Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout

I am a gator and a dolphin fan and although 4.7 is slow for C4 I'm not sure his speed is as good as many backs I have seen mentioned....the report on his drops hopefully was false or he was out of sorts because he has tremendous hands and made tough catches all year....I like Ciatrick and he had a great year in a tough conference but I think he is about #6 in the RB class and should be in the early 3rd or late 2nd....What I have seen of Barber and Morency I think they are certainly his equal but I only know enough about C4 to comment not really the other guys.

Of course any back that could be that productive with Zook screwing up left and right deserves some props!!!

I don't post much on this board, but I had to respond when I heard that C-4 ran a 4.7. I was sitting by the Jags scout and he clocked Fason at 4.54. Get your facts right before you post in error.

daywalker said:
I don't post much on this board, but I had to respond when I heard that C-4 ran a 4.7. I was sitting by the Jags scout and he clocked Fason at 4.54. Get your facts right before you post in error.

No one posted in error, we posted what we read or, like you, posted what you saw, or were told by another source. Boomer's source has been the most accurate of the stuff floating around out there. I'll stick with his version for now.

texasPHINSfan said:
the real question, boomer, is who would win in a footrace:

Clarett or Fason? :D

You'd need a sun dial to time that race!:cooldude:

Gunner4u65 said:
Yeah, I posted that stuff earlier today on a diff thread. There is a bunch more info on guys that worked out today. Here is the thread:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?p=1027990#post1027990

UPDATE****

More info on the work outs today:

Nebraska:

Receiver/Defensive back Willie Amos ran a scorching 4.29

Florida:

RB Fason's 4.7/40 time was done on a wet track in 50° weather

LB Crouder weight 7 pounds less than at the combine, ran a 4.7 with a 10 ft broad jump

Rick Speiman was in attendance .... hmmmmmmmmmmmm!

RB Fason's 4.7/40 time was done on a wet track in 50° weather[/I]

This here is the key, a 20* difference & a wet track. The conditions weren't comprable to those at the combine.

The "wet track" referenced in the report about Crowder and Fason's 40 times referenced "The Swamp". Unlike a lot of schools, Florida has their players run at the football stadium, rather than on the track.

It's been raining a lot in Gainesville, lately. Wouldn't be surprised if Fason and Crowder were running on a slow, rain-soaked grass surface as opposed to a dry, synthetic running track.

Neither Crowder nor Fason have ever appeared "slow" to me.

Anyone thats seen him play knows he's faster than that. If anything this may be a good thing, if we don't take a RB at #2, maybe he'll still be around when we pick again, whether that be a 2nd from Surtain or our 3rd, which I highly doubt he will be there. He is by far the best back after the top 3.

Boomer said:
Rick was there and also saw Channing Crowder run a 4.7.
Elsewhere Dan Cody burned a 4.68 whilst WR Mark Bradley ran a 4.32. He's a solid 2nd rounder. Brodney Poole impressed with a 4.50 and a 39 inch vertical.

Josh Bullocks ran a 4.46 at the Husker Pro Day.

If Miami could get #7 and #18, Brodney Pool is my choice at 18. The guy isnt a hammer but can tackle and help in the run as well as cover. Very complete Safety (Shazor and Davis hare hitters and Bullocks is a coverage guy).

Why would you take safety at 18 that isn't named Roy Williams or Sean Taylor? Ed Reed wasn't even picked that high. There's no need to take him that high.

thatrutho7 said:
pshhh! He runs a 4.4 people have bad days, relax guys. Besides his speed is only one of his good qualities.. Have you seen him play? He breaks so many big runs it amazing. He has great size and vision I would love to see him in a Phins Jersey next year... :D

..funny Clarrett got PUMMELED for a similar 40..and everyones making excuses for this guy.....SAD:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom