Clarrett a Dolphin? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clarrett a Dolphin?

I would take him as long as it wasnt before the 6th round. I mean the guy has potential, last year he would have gone in the first 3 rounds and now becasue of his 40 people are dropping him way way down. I know they guy has character issues but sadly not many players these days dont.

Clarrett would be a waste of a pick. Give me Brandon Jacobs or Nehemia Broughton instead.

Would it be overly dramatic to say I'd prefer we amend the Feeley trade to give whatever pick we'd use on Clarett to the Eagles rather than take Maurice? ;)

I wouldnt mind him in the 7th, possibly the 6th, if we had one. But in all reality he did run a horrible 40, and I am not one to say 40's are everything, but a 4.82 will not cut it in the NFL, I can run faster than that...literally, I have!
But I wouldnt be disappointed in getting him very late, risk could be worth it with his potential, he could have just been having a bad, very bad day at the combine.

If we spent no earlier than a 6th (which we don't have anyway) I'd be sort of ok with it. If he were selected I am assuming that Saban feels he can whip this guy into shape and turn him into an NFL capable back. The talent is there...the character issues are a worry.

Personally I'd rather throw a late round pick at a big bruiser kind of guy to see if it works out. Brandon Jacobs for instance...

i dont think we should waste a pick on him.....but if he turns out to be undrafted.....i wouldnt mind bringin him in and see if he can make the team

KB21 said:
I think some of you forget, or simply didn't watch, what Clarett did as a freshman. He had good numbers, but a lot of that was because he had a great team around him. He missed a good bit of time during his freshman season due to nagging injuries, and OSU didn't miss a beat with Lydell Ross in the backfield.

Basically, you have a guy that wasn't as great as he is being made out to be as a freshman, and he had durability questions. That's the only season he has played. Consider the fact that he has a very poor forty time, and you have a player that shouldn't be drafted at all.

:roflmao: :roflmao: ....didnt miss a beat with Lydell Ross????? I think YOU didnt watch any games!!! Dude that is one off the wall comment if I have ever read one!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao:

I'd like to take him early on day two.

Ideally we trade down to the end of the 4th round, pick up an extra 4th or 5th, and either use the 4th on him or use our early 5th on him.

He could be gone by the end of the 4th.

He's only 21.

He might mature in the league.

There's gotta be some team that thinks that and doesn't want to lose him through the 5th round.

LdoubleE80 said:
KB, I'm not a big supporter of taking Clarrett, but there is absolutely no way you watched Ohio State very much. Did you watch Ohio State the year AFTER Clarrett when they had the same offensive line and QB? It was anemic, pathetic, and a sad sight to watch. Tell me you don't think Lydell Ross was as good as Clarrett, please.

Right on brother. I personally think Clarett is the steal of the 2nd day and apparently so does miami. For all you clarett haters stick to your day jobs and let the real talent evaluators do there job. :tongue:

I'd only take Clarett if we took Mike Williams in the 1st round, or Braylen Edwards.

I'd really like Caddy though.

I told you people several weeks ago that miami showed up at his personal workout in Y town. I believe speilman has some insight on him from his brother. It will all come out after the draft when we take him in the fourth round. For all you clarett haters why don't you have a big tall glass of shut the **** up.

CrunchTime said:
No.I am against drafting players who have character problems.Drafting a player who has character problems and questionable talent would be ludicrous.A wasted pick IMO no matter how low a round.

Dude i don't know you that well but I swear you alway take the position of status quo. take a chance on my man clarett. let your self go :lol:

KB21 said:
I think some of you forget, or simply didn't watch, what Clarett did as a freshman. He had good numbers, but a lot of that was because he had a great team around him. He missed a good bit of time during his freshman season due to nagging injuries, and OSU didn't miss a beat with Lydell Ross in the backfield.

Basically, you have a guy that wasn't as great as he is being made out to be as a freshman, and he had durability questions. That's the only season he has played. Consider the fact that he has a very poor forty time, and you have a player that shouldn't be drafted at all.

I was respecting your opinions on draft prospects till this mess of a statement :tongue:

If we pick up several more picks and trade and pick up several MORE picks and we end up with the very last pick in ther draft - then we can go Clarrett.

Back
Top Bottom