secondary.

Honestly, If we can't beat the Jets then we're in serious trouble.

Yay... don’t think if he would’ve been here last week it would’ve made a difference. Denver was running mostly the 1960s sweep. If LBs and Edge rushers couldn’t stop it I doubt a DT would’ve been able to. I guess it would’ve helped with that run right Up the gut from Gordon.

Yay... don’t think if he would’ve been here last week it would’ve made a difference. Denver was running mostly the 1960s sweep. If LBs and Edge rushers couldn’t stop it I doubt a DT would’ve been able to. I guess it would’ve helped with that run right Up the gut from Gordon.
Yeah, our inability to stop basic pulling gaurd plays is a head scratcher.

Seems like football 101 that a D lineman follows the gaurd down the line. We just didnt.

We honestly don't have bodies in the trenches to stop power running schemes.
If the DL guys don't get it done then forget about the LB unit. Those guys are absolutely worthless!
It's either DL shut it down or we're getting ran all over.

When was the last time you can say Baker blew up a running play as a pure LB?

The need for a top notch LB is far more critical than an additional DL player if you can only have one.
agreed but I don’t believe this was “exposed” vs Denver. It’s been there since week 1 vs NE and Technically its only come back to bite us this once. Buffalo and Seattle threw all over us specifically our rookie CB, those were the other 2 losses.

This team needs to play with a lead, offense is up to do its part. The D has been giving them short fields all year, it’s their turn.

There should be plenty of holes on the Jets secondary to take advantage of. With just adequate line play we should be able to do it.

agreed but I don’t believe this was “exposed” bs Denver. It’s been there since week 1 vs NE and Technically its only come back to bite us this once. Buffalo and Seattle threw all of us specifically our rookie CB, those were the other 2 losses.

This team needs to play with a lead, offense is up to do its part. The D has been giving them short fields all year, it’s their turn.

I never mad such a statement and i have previous post that state our running defense is vunerable. But it also requires a perfect storm to pull it off.

More you think about it that could of been a big reason we got ran all over last week. Good for him to be back!

Went back and checked the DEN yards gained on run plays. Have them broken down by LT, LG, middle, RG, RT.
For that game, it doesn't appear the entire DL was bad.

LT -2, 3, 2, 2, 20, -2
LG -2
middle -2, 5, 3, 2, 0, -1, 1, 9
RG 19
RT 20, 9, 2, 3, 5, 25, 7, 9, 4, 4

There's a reason DEN mostly ran right side

We honestly don't have bodies in the trenches to stop power running schemes.
If the DL guys don't get it done then forget about the LB unit. Those guys are absolutely worthless!
It's either DL shut it down or we're getting ran all over.

When was the last time you can say Baker blew up a running play as a pure LB?

The need for a top notch LB is far more critical than an additional DL player if you can only have one.
We desperately need a true 3 down MIKE LB

I never mad such a statement and i have previous posted that state our running defense is vunerable. But it also requires a perfect storm to pull it off.
I know you didn't say that, others have so I brought it up here. I agree with you 100% run defense has been a key ingredient to beating Miami all season. I’m already worried about old man Gore going off Sunday. Get a lead and he won’t have a chance.

Ive just seen lots of posters stating Denver put out the blueprint and I think it was already out. I just put it here.

Went back and checked the DEN yards gained on run plays. Have them broken down by LT, LG, middle, RG, RT.
For that game, it doesn't appear the entire DL was bad.

LT -2, 3, 2, 2, 20, -2
LG -2
middle -2, 5, 3, 2, 0, -1, 1, 9
RG 19
RT 20, 9, 2, 3, 5, 25, 7, 9, 4, 4

There's a reason DEN mostly ran right side
Could it have been that the Broncos OC just loved to see VanNoy get washed out by the pulling guard time and time again?

Back
Top Bottom