Clay signs offer sheet from Bills | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Clay signs offer sheet from Bills

As a run stopper darius is better but i think your link shows exactly what mine did. As a pass rusher Suh is better

Also you have to factor in the teams Dareus plays as opposed to what Suh did. I would argue facing Brady twist a year and his can look at him status without getting flagged hurts stats

on flip side seeing Cutler and that sieve line helps inflate

Not by as much as people make it out to be.

Actually, last year he was. Not that you need help here.

That said, Dareus is not that much better than Suh at run stopping. So it's a toss up. They're both monsters, one just isn't as fit so...

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Also you have to factor in the teams Dareus plays as opposed to what Suh did. I would argue facing Brady twist a year and his can look at him status without getting flagged hurts stats

on flip side seeing Cutler and that sieve line helps inflate

Oh yeah, like Suh didn't have rodgers to deal with and Dareus didn't have whoever the Jets decided to play (and we won't even mention Miami's line issues).

I don't think any Bills fan would think it crazy that Dolphin fans would prefer Suh. You just gave the guy 114 million dollars. Bills fans can make an argument easily for Dareus as a guy that just hit his prime, is bigger and stronger, more versatile and outpaced Suh last year in sacks and is better against the run.

Dareus was drafted 3rd and Suh 2nd overall, though Suh had more hype. Suh was better out of the box as well, Dareus just started to dominate the last 2 years.

Actually, last year he was. Not that you need help here.

That said, Dareus is not that much better than Suh at run stopping. So it's a toss up. They're both monsters, one just isn't as fit so...

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Oh yeah, like Suh didn't have rodgers to deal with and Dareus didn't have whoever the Jets decided to play (and we won't even mention Miami's line issues).

No I get that and I never said Dareus was better I said they are on same level.

Then get the Suh is Elite Dareus is good

So I decided to defend my thinking

They Both are ELITE DTS

Both very close in terms of production and impact

I never once said Suh was not Elite was just pointing out these two players are Elite and the same stuff yoi heard from National media of impact UFA since White you would hear the same from them if (hoping it never happens) Dareus hit the market

Then used stats and comparison to back that up just to show I am not grandstanding for my player. They are the two top DTS in the game. Very similar and slight differences between them.

You will say Suh is 1 and Dareus is 2
I will say Dareus is 1 and Suh is 2

You call Dareus conditioning into a factor
I call Suh dirty play and a microscope he is under into a factor

But what I do know is the leagues top 2 DTs are in the AFCE

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

$24.5M in the first two years....misdirection.

O now guess what Pegula made that in 19 minutes on a well

We might both have a point. Though, I would say mine matters a bit more. While Dareus tends to disappear late in the season (at least in terms of pass rushing production), Suh seems to get better. If a team wanted someone to perform late in the season and into the playoffs I doubt there would be much choice--it's Suh all day.

No I get that and I never said Dareus was better I said they are on same level.

Then get the Suh is Elite Dareus is good

So I decided to defend my thinking

They Both are ELITE DTS

I never once said Suh was not Elite was just pointing out these two players are Elite and the same stuff yoi heard from National media of impact UFA since White you would hear the same from them if (hoping it never happens) Dareus hit the market

Then used stats and comparison to back that up just to show I am not grandstanding for my player. They are the two top DTS in the game. Very similar and slight differences between them.

But what I do know is the leagues top 2 DTs are in the AFCE

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

O now guess what Pegula made that in 19 minutes on a well

This isn't baseball.

Where is this conditioning concern coming from? You're making it out like the guy disappears at the end of games and at the end of the year. Didn't see that.

This isn't baseball.

Again and for the final time Clays contract doesn't stop one thing from what they Bills want to do this year or next

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Where is this conditioning concern coming from? You're making it out like the guy disappears at the end of games and at the end of the year. Didn't see that.

Because of 1 season he came overweight to camp. And he only plays around 60 percent of snaps.

Again and for the final time Clays contract doesn't stop one thing from what they Bills want to do this year or next

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Because of 1 season he came overweight to camp. And he only plays around 60 percent of snaps.

Dont fool yourself.

There's other examples, but consider this simple one: Dareus had his 10th sack week 10 (during a 3 sack performance--which was an anomaly). From then on he did not record a sack. There looks to be a similar trend with tackles. Seems he wasn't around the ball as often as the season went on. Of course, this is a very simple analysis. Just sayin'.

Yeah, came into camp overweight and had his best year. The snap counts have to do with D coordinator rotating everyone in all the time. The Bills have a lot of nice depth players like Wynn, Charles, and Lawson that can make an impact while keeping the starters fresh. It's a philosophy that worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom