Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout

Boomer said:
It was a 4.45.

Thanks. I thought so. If he ran in the 4.3s a lot of people would be talking about him going top 5 right now.

phinatik7 said:
Did Antrell really run a 4.38 last week like the guy said in that thread? I thought he ran in the 4.45 range.

Yep, Rolle squashed any concerns about his speed, he will battle it out with Jones to be ther 1st CB off the board. I havent heard anything about Jone's workout yet ... if he blazes under a 4.4 ... he will edge out Rolle IMO.

Boomer said:
I think there is a W-O-R-L-D of difference between the two Crunch.

Of course there is.He was a proven entity .I loved the way he would run into the line and make you think he didnt gain anything only to find out it was a 5yrd gain.The point is that statistics dont tell the whole story.

Just playing the part of the Devil's advocate.:rolleyes:

40s are so over rated for a runningback...cone drill is whats important

Buddwalk said:

Everything is important ... speed, agility, production, hands, intelligence, attitude, back ground ... etc ... it all gets looked at with a fine tooth comb. Also you have to realize that teams not only draft because of those attributes, but also how a player fits the scheme they run. So between two players of equal talent, a team probably takes the guy that bests fits their style of play.

I have expressed my concern of Fason's 40 several times. I really like him, but watching Florida play, he doesn't run like he has a rocket up his a**. He is really shifty, a great receiver, and cuts against the grain really well. Unfortunately, I'm not very surprised about this time.

Buddwalk said:

IMO the short shuttle is the most important. The ability to get to your top speed quick is the key - whatever your top speed is.

CrunchTime said:
Another former Gator couldnt run fast either and dropped a few passes in post season games.His name is Emmett Smith and the rest is history.

No comparison. That Gator also had the highest squat lift on the entire team - period! His legs were powerhouses. Fason is no comparison. He was not nearly as productive either.

I live in Gainesville and listened to the news reports tonight on the pro day. C4 (faison) was recieved pretty well by pro scouts, did really well in the cones and I heard he had a good day recieving (that is what was reported) he blamed the slower 40 on it being cold but said it is no excuse because he may have to play in a colder climate. I have heard (rumors) that during gator practices the coaches with Ron Zook had him clocked at right at 4.5! I dont know if it was an off day or what, but I have seen C4 run and he is down right explosive and willing to give and take a hit. I think he will be a very good back, just not for us unless we trade out #2 and pick him up in the early 2nd. He is IMO the #4 back in this draft, we just need to pick up the #1 guy!!! I wish C4 good luck wherever he lands in the NFL, as long as it is not with the Jets or Paties.

phinatik7 said:
Wow. He must have been having a reaaally bad day then. It may not seem like a lot but 3 tenths of a second is a lifetime when it comes to 40 times. Players never have that large of a difference between their times unless there is an injury involved, and im sure the scouts would have noted that.
Maybe he just woke up from a night of drunken madness?

Back
Top Bottom