Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ciatrick Fason Runs a 4.70 in his Workout

Wow,a running back with defensive tackle speed.
Don't compare him with Emmitt,Emmitt was never
that slow.

Boomer you are risking your reputation saying that a local Florida College Hero timed something he didnt... I like the reports and the mock drafts you make but the mainstream media its saying a hole different story than yours... Im not bashing you its a tip cause I dont want to see people bashing you in the future if this trend keeps on going... NFL and ESPN say he ran 4.46.

NFL | Fason Pro Day Results - from www.KFFL.com
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:09:14 -0800

Ian Fisher, of the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/10">Florida Times-Union, reports University of Florida's RB Ciatrick Fason conducted his pro day workout Wednesday, March 9, and said he was clocked between 4.46 and 4.52 in the 40-yard dash. In addition, Fason said he was told scouts were impressed with his workout performance and could see his draft stock rise into the first round.

Well no one seems to agree on his 40:confused: I think it should be around 4.58 probably. Does anyone has any official times yet?

Namor said:
Wow,a running back with defensive tackle speed.
Don't compare him with Emmitt,Emmitt was never
that slow.

Emmit (one of my all time favorites) was slow as heck. As I recall, his best time ever was 4.6 on a fast track. Not saying CF is/will be Emmit, but speed wise 4.6 on fast track is very similar to 4.7 on a slow track. IMO they are very comparable speed wise. If anything I would guess that CF might be a hair faster.

CrunchTime said:
Another former Gator couldnt run fast either and dropped a few passes in post season games.His name is Emmett Smith and the rest is history.

:yeahthat:

Joey 22 said:
Boomer you are risking your reputation saying that a local Florida College Hero timed something he didnt... I like the reports and the mock drafts you make but the mainstream media its saying a hole different story than yours... Im not bashing you its a tip cause I dont want to see people bashing you in the future if this trend keeps on going... NFL and ESPN say he ran 4.46.

Joey I'm not risking a damn thing. People have been dining out on the numbers I gave and continue to give. No matter what the Gator lovers say, a number of teams came away unhappy with his performance and timed him in the 4.61 to 4.70 area.

You may not like that, but this information came from someone who WAS AT THE WORKOUT and subsequently talked to a number of scouts on their reaction.

"In Gainesville running back Ciatrick Fason barely broke 4.70 this morning. While Fason claimed to have run a 4.46 no scouts had him faster then a 4.61 on their stop watch. To his defense it was less then stellar conditions as the forty was run on a damp field with with 50-degree temperature. Fason weighed in at 209 pounds, two more then his combine reading. He did not look especially sharp in pass catching drills and dropped a few. After the workout Fason had lunch with the Packers. The Bengals and Patriots also seem very interested in the former Gator back."

From TFY.

Boomer said:
If you don't like it, take up ten pin bowling or showjumping.

:roflmao: What does that have to do with anything? And what exactly is "showjumping"?

You guys should know its pointless to argue with the Anti-Gator.

Boomer said:
"In Gainesville running back Ciatrick Fason barely broke 4.70 this morning. While Fason claimed to have run a 4.46 no scouts had him faster then a 4.61 on their stop watch. To his defense it was less then stellar conditions as the forty was run on a damp field with with 50-degree temperature. Fason weighed in at 209 pounds, two more then his combine reading. He did not look especially sharp in pass catching drills and dropped a few. After the workout Fason had lunch with the Packers. The Bengals and Patriots also seem very interested in the former Gator back."

From TFY.

That tells me all I need to know.

No source has him that low and even if he ran 4.65 to 4.52 like the NFL report says it was on a wet and muddy grass, I think that if he falls off to the second we HAVE to atleast take him a long hard look...Of course if we manage to get a 2nd rd. pick.

Back
Top Bottom